Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-07-2014, 03:12   #2041
CrazyRabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltwin View Post
Just back from walking my dog and noticed a red hyundai accent with two white males 20's driving around Parslickstown, very slowly as if they were looking for someone or something, I asked them if they were lost and they sped of fairly sharpish. Could be nothing, could be something, have never seen them before but keep a heads up. I have the the full reg, its a 99 D car.
To be fair, if I met my evil twin, I'd probably run away as well!
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
12-07-2014, 13:37   #2042
Dre as in Dray

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltwin View Post
Just back from walking my dog and noticed a red hyundai accent with two white males 20's driving around Parslickstown, very slowly as if they were looking for someone or something, I asked them if they were lost and they sped of fairly sharpish. Could be nothing, could be something, have never seen them before but keep a heads up. I have the the full reg, its a 99 D car.

Same Area Thismorning, 2 guys in a louth reg silver kangoo tried to break into a house but were chased off after they got in the front door. Gardai called reg given. But keep an eye out. They have been seen before in the area.
(3) thanks from:
15-07-2014, 15:29   #2043
Larbre34

Heard a second hand report this morning of a number of catalytic converters being robbed off a few trucks and vans overnight around Clonee. Keep an eye on your commercial vehicles folks.
Thanks from:
15-07-2014, 16:41   #2044
Dre as in Dray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larbre34 View Post
Heard a second hand report this morning of a number of catalytic converters being robbed off a few trucks and vans overnight around Clonee. Keep an eye on your commercial vehicles folks.

I heard about this too. They get about €50 per one that they steel. They are mainly looking for ones from trucks and jeeps .
15-07-2014, 17:11   #2045
Larbre34

Probably getting ten times that on donedeal for them. B*******.
Advertisement
16-07-2014, 18:29   #2046
Marcin_diy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre as in Dray View Post
I heard about this too. They get about €50 per one that they steel. They are mainly looking for ones from trucks and jeeps .
If someone is surprised - read about what is catalytic converter made of - precious metals like platinum, palladium and rhodium + aluminium, nickel and copper.
some models can be sold to scrapyards for up to 250 euro.
I do not say that people from some particular countries found easy way for few bob here in Ireland, but it is a fact that this is a serious issue in Poland for example.
Yesterday, 11:12   #2047
orlaanne

Woken up by Garda helicopter last night at 4.20am, looked out the window and the guards are searching around our street and our neighbours back garden (Delwood). No idea what was going on, Anyone else hear anything?

We don't think our neighbour called them because I heard one of them apologise for waking her.
Yesterday, 11:43   #2048
ThisRegard

I heard it but over the other side of D15, I just assumed it was something to do with the traveller carry on around Cappagh.
Yesterday, 12:01   #2049
horse7

Looks like 20 squad cars and a chopper at the <SNIP> travellers </SNIP> camp in dunsink,shots were fired,there is some news in the in do,that was at 7.30am.

Last edited by Gaspode; Today at 09:12.
Advertisement
Yesterday, 14:08   #2050
horse7

see http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-30465936.html

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size