Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

40 pints for €80?

• 15-01-2010 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭

Not sure how much of a bargain this really is. I guess it depends on how much value you put on your time, but they've free delivery and a free extra 20 pints included at the mo -

http://www.ibrew.ie/ibrew_kits.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

not a great price imo. You can get most beers cheaper than that in offie or even order a keg of your favorite beer for a similar price from several companies online. That stuff could be foul for all we know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

. That stuff could be foul for all we know.

Thats true, it could be. Could just as equally be very good. I'm afraid I have no experience either way to judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭mel123

not a great price imo. You can get most beers cheaper than that in offie or even order a keg of your favorite beer for a similar price from several companies online. That stuff could be foul for all we know.

Ron can you share a few of these online companies please? having a house party so i am interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

mel123 wrote: »
    Ron can you share a few of these online companies please? having a house party so i am interested.

Google "keg " and " Hire" on google.ie theres several there. Cant recomend any myself but know of people using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You can get 40 pints of paulaner for €80 in dicey reilys on a wednesday. I would sooner order them and pour them in a keg and go home, then add a little sugar to refizz them up! It already has yeast in it, not sure if it is still active though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Ontap.ie cover Cork and Limerick -lovely stuff. If you want a discount, drop me a pm. (I don't work for them but another site I post on offers a discount to members).

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭fergm

Messrsmaguires in Dublin I think still do keg hire for their own beers and its really cheap.
    was 360 Euro's for 3 kegs(88 pints) including delivery and taps and coolers etc when I used them 2 years ago. Beers were nice enough too
    http://www.messrsmaguire.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭alantc

I did it a while ago:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055694858

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

In my opinion, 40 pints for €80 is obviously €2 a pint?
    Lidl selling 6 x pint bottles (well 500ml) of Perlenbacher (very very nice German pils) for 4.99 although this may have gone back up to €6 odd.
    so get 6 0r 7 6 packs that will give you 36 or 42 pints for 30 or 42 euro if they are still at the 4.99 price.
    You know what your getting here, and apparently the Germans are cracking uo that this stuff sells so cheaply over here, as they have to pay over €2 a bottle in Germany, and its one of their most popular beers! And the Germans know a thing or two about beers I think!

Been looking on Lidls website, cant find said beer so dont know if its still on special or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Gucky wrote: »
    You know what your getting here, and apparently the Germans are cracking uo that this stuff sells so cheaply over here, as they have to pay over €2 a bottle in Germany, and its one of their most popular beers! And the Germans know a thing or two about beers I think!
    The other way around, a lad claimed it is €2 for a 6 pack in germany.
    KTRIC wrote: »
    The same stuff is 1.99 for 6 bottles here in Germany. I love it , even compared to the big brand labels.

Dunno if that is true, I was in lidl in germany a year or 2 ago and got some nice cheap beer, not that cheap though, but invariably cheaper than here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

add in a refill at ~€20 and you have 80 pints for €100
    and then 120 pints for €120.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

rubadub wrote: »
    The other way around, a lad claimed it is €2 for a 6 pack in germany.

Dunno if that is true, I was in lidl in germany a year or 2 ago and got some nice cheap beer, not that cheap though, but invariably cheaper than here.

Aha!
    I read that completely wrong so.....
    The old brain reads what it wants to read, let's be honest here, €2 fir a 6pack of top quality German pils is unimaginable in Ireland!

Germany for holidays next year so!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

your taking the risk that its piss the first time but if its not it becomes good value very quickly with the refills

also a keg and a tap is way more than 80euro

i might give it a try if some of the lads chip in

will let you know how i get on if i do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Not really a brewing kit though, as they are giving you the Wort.
    All you are doing is fermenting it.

all you are doing is fermenting it. Good for getting what they are providing you but not if you want to experiment with flavours.

Advertisement