Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"Does anyone do this course and want to tell me about it?"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭melboix

A friend of mine was gonna do Corp Law, changed her mind since but it sounded pretty cool.

Arts in NUIG anyone? :P Or better yet, Film & Media in Stirling Uni? I'm split between the two, still depends on grades though. 5 B's for Stirling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Anyone going for Chemical Sciences in UCC? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

Burner- wrote: »
    I am not sure what i want to do after college would Engineering in trinity be a good broad option?

I'm doing Engineering in Trinity. Should be good. They teach you all the types of engineering and develop your problem solving skills so you can do nearly anything when you graduate. I'm probably gonna be a civil engineer but if you have an engineering degree from trinity you can work in any job that requires good problem solving skills. If you like maths, physics or how things work and like solving problems you should do it. From what I've heard it's a great course! Really well paid and fun jobs aswell.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Peleus wrote: »
    I'm doing Engineering in Trinity. Should be good. They teach you all the types of engineering and develop your problem solving skills so you can do nearly anything when you graduate. I'm probably gonna be a civil engineer but if you have an engineering degree from trinity you can work in any job that requires good problem solving skills. If you like maths, physics or how things work and like solving problems you should do it. From what I've heard it's a great course! Really well paid and fun jobs aswell.

I'm doing engineering in trinity. Great course. PM me if you want more info.

Oh and come to the engsoc stand in freshers week. I'll be on it i think ;)

Posted via Mobile Device

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

Music Technology in BCFE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭emmie-lou

Digital Media in ITB..its a new course starting in september should be interesting :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 SuperJen

I'm really interested in doing Psychology, so any info on that would be great!

Also anyone who went to Maynooth, I'd love to hear what you thought of it, thats where I'm planning to go if I get the points!!

Oh and does anybody know how difficult it is to get into Psychology through Arts in Maynooth? Because I might not get the points, would I be better off just repeating to get the points, instead of waiting three years after getting an Arts degree and maybe not getting into Psychology at all??

Thanks guys, I'm really confused!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 **simone**

English in UCD anyone????

OR.. Journalism in DCU???

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

SuperJen wrote: »
    I'm really interested in doing Psychology, so any info on that would be great!

Also anyone who went to Maynooth, I'd love to hear what you thought of it, thats where I'm planning to go if I get the points!!

Oh and does anybody know how difficult it is to get into Psychology through Arts in Maynooth? Because I might not get the points, would I be better off just repeating to get the points, instead of waiting three years after getting an Arts degree and maybe not getting into Psychology at all??

Thanks guys, I'm really confused!!!

I do Psychology in Maynooth :) I'm in the PS106 stream, but it's pretty stressful for the people competing for places. Have you thought about trying psychology through science? Points are a lot lower for that :)

To get in through arts you need an A/B average, which isn't TOO hard to obtain.

I like the course and it's great getting to do 2 arts subjects as I really enjoyed them too. Looking forward to second year :) PM me if you want to ask anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭scholes19

The new course in maynooth,business and law (MH406), does anybody know what the points for gaining entry are gonna be like? Also i wonder if this couse is of quality in comparison to others namely DN021 which is interestingly 4yrs were maynooth is a 3yr course!

anybody got any positive contribution or are doing DN021,replies appreciated!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

scholes19 wrote: »
    The new course in maynooth,business and law (MH406), does anybody know what the points for gaining entry are gonna be like? Also i wonder if this couse is of quality in comparison to others namely DN021 which is interestingly 4yrs were maynooth is a 3yr course!

anybody got any positive contribution or are doing DN021,replies appreciated!;)

DN021 and MH406 are my no.1 and no.2

Haven't heard any feedback on either but I really like the idea of DN021 and they sold it very well at the open day... No idea on points for Maynooth but I'd imagine a good bit lower than UCD.. Anyone think UCD points might go up this year for that course, as they announced an increase in first pref's for it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭scholes19

not to sure whether i want to travel out to ucd, while maynooth is 10 mins down the road,hopefully mh course is in around +400ish mark!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

scholes19 wrote: »
    not to sure whether i want to travel out to ucd, while maynooth is 10 mins down the road,hopefully mh course is in around +400ish mark!

Either one for me will mean moving.. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

**simone** wrote: »
    English in UCD anyone????

OR.. Journalism in DCU???
    I have Journalism in DCU down too, and a friend of mine is doing it at the moment. Supposed to be the best Journalism course in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭conormurphy

Can anyone tell me about Commerce (Business With Chinese Studies) in UCD? It was 455 last year but I suppose thatll drop. What are the hours like though? What college/part of China do you spend the erasmus year in? Is there a lot of maths in the first two years? And then what are the majors like? Is Marketing a good major? I wouldn't really like to have a major which was really mathematically demanding. I'm good at Maths just I wouldnt like doing it all the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 **simone**

I have Journalism in DCU down too, and a friend of mine is doing it at the moment. Supposed to be the best Journalism course in Dublin

Yeah i hope i get in now.. i have english in UCD down first but i think i'd rather DCU. I know i'll love journalism in DCU but dunno about English..

