Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Computer Parts Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 eneko

I bought most of the parts for my new computer from them, delivery time was good and the service was excelent, I talk to theme few times and they were very helpfull. Couple of items I ordered werent on stock but they offered me to swap with more expensive ones, I happily did for one of the items but i decided to wait for the other one until they had it on stock, this item came a week later than the rest of the order. I definitly recomed this shop

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dmcm_90

bought a corsair 750d case from them a while back and i had no issues with them. im also looking at doing a new upgrade soon from them total from them is 425 with free deliver and i also checked mindfactory.de and they want 428 including a shipping charge of 30

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Akeo wrote: »
    I recently purchased an Intel NUC from them (D54250WYK - pretty happy with that unit! :)), using bank transfer, and had no issue.
    Shipping was surprisingly fast too and originated from Dublin using a courier, even as I picked the "free delivery" option.

This was my second time using their services, and they seem to be doing a decent job in my book. As with any reseller, they may have issues getting stock though, and I ultimately had to cancel my very first order with them, which was for a bunch of Seagate HDDs, as they had a supply issue. But when that happened I had no problem getting in touch with their customer service, and they regularly called back to provide status updates. When I eventually cancelled that order, because it was just taking too long, I also had no issue getting a full refund.

As far as I'm concerned, I'll have no trouble shopping with them again. But of course that's just my personal experience on a couple of orders.

Two users with 0 post count and newly created accounts saying no issues with this.......... Seems legit!! :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

and both newbies use the letters e, k, o in the name

:rolleyes::) kowyncydence?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Anyone use these guys recently?

• Advertisement

Has anybody heard of this company before

http://www.ithotdeals.ie/

They seems to be based in Monaghan and really cheap. But when i ring the number i appear to be getting through to some confused Indian woman ?????

Are they legit ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Haven't heard of them before. Accessed the site and checked out their laptop selection. Not so hot and quote run of the mill selection.
    also free delivery - the sting here is you must spend over 1000€.
    Nah think I' ll give them a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Search function doesn't work and looks like the site was designed by someone with poor english. Neither of these things fill me with confidence.

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    Haven't heard of them before. Accessed the site and checked out their laptop selection. Not so hot and quote run of the mill selection.
    also free delivery - the sting here is you must spend over 1000€.
    Nah think I' ll give them a miss.

its this HP laptop that im looking at for €214, good value if true. Just not sure if the company is legit or not ?

http://www.ithotdeals.ie/hp-255-g3-quad-core-laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Most of their info pages like delivery etc... have no information either. I would steer well clear of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 PASSION8MAN

i BOUGHT ALL MY STUFF FOR MY BUILD FROM CPI

Had a problem with the motherboard sent it back I didnt get a replacement board for 5 months
    if I bought it in a shop like maplins they would have replaced it immediately

prices are good there but woe betide you if you have a problem with something you buy there

I wont be buying from them again

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dmcm_90

Don't a bank trafser for 3 parts. Got one part to day and I'm just waiting on 2 more

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ladsas

I bought 55" tv for €1250 on friday from them. Today is tuesday and my order status still "Awaiting Fulfillment" whatever that means.
    I choose free shipping, maybe that takes a bit longer.
    I don't know, will see what happens...

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭eggerb

Ladsas wrote: »
    I bought 55" tv for €1250 on friday from them. Today is tuesday and my order status still "Awaiting Fulfillment" whatever that means.
    I choose free shipping, maybe that takes a bit longer.
    I don't know, will see what happens...

Ask them what it means. Also ask them when you can expect delivery.

Shipping & Transport
    Department for : Order Tracking Info | Report Delivery Problems
    Email : shipping@computerpartsireland.com

http://www.computerpartsireland.com/pages/Contact-us.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gullibles travels

I ordered a 48" curved Samsung4k tv last November 2015.
    I had to pay directly from my bank as they no longer accept credit cards .
    The tv arrived on time on the 1/11/15. I found it very difficult to tune in and put it down to my own inexperience .However after a couple of weeks I phoned c p I .and could not get satisfaction .Upon contacting Samsung I discovered that the model I had did not work in Ireland and was a model designed for the Nederlands.
    I have waste whole days trying to sort this out with C P I. THE FINAL straw was today after waiting all morning for UPC. To collect it for a refund,they refused because there was no box.I received the wrong TN on the 1/11/15 it is now 28/1/16 .It is nearly impossible to contact the company concerned .
    I am mad that I ever dealt with this totally useless company.

Gulliverstravels.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Akeo

davo2001 wrote: »
    Two users with 0 post count and newly created accounts saying no issues with this.......... Seems legit!! :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

Except for the fact that some people only post occasionally here because they are busy with other stuff (See: rufus.akeo.ie which is where my 'Akeo' name comes from). Oh, and if you are still doubtful, you'll see me mention the NUC I purchased here: github.com/pbatard/uefi-ntfs/issues/3#issuecomment-174757643

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Except for the fact that some people only post occasionally here because they are busy with other stuff (See: rufus.akeo.ie which is where my 'Akeo' name comes from). Oh, and if you are still doubtful, you'll see me mention the NUC I purchased here: github.com/pbatard/uefi-ntfs/issues/3#issuecomment-174757643

The overwhelming feedback from multiple posters about this company is negative, coupled with the fact that they cannot accept credit card details speaks volumes.

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Akeo

davo2001 wrote: »
    Get back in your box troll.

You do realize that, by insulting people, you're not really inviting much of anybody to rally to your opinion.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Mod Note: If you have an issue with a post, or you believe it requires moderator attention report it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

If you are one of the devs of Rufus, all I can say is THANK YOU :) One of the best bits of s/w I have in my kit.

If you were near, I'd buy you a pint

• Advertisement
Advertisement