Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sean Kelly Tour 2014 - no ticket requests - post #38 - see thread in Cycling adverts

• 09-03-2014 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭

The registration for the Sean Kelly tour in August opened this weekend. Just signed up myself. Is there no jersey this year or did I miss it when I was registering.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

The registration for the Sean Kelly tour in August opened this weekend. Just signed up myself. Is there no jersey this year or did I miss it when I was registering.

http://www.theseankellytour.com/faq/

"What does my entry fee include?
    Your cycle entry pack includes; your acknowledgement/receipt, sponsorship information and route maps. On the day you will receive a souvenir Jersey and refreshments en route and at the finish along with cycle support services-not forgetting a safely, well marshalled route with over 400 volunteers giving of their time freely so that over 5000 cyclists can enjoy their day pedalling around County Waterford."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

Ya ive signed up yesterday. Well looking forward to it. :) What is this about getting a jersey when you sign up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

mollybird wrote: »
    What is this about getting a jersey when you sign up?

You get a jersey when you sign up . . believe it or not !!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Any snaps of the jersey yet?
    Always an eye catcher.........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,176 ✭✭✭Junior

It's to be based off the PDM Jersey of old ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭New2bike

Just got notification the Heritage route 100k is sold out

B986D77A-D7EC-40D8-A037-6B1E25BE1075_zpslj8n4ink.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭sillybilly

Oh boo. Does anyone know of any other 100km cycles on that weekend, thanks

Ah balls as I am not on FB Ive missed entry to the 160km comeragh challenge........
    Anyone have a spare registration or 3......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Ah balls as I am not on FB Ive missed entry to the 160km comeragh challenge........

http://carrickwheelers.com/?p=3064

Do this instead, does Ticincor, hard part of Nire climb, Mahon falls and seskin plus a few more.

Harder route, but very well run and nice club

ford2600 wrote: »

Do this instead, does Ticincor, hard part of Nire climb, Mahon falls and seskin plus a few more.

All Ireland quarter final on the 9th.......what to do.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

ford2600 wrote: »

Got a Strava or other route map? I've missed the SK registration also, but to be honest and event on August 10 would suit me better.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jmcmen

+1 on this too

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jimzy

If you've missed the SKT - as an alternative the Carrick Wheelers Sportive is fantastic - i did this last year and thought it was a great day on the bike. The route is stunning, with some lovely climbing and the numbers participating are small so no issues with groups bunching up on the climbs.

Full details here: http://carrickwheelers.com/?p=3064
    Here's a route map from last year: http://www.strava.com/activities/57733375

Alternatively the Tour de Kilkenny, next saturday 2nd August might be an option for you! (although I might be a bit biased there being involved there) ;) There are 110km and 160km route options with close to the same amount of climbing at the SKT / Carrick Sportive.

http://www.marblecitycyclers.com/tour-de-kk-routes/

• Registered Users Posts: 4 alicefen

Hi all,

If anyone has a spare registration for the 100K please PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

alicefen wrote: »
    If anyone has a spare registration for the 100K please PM.

Will keep you posted ... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057253437

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Have a look at the Sean Kelly Tour FB page - posted up there about people looking for entires for the 160

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭lismore7

Did I hear correctly that on the SKT 160, there a cut off time at a certain point on the route, that all cyclists must reach, otheriwse that's the end of thier day??

Afaik you need to hit the Mahon Falls before 3pm or they turn you straight for Dungarvan. It's been that way with a few years, and it's understandable why.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,239 ✭✭✭✭fits

Its all sold out. The 100 and 160 sold out on Sunday I think, everything else went yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭cornerboy

fits wrote: »
    Its all sold out. The 100 and 160 sold out on Sunday I think, everything else went yesterday.

Fair enough....I have my 100 entry anyway. Looking forward to it....all except Knockanore :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭marcofan

Here is the updated map for the carrick wheelers sportive

http://ie.mapometer.com/cycling/route_3904165.html

Wrong thread there Mr. Dempsey

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭marcofan

Junior wrote: »
    Wrong thread there Mr. Dempsey

I am only helping out those who cant get into the SKT!!!

cornerboy wrote: »
    Fair enough....I have my 100 entry anyway. Looking forward to it....all except Knockanore :eek:

is it bad? I see there are a couple of long or steep hills. Bit worried I will run out of gears!

marcofan wrote: »
    I am only helping out those who cant get into the SKT!!!

Just to follow up on this - guys the Iverk Bobby Power Spin is one of the best sportives around if you get the chance to ride it, do.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭cornerboy

is it bad? I see there are a couple of long or steep hills. Bit worried I will run out of gears!

Most of the route is OK. First 40Km is flat. There is one steep hill after the foodstop.....its a b**ch but short. After that there are a few long drags out of Ardmore and Ring but they are OK. Knockanore is the one but if all else fails you can walk.

Did the 100k last year. Yes, the climb shortly after the Knockanore food stop is a tester and I did see several people walking it as I went slowly by.
    Get into lowest gear early, take your time and just trundle your way up.
    After that there's nothing too scarey. There's a bit of a drag after the last water stop and another longer drag right near the end, that seems to catch out those with tired legs (so keep a bit in reserve for that 1).
    All in all, it's a lovely spin.
    Just be aware, that it all gets a bit mad at the start, as some of the faster lads do seem to kill themselves to get past the slower and less experienced while we are bunched up.
    I'm trying the 160k this year (god help me!)

Good luck in the 160! Yeah I had better practice the hills...

Good luck in the 160! Yeah I had better practice the hills...

Thanks.
    Depending on where you live, but if you were close, it's worth having a go at the knocknanore climb, so you'll have no surprises on the day.
    Caught me out last year, having only trained on long drags and not steep sharp climbs. I managed it.... but only just!
    Alot fitter this year and have been working hard on steep hill climbing for the 160

• Advertisement

10537749_753728978003877_6856764362193083504_n.jpg?oh=15f887fdf094ad65c65e4f326d0c9d25&oe=54413089

This years jersey.

Advertisement