Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Argos Omni Park 40% off TVs

• 17-01-2010 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Argos are now giving 40% off Ex-Display TVs , still a few left today!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

It was only 30% yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 greendevil8

Yeah thats right it was 30% but they have dropped it to 40% from today in order to clear stocks ahead of their new spring/summer catalogue out the end of this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Wasn't there a thread on this last year that basically said, they are on for 12 hours + a day for about a year, you're better off getting a new one...?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Wasn't there a thread on this last year that basically said, they are on for 12 hours + a day for about a year, you're better off getting a new one...?

Yes, and they are correct. IMO you would be a fool to purchase a display TV from Argos when they are on all day every day.

Anyway, their TV's are more expensive to start with so 40% ain't 40%.

Do you have some connection with Argos? Or do you just like them a lot?

30% off Argos TV's thread (yesterday)
    Argos in Omni Park are giving 30% off their display TVs , it applies only to the ex-display models , some great TVs going from hitachi to sony, I got a great deal on one last time they did this. It only started today so I'd say they'l be gone by the weekend as theres only about 10 TVs in the deal, worth checking out if your looking for a TV.

Argos Returns Policy thread:
    Are you in Dublin? , I might be able to help, whats the catalogue number of the chair?

July 2009 Argos TV's thread:
    I dont know it could be ,they are selling off the display TVs as theres a new catalogue out next week so their stock changes, worth ringing your local store and finding out, They had around 15 TVs left in santry tonight anyway, im sure they'll be gone by the weekend I was enquiring about one in particular I think I'll go back up at 9 and get it, thought I,d do a bit of internet research on the brand first.

Interview for Argos thread:
    Hey, did they invite you for an interview or for a recruitment event/evening? If they actually said interview then you can expect a standard interview. which argos?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Yes, and they are correct. IMO you would be a fool to purchase a display TV from Argos when they are on all day every day.

Anyway, their TV's are more expensive to start with so 40% ain't 40%.

Do you have some connection with Argos? Or do you just like them a lot?

30% off Argos TV's thread (yesterday)

Argos Returns Policy thread:

July 2009 Argos TV's thread:

Interview for Argos thread:

no need for that - leave the kid alone, he's not shilling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

no need for that - leave the kid alone, he's not shilling

Sorry, I don't know if

1) It's a kid
    2) It's a He
    3) If the person is shilling or not

I asked a perfectly legitimate question given that the poster has posted threads about Argos in Bargain Alerts more than once, coupled with various other threads which suggest an association with Argos.

These questions are regularly raised by other posters regularly on Bargain Alerts as, believe it or not, some people try to post bargains to boost products they have an association with.

If you know the poster personally and want to vouch for him/her and their lack of connection with Argos then fair enough.

But I should not have to accept you telling me "No need for that, leave the kid alone" - which suggests I am involved in some sort of attack.

Otherwise let the OP come back and answer for themselves.

Actually their post earlier in this same thread:
    Yeah thats right it was 30% but they have dropped it to 40% from today in order to clear stocks ahead of their new spring/summer catalogue out the end of this week.

Suggests as well that they do indeed have a connection with Argos. This, as far as I know, is against the rules.

Advertisement