Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Google API

• 14-10-2003 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭

has anyone experience using the google api? I have an appliaction which searchs for me and returns the first 10 results into an xls file for me, but I want the 1st 500 results, I know its a case of changing the start index but all the examples I've found use perl and VB(I'm using Java). Can't get at the documentation either, something to do with the settings here in college...

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

It's been a while since I have done anything with the Google API, but as far as I can remember there was a limit to the number of results that you could return per query.

I think that limit was 10 - but by paging through the results you could go up to something like 1000.

I know with a basic google quesry you can only return 100 results per page (add &num=300 to the query string and you will see that it doesnt go more than 100) - so your limit will definitely be no more than 100.

I reckon yer best bet is to write something that will loop through the results.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

yeah cheers, the only thing is I'm looking at some fairly seriuos amount of trawling for this project and I'll be blocked very quicklyby them. I'm going to iterate? through repeating the search 50 times setting the gs.setStartresult() to increase every time. Thats the way to do it by all accounts...

Advertisement