Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How many songs to play at EP Launch?

Options
  • 15-03-2012 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi - I have recently completed recording my debut EP of 4 tracks, and it is currently away been mastered/duplicated, etc..
    I am doing 3 launches/gigs in a week running late april into early may and I am wondering, because I never released any material before, How many songs should I play??

I have in mind 12, but is that too much, or can I not go wrong playing the 12 or so songs.. I hope to play the 4 obviously, another 5 originals and 3 covers spruced up and changed in places.
    Is it okay to play covers at YOUR EP launch??
    Anything else, throw it in. I'm listening!

Any answers would be greatly appreciated guys & dolls.

regards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Kois

Yeah it's totally cool to throw covers in!

An EP launch is your night, so it's only right you can have a bit of self-indulgence and do a decently long set.
    I think it's a lot better on the crowd's side of things that you don't hit 60 minutes or a bit over - I actually saw a band do an hour and a half for their EP launch, turned out very VERY boring.
    Although, it all depends on the length of each song and don't forget the amount of time you'll banter with the crowd during songs too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭salfordlad

Hi Kois, Thank you for the valid information.
    Regards.

Advertisement