Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Suit Alteration in Dublin

• 03-05-2014 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭

Ahoy, hoy, gents,

I have a wedding to go to in two weeks and need to have a suit of mine altered to fit better (get the trousers taken up, bring the sleeves up a little too) could anyone recommend somewhere in Dublin to get this done, please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Tonnes of places, where in Dublin are you?

I've used Des Byrne's on Grafton St. and The Alterations Centre on South Anne St. I'd recommend both.

I've also used The ZipYard in Ranelagh which were a bit pricey but happy with their work.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭David900

Anyone know what you'd be expected to pay in any of the above places for suit alterations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

David900 wrote: »
    Anyone know what you'd be expected to pay in any of the above places for suit alterations?

20-25 sleeves shortened
    10-20 trouser length adjusted
    15-20 trouser seat in/out
    15-20 trouser leg tapered
    10-20 jacket waist taken in

That's a rough guide based off my experience.

I buy the majority of my stuff off the rack so most of the time I need the sleeves shortened and trouser leg tapered, which adds 35-45 to the cost of the suit.
    It's a good tip actually if you care about getting the best fit from non-bespoke/MTM clothing that you set aside a portion of the cost for tailoring each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Used these guys once. They were very professional and quick.

http://dundrumalterations.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Woman called jean on Aston quay in temple bar dry cleaners. She is amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

Cheers for the replies, folks!

I'm living in the city, so I'll probably be looking for somewhere around town.

Advertisement