Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Subscription boxes available in Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭poppies2

That alainn.ie one looked great, I'd sign up to that but it looks like it's not going anymore?

Have you tried the lookfantastic one? I thought that wasn't bad, I signed up for the 6 month one but I cancelled it for the time being has had so many products to use up. You could buy one just to see what it's like. Check out the blog behindgreeneyes, she's an Irish blogger that has reviews on a lot of them including a book and food one :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

http://whichbeautyboxuk.com/ is useful for checking out the UK based ones.
    I get Birchbox although it can be very mixed,still good value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dustypearl

I am seriously thinking about cancelling my Glossybox subscription. I think they bring out a good box every three or four months so that you think they're picking up and you don't cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Aacaldwell

I subscribed to Birchbox for about 5-6 months and then I finally decided to cancel it as I felt it was a waste of money. It was a hit and miss each month and pretty much 95% of the stuff I never used. The only thing I use from all of the boxes is The Wet Brush. My friend subscribed to it the same time as myself but she cancelled the subscription a few months before me as she was disappointed as well. One thing about it that really annoyed me was that when you sign up, you fill out a questionnaire about your skin tone, skin type, hair colour, eyebrow colour, eye colour etc so they will send you products that match your skin tone and hair colour. I'm quite pale and have black hair, yet numerous times I received really dark concealers that I couldn't use, as well as eyebrow products for blonde or brown eyebrows, which can't be used on my black eyebrows - so a lot of products were either given to someone else or just not used at all.

I unsubscribed in December of last year so not sure if they've improved since then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

I bought myself a 3-month Glossybox subscription a little while ago, it was grand but 3 months was enough. Wasn't overly impressed with the selection of products. I got way more use out of the M&S advent calendar that I got for Christmas last year, I really thought it was worth every penny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Keepingitreal

http://www.naturalskincare.ie do a lovely all natural beauty box for €19.99. All the others seem to be UK based. I tend to go between the likes of birchbox etc for one off boxes or if they are doping an offer. Otherwise you start to get rubbish lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

missmatty wrote: »
    I bought myself a 3-month Glossybox subscription a little while ago, it was grand but 3 months was enough. Wasn't overly impressed with the selection of products. I got way more use out of the M&S advent calendar that I got for Christmas last year, I really thought it was worth every penny!

I got suckered into buying this when it was on offer in December and it was amazing! I hope they do another one this year.

http://www.naturalskincare.ie do a lovely all natural beauty box for €19.99. All the others seem to be UK based. I tend to go between the likes of birchbox etc for one off boxes or if they are doping an offer. Otherwise you start to get rubbish lol

When I use up all my other stuff from the lookfantastic box I think I will sign up to this, it looks lovely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

I saw this month's Glossybox opened on some bloggers' snapchats and it looked terrible - I mean there was a kinder bueno in it 😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

ciaradx wrote: »
    I saw this month's Glossybox opened on some bloggers' snapchats and it looked terrible - I mean there was a kinder bueno in it 😂

Why would that make it terrible? A free chocolate sample is not a bad thing :D
    What else was in it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

Why would that make it terrible? A free chocolate sample is not a bad thing :D
    What else was in it?

A hand cream, cetaphil cream, a small sample of something from pixi (I think a mist?) and a silicon blender. I might have missed something but overall didn't look worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

A hand cream, cetaphil cream, a small sample of something from pixi (I think a mist?) and a silicon blender. I might have missed something but overall didn't look worth the money.

I don't ever feel it is worth the money :(

Pixie mist would be good but the rest sounds rubbish!!
    Glossybox seems to be one good one and 2 bad though....

Look fantastic was AMAZING this month.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Pixie mist would be good but the rest sounds rubbish!!
    Glossybox seems to be one good one and 2 bad though....

Look fantastic was AMAZING this month.

What's in it?

Would Look Fantastic be better than Glossybox on a regular basis?

What's in it?

Would Look Fantastic be better than Glossybox on a regular basis?

I think so, it can be a little bit more skincare based but it's much better. Glossybox can seem a bit cheap even though they are roughly the same price!

There was - eve lom cleanser (good size sample) and cloth, an eye make up brush, gorgeous quad eye pallette from hikari, illamasqua contour stick (I presume it's a sample but it's really big) , declor hydrating serum sample, hair stuff from christophe Robin and a lolly :D

I think so, it can be a little bit more skincare based but it's much better. Glossybox can seem a bit cheap even though they are roughly the same price!

