Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

What are the advantages of the 100hz PCB? What do you get from the higher refresh rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

What are the advantages of the 100hz PCB? What do you get from the higher refresh rate?

You'll be able to experience the higher frames per second in your games. Depending on of course, that your GPU can achieve the higher fps!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

My monitor arrived! its huge. 27" is really big. didn't come in bubble wrap or an extra box, so I was a bit worried that it might be damaged, but its perfect. no dead pixels, stuck pixels or any bleed whatsoever, but ill double verify the bleed later, I'm not sure as its too bright to tell, ill have to wait till night time darkness.

the stand is cheap, no doubt about it, but its perfectly fine. no tilt as some users reported.

its my first IPS screen, so I've nothing to compare it to, but it really is stunning. the picture is so crisp.

played a short round of BF3 (64player operation Firestorm) just to get an idea of fps on a 6970CF (12.2drivers) setup till I put my PC back together, and keeping everything on ultra but dropping down to 2xMSAA gives me a solid 65-80fps, and doesn't drop below 60 even with tanks blowing up around me. to say I'm happy with that is an understatement. the game also looks fantastic.

ran the F1 2011 benchmark with everything ultra and the picture is just spectacular. the colours come alive. average framerate was 74, and minimum was 62fps so the graphics cards are really shining.

I've never seen black and white look so good, and I'm very pedantic about movie quality. and the viewing angles. just wow.

I didn't pay customs, but the box had been opened and resealed with FedEX tape. the invoice was made out for $150. a sticker on the side said it went through 'chemical examinations' apparently?

I ordered Sunday 11pm or something, it was dispatched on the 26th March, and it traveled through Korea, China, kazakstan, Germany, France, cork, Shannon then to my door in 5 days. that's unbelievable.

NTMK spent 20min on it, and says he's definitely buying one :D

its a 2C model, so I haven't bothered trying to overclock it.

@VenomIreland
    a 60hz monitor can only display 60fps. if you shot that to 100hz, it'll display 100fps (if your graphics card can handle it), so its apparently a much smoother gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Just bought mine, damn you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So how much all in all it end up? In euros.

You got it of eBay?

• Advertisement

€270 from dream-seller. May still end up paying customs, I dunno, The monitor itself is only ~€180 of that.

At €270 a piece, I might be convinced to go with an Eyefinity/nVidia Surround set-up sometime in the future. Would be amazing but with my current GPU set-up, imposible (only 2 ports capable of >1080p), so I think I'll wait until GK110.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭peneau

Sh1te just noticed from Dream-Sellers page on ebay that the amd 5970 can't output to this monitor that's my purchase scuppered. :mad:

peneau wrote: »
    Sh1te just noticed from Dream-Sellers page on ebay that the amd 5970 can't output to this monitor that's my purchase scuppered. :mad:
    What is the reason it won't work?

How are the response times? Ghosting? Any other problems associated with games?

• Advertisement

Well I hope you're going to tell me I've go the wrong end of the stick. On Dream-Sellers page it gives a list of NVidia and Amd cards that can or cannot be output to and my HD5970 is listed as one of the cannot's

(http://www.ebay.com/itm/CATLEAP-Q270-LED-2560X1440-WQHD-27-DVI-D-Dual-Computer-Monitor-Built-in-speaker-/220980530784?pt=AU_comp_monitor&hash=item3373774e60#ht_10002wt_1165

peneau wrote: »
    Well I hope you're going to tell me I've go the wrong end of the stick. On Dream-Sellers page it gives a list of NVidia and Amd cards that can or cannot be output to and my HD5970 is listed as one of the cannot's

(http://www.ebay.com/itm/CATLEAP-Q270-LED-2560X1440-WQHD-27-DVI-D-Dual-Computer-Monitor-Built-in-speaker-/220980530784?pt=AU_comp_monitor&hash=item3373774e60#ht_10002wt_1165
    I'd try contacting him and asking, I can't really think of why a card capable of running at higher than 2560x1440 wouldn't work with this monitor.

I'd try contacting him and asking, I can't really think of why a card capable of running at higher than 2560x1440 wouldn't work with this monitor.

Just done that. I was wondering why also, currently, temporarily have the pc hooked up to a 50'' TV and it works fine then I guess that's only 1080

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

5970 can do max res. 2560x1600-AMD spec

Pretty sure you will be able run @ 2560 x 1440.

glynf wrote: »
    5970 can do max res. 2560x1600-AMD spec

Pretty sure you will be able run @ 2560 x 1440.

Thanks for that glynf. Dream-Seller off 'til Monday got a reply to my email saying they'll contact me with an answer to my query then, so we'll see if they know something we don't

There's a thread here on same, looks like you'll need 2 GB max or else no AA though.

glynf wrote: »
    There's a thread here on same, looks like you'll need 2 GB max or else no AA though.

why on earth would you want AA on 1440p?! :eek:

How low can you run BF3? Does it have picmip settings?

why on earth would you want AA on 1440p?! :eek:

Good point:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

F1 and BF3 on this monitor
    1282786204310.jpg

I may need to "test" this monitor for a while longer > . >

• Advertisement

NTMK wrote: »
    F1 and BF3 on this monitor
    1282786204310.jpg

I may need to "test" this monitor for a while longer > . >

any problems with input lag etc? any problems with gaming in general?

i missed it, but does it have hdmi?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

I need to buy this monitor! As ShadowHearth said, what is gaming like on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

any problems with input lag etc? any problems with gaming in general?

i missed it, but does it have hdmi?

Havent experienced any input lag no problems at all gaming is great on it. stand is a little high but then again my desk is a kitchen table and i sit in an arm chair
    colours are vivid and lines are sharp. great monitor

Nope only dvi

Only dvi? That's weird. Cheers bud.

Anyway, looks awesome and cheers for being an experimental rat for us tea_bag ;).

I could afford to buy one now, but no point as my gpu will just poop it self and die in a pool of piss. :(
    Will you be able to set it to 1080p and check how it performs with non native resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Retrovertigo

So very tempted to buy one myself now but do you reckon my 460GTX would be meaty enough to get a decent fps in games?

So very tempted to buy one myself now but do you reckon my 460GTX would be meaty enough to get a decent fps in games?

I domt even dare go near it with gtx 570 m8. :(

It will play m8, but settings will have to I waaaaaay down :(

Just realized I can watch four 720P streams at once on one of these :D

Brian wrote: »
    Just realized I can watch four 720P streams at once on one of these :D

Show off :D

Pff, mine is still in Korea and I won't even be able to game properly on it until ... September / October? Busy with exams until May and then moving back to family home in the country with ****e wireless internet :| have to get a job and move back out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Retrovertigo

I domt even dare go near it with gtx 570 m8. :(

It will play m8, but settings will have to I waaaaaay down :(

Ah, booooo. Be way too expensive to by it and a new gfx card. :(

Advertisement