Do you not think the journalism seems pretty limited in career choices??? Its a pretty narrow course like?? Thats why i was thinking english because i'll have a pretty useful degree behind me and then go on to do journalism after or something??

HELP!!??:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Can anyone tell me about Commerce (Business With Chinese Studies) in UCD? It was 455 last year but I suppose thatll drop. What are the hours like though? What college/part of China do you spend the erasmus year in? Is there a lot of maths in the first two years? And then what are the majors like? Is Marketing a good major? I wouldn't really like to have a major which was really mathematically demanding. I'm good at Maths just I wouldnt like doing it all the time
    Im after putting that down on my CAO, but why do you suppose it'll drop, I hope your right.

Ive commerice with chinese in UCC down 1st though which is only 405.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 jeveuxtevoir

Anyone know anything about Architecture in DIT or UCD?
    Whats the process for admission into DIT after the interview?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Casper89

no-one thinking of the BA connect programmes in NUIG?!

Creative writing?????????

• Registered Users Posts: 9 TheBestKm

Hi...

My 1st choice is Social Work in Trinity but i know i'm not going to get the points so i'm wondering is anyone planning on doing Social Science in UCD (my 2nd choice)....I'm still not sure about it and just wondering is anyone doing it with plans of becoming a social worker after college..

Any info will be appreciated....:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭conormurphy

Can anyone tell me what European Business (International Business with Transatlantic Studies) at DCU is like? It seems like a good course, the thought of two bachelors degrees appeals to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭leavo08

I hoped to study law, but as I wont get the points in Dublin I have BESS as second choice and hope to do law afterwards..the downside is, I know maths is a module and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the level of maths is very high? I did ordinary level maths, which i can't stand, and think I will get a low B. And could anyone tell me is BESS a suitable course to study law after or is there anything else that would be a better preparation??I'm kind of panicing now only a few more days to choose! Thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jenfiction

Hey leavo08,
    There is a good bit of maths in BESS. I did ordinary level for the leaving and I though the maths was pretty tough but not impossible. If you work hard at it, you'll do ok because it's manageable. Everyone who did higher level maths for their leaving cert thought it was absolutley fine but there's no avoiding it. You're marked on maths attendance too so you can look at that as good or bad...
    There's loads of maths in economics too. I don't know if you did economics before- I hadn't and I found it really, really boring.

On the upside if you're looking to do law, you can start a law module straight away in first year. I have to say, it's a really excellent class with a really entertaining lecturer. I personally thought it was the best part of BESS. The class is desgined specifically for people NOT studying law though but it'd give you the general jist of law and the workload is pretty light. There's only two lectures a week in first year though so if I was you, i'd look for something else more directed at law. Four years is a long time to wait to have to start another degree!

Hope this helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭leavo08

Thanks so much! I really needed someone to explain that! It makes it much easier, and I didnt do economics for Leaving Cert so I hadn't realised it had a strong maths element...
    Do you know anything about the business studies course in Trinity, do you think I would be better to do it as a base for law than BESS, or should I consider another college? Decisions!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jenfiction

I might be wrong but I think if you do pure business in Trinity instead of BESS, you have to take a language aswell. I'm not sure if you get that law module option but a lot of the classes cross over so I'd say so.
    Have you considered the new law courses starting in Maynooth this year? Law and business and law and arts? They sound like great courses and the points probably won't be as high as Trinity!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭xXx-Ginny-xXx

any1 no anything about biological and biomedical science in maynooth pleeeeeeaaaaaaaaaasssssssse!!! my time is runnin out:(

or science ed in ul or maynooth :D

tanx greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

anyone looking to do contempory culture and social science in DCU. code is DC238 ?! Anyone ???!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 flint_72

IM thinking of doing Theoritical Physics if any1 can tell me much about it. is any1 else in the country wanying to do it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dets

hey
    i really wan 2 do pharmacy, iv applied to english colleges jus in case and i am thinkin of puttin the royal college of surgeons down on the cao too, it's a lot of money to ask my parents to pay so if anyone is doin the course in royal college of surgeons i would love some feedback or even from those in trinity and ucc, hopefully thats wer i'l end up, fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

dets wrote: »
    hey
    i really wan 2 do pharmacy, iv applied to english colleges jus in case and i am thinkin of puttin the royal college of surgeons down on the cao too, it's a lot of money to ask my parents to pay so if anyone is doin the course in royal college of surgeons i would love some feedback or even from those in trinity and ucc, hopefully thats wer i'l end up, fingers crossed!

I'm 99.99% sure that RCSI is included in the free fees scheme so it shouldn't cost any more to do the course there than in either TCD or UCC. Put it on that CAO form quick!

Advertisement