Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Snooker Club in Arklow

• 09-03-2015 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Just to let anyone in the Arklow area know that a new snooker club has just opened up on the main street, just up past the cathedral on the left hand side.

There was a snooker club on this premises previously but it closed down 2-3 years back.

Anyway I have been in there today on my lunch break and its a really nice spot. There are 8 full sized tables (all newly recovered), a couple of pool tables to the rear, nice sofas around the tables, and tea & coffee available.

I was talking to the proprietor and he is a really nice guy. I really hope it goes well for him. It's great to see a new club like this opening up. Hes' going to start his advertising campaign this week.

Well worth a visit. I will ask his permission to post a few photographs up this week on this thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭chancer007

Hi,

U got a link to the new club ?

Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

That's news that's really good to hear.

Lets face it, over the last 10 years most of the stories is of clubs closing down. Maybe I'm just imagining it, but things seem to be looking up in the past year for clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

You're right. It is fantastic news. The club doesn't have a website yet but from speaking to the owner he intends creating a facebook page in the next few weeks. I will be in the club later and I will ask permission to take a few photographs to post on this thread.

any pics yet?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

I have played a few times.the guy who runs it is really nice. I played there this afternoon. Its really nice athmosphere and its well equipe. he is looking after the tables to keep the cloth nice and fast. He was ironing the cloth on all the tables today when I was in. Its a major improvement over what it was. There is quite loud music playing which is a first I've seen in a snooker hall, although I prefer to Play in a quiet room, it doesn't really bother me and I'm not good enough for something like that to put me off majorly although its nice to have am excuse sometimes for playing shockingly bad shots. I'd definitely recommend giving it a look and I hope it goes well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Is that where the 147 was previously ?

Farrells in the early days was great, always had good tournaments as well.

Guys apologies for the late reply on this. Please see attached images of the club. To answer the previous poster, yes its in the same place as the old 147.

The new owner has told me that he intends to hold competitions in the future also. He's finding his feet at the moment. But if you are interested in playing tournaments you should mention it to him when you're in there. He's a really nice guy. and would appreciate everyone's views & opinions particularly if they will become regulars.

Hi,

Thanks for the pics.
    Place looks really well kitted out.
    If I am down that way I might pop in.
    I run some pool tournaments myself so I was just curious to see what the place looks like.

Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Looks like a lovely set-up, I would hope to pop down some time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Very nice looking snooker room fair play to them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Has to be one of the nicest looking Snooker Clubs I've ever seen!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Greenbaize

Whats the name of this club? It looks great in pictures

Its called 'The Cue' snooker club.

Advertisement