Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2008 is GO!!!

• 03-12-2008 8:23pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ok, updated anything that needed it and we are all set to go!!

This is the official launch of the Santa Strike Force which as most of you know is a charity thing we do here every year where people donate money to a paypal account of mine and I spend it on educational and entertainment stuff for kids, then the week before xmas we arrive on various kids charity's doorsteps (without them knowing we are coming) and donate the stuff to the charity (not the individual kids, we want the charity to have the stuff long term).

So, we are go and if you want to show support you can use the [ssf] tag (like any other tag, it needs [./ssf] to close it but without the fullstop).

Expect to see a few more things about SSF here soon and please please donate any money you can!

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The button seems to be brokey. I get the message below when the button is clicked. :/
    Boards.ie Message
    You did not select any posts to which the action you picked can be applied.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Arse, I'll look into it now...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Just doing my bit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

is there an ad or something that people can stick on their blogs?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Glad to support this again DeV. :) ,donation sent.

Feel free to copy my sig anyone (BB code below), the pic links to the first post in this thread.

[noparse]
    475CA068CE1F4009B7EB8664E700F2B0-160.jpg [ssf].[/ssf]

[/noparse]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Donation sent. Fair play, folks.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i sent my money for the "snyper for mod" fund

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

As always Tom, let me know what, if anything, you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

If any help is needed in Waterford or the surrounding areas I'd be more than happy to pitch in.

I'm getting my holidays next Thursday, three days earlier than planned, so have quite a bit of availability.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll be sorting out a few things next week ... its going to be a busy week....

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

When do donations need to be in to be of use this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I was notified of this great cause through the airsoft forum. We are having a night out Sunday and for every pint we buy we are throwing money into a collection.

But I today was confronted by a mother looking to throw out alot of my football jerseys. I dont know if its appropriate, or wanted, but most of them in good nick, and im sure there would be some young lads who wouldnt mind some footie jerseys.

I've about 5-10 and if its something of interest, let me know where to send them and i will.

Just so you know http://santastrikeforce.com/ doesn't refer you to www.santastrikeforce.com/.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I read somewhere else Dev saying that second hand items can be awkward, although well intentioned. Maybe if someone clevererer than me could make a sig to refer users to Adverts.ie where the second hand goods could be sold and the money donated to SSF, it might add a few bob?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Anyone else SSF sig broken :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Mine was too, I've temporarily removed it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

/checks

yep, broke.

A lot of bb tags seem to be down though, I'm sure it'll be sorted shortly.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Reported Overheal has raised the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

I'm running the annual card game in the place i work on Sunday night.

Every year we pick a charity to donate the proceeds to. This year i proposed SSF, and everyone agreed worthy cause. Will log on Sunday night and record the sum raised. All going well I will lodge the money Monday. Should be a nice few €€ raised on the night.

Thats terrific themadchef. Monday might be a little late for xmas but to be absolutely honest, a lot of the places we help close over xmas to let the kids be with their parents (like Barretstown) so the reality is that money trickles in and out until Feb.
    I'll try and trace your cash through so you will know exactly where it went.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

The sum of money raised tonight for SSF in the raffle and card game came to a total of €480

Cold hard cash will be deposited tomorrow.

Every little helps, and though obviously people were not familiar with the charity they supported it very well. Blind faith ;).

EDIT: Sum raised when re counted for banking was €480..not €380. duh, pity i don't work for the government :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

First round of shopping was done this evening. Targets to be hit tomorrow with the results are RehabCare and Debra Ireland.

DeV took lots of pictures, maybe this he'll remember to post them ;)

and last years at the same time! :)

Birds in the air but toys and money are *still* coming in amazingly!

I'll write up a report of how things are going tonight.

DeV.

Advertisement