There was - eve lom cleanser (good size sample) and cloth, an eye make up brush, gorgeous quad eye pallette from hikari, illamasqua contour stick (I presume it's a sample but it's really big) , declor hydrating serum sample, hair stuff from christophe Robin and a lolly :D

I'm more beauty based but I might give it a try!

I'm more beauty based but I might give it a try!

I like it all so I get birchbox too... I have a problem :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mares2

Was this in the September box? Looks really good, I'd love to try the eve lom cleanser. I've got Birchbox for the last few months, find it hit and miss, keep thinking of cancelling then give it another month!

The m&s advent calendar and summer box were great.

Mares2 wrote: »
    Was this in the September box? Looks really good, I'd love to try the eve lom cleanser. I've got Birchbox for the last few months, find it hit and miss, keep thinking of cancelling then give it another month!

The m&s advent calendar and summer box were great.

Yes look fantastic September box!

Just got my Glossybox for this month and it's making me glad I've switched! I've always been happy with the boxes up to now but this one was basically everything I didn't need. I have oily skin which I'm sure I would have said in my beauty profile yet I got there different products for dry skin! Really disappointed with it.

• Advertisement

Just got my Glossybox for this month and it's making me glad I've switched! I've always been happy with the boxes up to now but this one was basically everything I didn't need. I have oily skin which I'm sure I would have said in my beauty profile yet I got there different products for dry skin! Really disappointed with it.

Total rubbish!! I'm gonna wait and see what's in the unicorn/mermaid box next month and if it's rubbish again I'll cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Gangu

Where can you buy the M&S calendar ?

I don't think it's available until November, the 6th I think

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mares2

Looking forward to the M&S box this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

Anybody know how long one should expect to wait for Birchbox delivery to Ireland?Ordered my box on the 27th of April.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 xkat11

KM792 wrote: »
    Anybody know how long one should expect to wait for Birchbox delivery to Ireland?Ordered my box on the 27th of April.

It takes a while... I ordered mine on the 7th and it arrived early May..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Sorry for dragging up an old'ish thread!

I am interested in starting a beauty box subscription for my wife and daughter who is 9 and make up mad!

Could anyone advise which company may suit my needs? The daughter will want more make up like lip stick, eye shadows etc. The wife would like a more face creams etc.

The companies I am looking at are:

Birchbox.
    Glossy Box.
    Look Fantastic.

Can anyone recommend one of these or another?

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 xkat11

branners69 wrote: »

I am interested in starting a beauty box subscription for my wife and daughter who is 9 and make up mad!

Could anyone advise which company may suit my needs? The daughter will want more make up like lip stick, eye shadows etc. The wife would like a more face creams etc.

Birchbox.
    Glossy Box.
    Look Fantastic.

Many thanks.

Out of the three I think Glossybox and Look fantastic are the best (owned by the same company). They are skincare centric but in Glossybox you usually find at least one make up item in every box.

I'd recommend glossybox for a subscription.

That said, I've found that Birchbox does a lot of discounts. Before Christmas they had an offer for 3 boxes for 5£ plus postage where you got the new box and two older ones. So I bought that and then canceled my subscription and I renew it for the odd box I like here and there. They usually do discounts at the end of every month if they are not sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

xkat11 wrote: »
    branners69 wrote: »

Birchbox.
    Glossy Box.
    Look Fantastic.

Many thanks.

Out of the three I think Glossybox and Look fantastic are the best (owned by the same company). They are skincare centric but in Glossybox you usually find at least one make up item in every box.

I'd recommend glossybox for a subscription.

That said, I've found that Birchbox does a lot of discounts. Before Christmas they had an offer for 3 boxes for 5£ plus postage where you got the new box and two older ones. So I bought that and then canceled my subscription and I renew it for the odd box I like here and there. They usually do discounts at the end of every month if they are not sold out.

Thanks for the reply, I think I will go with Glossybox. I will also keep an eye on Birchbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kulekat

I get birchbox, and i love getting the surprise every month!!
    Its more makeup based, so probably better for your 9yo. I regularly keep bits for my daughter in it and then give them to her in an unused box as a surprise.

They also normally do hair and face masks, and good size products.

So, i would get different subscriptions for ur wife and daughter. Birchbox for the 9yo and let your wife choose her own. If its a complete surprise then glossybox or look fantastic for your wife.

Nice present!

Advertisement