Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Upgrading My Current PC For BF3, Skyrim etc. Advice Needed

• 03-10-2011 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

As title suggests im looking to upgrade my current machine for playing new games coming out soon such as Battlefield 3. Hoping to play on max detail. Looking to buy new CPU, RAM, Motherboard, HDD and Graphics card .

Currently I have:
    Monitor: 22" Samsung 1680x1050 (will be buying a 24" 1080p monitor in coming months however)
    PSU: Corsair HX620 w
    HDD: WD 320GB and 500GB

Want to replace:
    Motherboard: Gigabyte P35C DS3R
    CPU: Intel Core2Duo E6600 2.4GHz
    RAM: Corsair 2GB 6400
    Graphics Card: XFX 8800gtx

Ive done a little bit of looking and I think ive already settled on getting a Intel Core i5-2500K CPU and some brand of Nvidia GTX 570 graphics card.

But im totally lost on what RAM, HDD and Motherboard to get. Would like to have 8GB of RAM and maybe a 1TB+ HDD.

Max Budget would be 700euro including delivery.

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Advertisement