Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A little help!

Options
  • 07-10-2013 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi can anyone help me with a few details?
    I'm writing a story and I just want to get
    my facts straight!

So.... as part of my happy ending my
    heroine comes across an old letter
    with information that an antiquity has been buried in an ancient family grave.
    I'm not quite sure how she is going to
    access it yet, but does she need to?

Can she just go to the National museum and reveal the old letter? Or must she dig it up herself (how, I don't know!) in order to be eligible for a reward?!

Thanks in advance, I had a bit of a google alright, but short of emailing the National museum I couldn't find the
    relevant information!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I imagine it might be a police matter. Grave-robbing is generally frowned upon.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

This may help, maybe youve already sourced it.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

Happy ending? Maybe you mean twist. If it's an antiquity it could very well belong to the State by right, since the law of treasure trove doesn't work the same way in Ireland as it does in the UK. She could end up fined or in jail for her Indiana Jones-esque escapades!

:) Sorry... I know it doesn't really matter... it's just the first thing that popped into mind when I saw your post and I thought it was funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ria2011

Thanks everyone for your help! I got some advice over in the History forum that has helped me to decide how to move my story along. Obviously I can't have my heroine doing something illegal when the aim of her actions is to rescue the treasure for the State and for the resolution of her ancient family dynasty! I just wanted her to have a reward for her efforts, so I've figured out a way! Thanks a mil! :-)
    By the way, the folk over in the History forum were very nice and helpful! (if you ever need some technical advice yourselves!)

Advertisement