Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harvey Norman poor service

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

gowley wrote: »
    a replacement within 30 days!!!!!!!!! and your happy with this from amazon and cant wait 48 hrs for an LG rep to come out. sounds like you have an ulterior motive. im sure harvey will be glad you wont be buying anything off him again

Er. I think you missed a couple of things:

1. This thread is over a year old. I expect the OP has long since solved his problem.
    2. Amazon will replace or refund if the item is returned within 30 days. They will also replace without question even outside this time if the item is faulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭gowley

Er. I think you missed a couple of things:

1. This thread is over a year old. I expect the OP has long since solved his problem.
    2. Amazon will replace or refund if the item is returned within 30 days. They will also replace without question even outside this time if the item is faulty.

point being he was happy to quote amazons 30 day replacement policy but wasnt happy to wait 48 hrs for a lg rep. for a retail business being bad mouthed for perfectly reasonable service is unfair. the thread was being replied to today so i voiced my opinion .

gowley wrote: »
    point being he was happy to quote amazons 30 day replacement policy but wasnt happy to wait 48 hrs for a lg rep. for a retail business being bad mouthed for perfectly reasonable service is unfair. the thread was being replied to today so i voiced my opinion .

Someone dug up an old thread and decided to reply as well as others even though it's over a year old. Bit pointless, don't you think?

Someone dug up an old thread and decided to reply as well as others even though it's over a year old. Bit pointless, don't you think?

why have you replied then. a bit pointless dont you think.

Merely to point out the thread's over a year old, had you (and others) bothered to read it through. Anyway - I'm bored with this now. Off to comment on recent threads that are of interest.

• Advertisement

lol. dont worry about other people posting on old threads if it bothers you. but dont knock them either especially when you post numerous times yourself. what a hypocrite !!!!!

You know nothing about me. So you're not qualified to judge. I'll leave it there, as you're seriously boring me...

is that you commenting on a year old thread again. i now know you are not a man of your word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

The problem is that while you've a contract with the retailer, they're a customer of LG and ultimately if it's a manufacturing fault, LG would have to replace the machine for Harvey Norman.

LG will send an engineer out and check it over and if it's a major fault, they'll replace the machine. If it's a minor fault, they might just fix it e.g. a blown fuse or component.

There's not much point in replacing a whole machine with a very minor fault that can be easily fixed on site. It won't make any different to your guarantee or to your machine if it's just some fuse, circuit board or minor component that gets swapped out.

We had a similar issue with a Hotpoint Aqualtis washing machine a few years ago that was making a constant squeaky noise.
    Engineer called out, was very friendly, checked it over couldn't find why the machine was squeaking and assumed it was a problem with the motor as that's where it was coming from.

They just wrote off the machine and replaced the machine with a slightly higher end model as a gesture of good will.

Unfortunately, washing machines can go wrong. They're probably the most mechanically complicated appliance in your house other than your car.

In general, the LG machines are very good from what I've heard and certainly compare with the upper mid priced models of any other range.

Miele was mentioned up the thread there. It's in a different league entirely. Effectively you're buying a machine that's built to nearly industrial specs. They've things like stainless steel outer tubs, cast iron instead of concrete weights and just way better components but you pay a huge price for that.

It could be worth it if you're going through a washing machine in less than 5 years as you've obviously got a need for a seriously tough machine.

you better be careful or abajann in cork will be harrassing you for replying on an old thread

• Advertisement

I'm not the one who resurrected it ! Didn't realise it was THAT old.

SpaceTime wrote: »
    I'm not the one who resurrected it ! Didn't realise it was THAT old.

neither did i. was just defending hn. thought they were being quite reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Bepolite wrote: »
    Never buy on brand. Look at what machines they do (from their website or store). Google reviews of that machine. Look at who is offering the best price on the best reviewed machine.

Avoid whirlpool at all costs would be the o ly exception to the rule in my opinion. Had three whirlpool dishwashers go faulty on me, cost me a fortune in the end.

I also think if you check the build quality and it looks like junk and feels like junk then it probably is junk!

You can tell a lot by things like seams not lining up right, lose paddles in the drum, ugly lose plastic mouldings, plastic door hinges...

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭quickdraw2

bumper234 wrote: »
    5 months since op had his/her little rant and then nothing, Starting to look like it was something simple like a blown fuse and op decided not to eat the proverbial humble pie and update. :D

So how did this get resolved in the end ?

I know this is an old thread, but I think it is interesting to find out if the matter was resolved satisfactorily.

or why the OP after bad mouthing HN in their rant did not update us on the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭raclle

Bought a TV off this crowd last week and paid €25 for delivery and only a few days later they have it on a free delivery offer. Obviously chanced my arm and asked for a refund for delivery which was obviously declined

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Wow!! Thanks for resurrecting a seven year old thread for your informative anecdote!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Locking necro-thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement