Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rosanna Davison denies mini marathon cheat claims

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

wow ispca threw her under a bus

theres small chance that anyone associtaed with the ispca ran it in 43m

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kwon

We're also supposed to believe Jedward ran the LA marathon on a last minute whim, after an all night flight. And because it was a spur of the moment decision they didn't get a chance to register and get timing chips. Yeah right!
    These celebs want us to believe that there is more to them than there is but they're just vacuous bimbos that can't even tell a good lie while they're at it.
    One of Rosanna's excuses for not having the correct number was that she was so busy with exams. Maybe she could consider getting someone else to sit the exams for her too. Coz I don't rate her intelligence :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭rKossi

squod wrote: »
    I'd still ride her.

.................................IN THE A$$

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Kwon wrote: »
    We're also supposed to believe Jedward ran the LA marathon on a last minute whim, after an all night flight. And because it was a spur of the moment decision they didn't get a chance to register and get timing chips. Yeah right!
    These celebs want us to believe that there is more to them than there is but they're just vacuous bimbos that can't even tell a good lie while they're at it.
    One of Rosanna's excuses for not having the correct number was that she was so busy with exams. Maybe she could consider getting someone else to sit the exams for her too. Coz I don't rate her intelligence :rolleyes:

Jedward running the LA marathon is more believable than Davison running a 43minute 10km. Not sure what time they did it in, but pretty sure they were not claiming to have run a 2:30'ish time. Perfectly possible for them to have made it round the course and they used to run competitively for a Dublin athletics club, forgotten which one.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭MarthaMyDear

You don't really need a race number to do the mini marathon but if you don't have one at the end then you don't get a medal or a recorded time. There's nobody checking thousands of women to see if they all have numbers, especially not in the joggers/walkers section. So if she wanted to join in and do the race then there wouldn't have been a problem, she just would have gotten no medal at the end.

So it really doesn't make sense that somebody would run back and give her a race number because then they would have none? She's talking like you can't get past the start line without one and if this was the case then how did Carmel go back over it! I did the mini marathon with my mam just for a bit of craic and the only time the numbers were checked were at the very end when they gave you a medal! She probably should have came up with a more believable story..anyway you could talk about the logistics and how they don't add up for ages but personally I think she cheated somehow because a good few things she says just don't make sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

She was doing a photo-shoot beforehand and borrowed a number. This stuff happens. Smart kid has offered to run the course once again for the ISPCA - now thats what I call doubling your money for a good cause.
    A good way to diffuse the situation would be to run it again and offer to donate a certain amount, say £1000 per every minute over the magical 43 minutes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    She was doing a photo-shoot beforehand and borrowed a number. This stuff happens. Smart kid has offered to run the course once again for the ISPCA - now thats what I call doubling your money for a good cause.
    A good way to diffuse the situation would be to run it again and offer to donate a certain amount, say £1000 per every minute over the magical 43 minutes.
    She wouldn't be looking as fresh faced at the end, that's for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

robinph wrote: »
    Jedward running the LA marathon is more believable than Davison running a 43minute 10km. Not sure what time they did it in, but pretty sure they were not claiming to have run a 2:30'ish time. Perfectly possible for them to have made it round the course and they used to run competitively for a Dublin athletics club, forgotten which one.
    Things are bad when you've less credibility than Jedward

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Great example of how not to do PR. This could all have been cleared up the day after with a clear explanation and maybe apology if necessary. Looks like it'll drag on for another while if she keeps changing her story.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I think this comment by someone on the ISPCA facebook page sums it up really:
    Name Censored for Boards: No one is questioning the great work the ISPCA do but you do realise that this is just another job for Rosanna, but for a lot of people who put their heart and soul into this and many other races its a lot more, furthermore what sort of message does it send when people defend this behaviour because of who she is. Rules should apply to everyone and exceptions should not be made because somebody hides behind a good cause, if she didn't want to run the race honestly then she should have just stood outside stephens green shopping centre with a bucket on the day and collected money for the charity, I think the point people are missing is that this was just a step too far for the ordinary person in the street who is tired of being told how they should tow the line and do things the right way while the people who dictate these rules are also the ones who break these rules

I think it was the Independent/Herald and another paper who defended her, solely on the basis that they..

A) Think they have some sad sort of chance of getting into her knickers.
    B) Think she's their friend.
    C) Want to stay in her "good books" so they can interview her at a later date, and get all the "goss in the socialites circles" (Very sad)
    D) All of the above.

When those rags depend on the majority of the public buying them for stupid stories about "celebrity" antics, as opposed to real news, then they have to keep in line, and defend their piggy banks. No matter how cowardly it makes them look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

Kwon wrote: »

Registered since 2009 and that's your first comment. You're REALLY annoyed !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

bc dub wrote: »
    Registered since 2009 and that's your first comment. You're REALLY annoyed !!

The counter prolly rolled over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

ISPCA now admit Rosanna Davison did not do the marathon in 43 minutes and don't know if she did the course . http://www.rte.ie/radio1/liveline/

last week on liveline they were adamant that she did it. yesterday the guy said he believed she did it. looks bad all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kat2171

I thought last week that this was just over the top and begrudgery but I did hear Joe Duffy and the guy from the ISPCA speak about it yesterday and I think Joe Duffy had a good point. He said that it was unfair to other charities who had ordinary women, women in wheel chairs, on crutches, elderly ... you name it they were there... No camera crew were waiting for them at the finish... and if there is a possibility that Rosanna didn't actually do the full 10K then the ISPCA were using her celebrity status falsely.
    I know to some people 10K is not that far but to some its a big challenge and it is being done for charities the length and breadth of the country.

More to come no doubt

kat2171 wrote: »
    I know to some people 10K is not that far but to some its a big challenge and it is being done for charities the length and breadth of the country.

10k isn't as far as a marathon, but that doesn't make it any easier a race. Granted you'll be suffering a bit more the day after a marathon than you would after a 10k, but it's still a big effort.

I can run a 10km easily faster than the 43minutes that Ms Davisons race number took. But if I were to do it slower it would still be obvious that I'd been for a run and covered in sweat even if I was to take nearer an hour to cover the distance. There is no way she could cover the distance at any speed greater than than walking pace and look the way she did at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭derb12

The sindo etc coming to her defence is hilarious. I hope this topic doesn't die a death for no other reason that for the sake of our "national numeracy".

It's depressing that such a large proportion of the population don't see a problem with this gem of logic: "Carmel was ahead of me so it clocked her start time and she ran back and gave me the number so it clocked my finish time, giving me a time of 43 minutes".

Too many people are ready to chip in with the dead-beat comments, begrudgery is alive and well, we're all just jealous and it's only a fun-run, etc etc but too lazy to engage their brain and do the maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Pupito

Jimoslimos wrote: »

Can we film someone running it in 43 minutes, shop Rosanna's head on her, knock up a hologram and make Rosanna race it, like when you'd try to beat your personal best in Mario Kart?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

In before the word begrudgery is mentioned for the 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000th time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

sorry, i know this is slightly off topic...

but was Rosanna Davison not supposed to have her baps out in Playboy by now? what happened there? i've googled it (to my pervy shame), but all i get is news articles from last year saying she'd confirmed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

"Rosanna Denies Sunbeds Allegation"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

sorry, i know this is slightly off topic...

but was Rosanna Davison not supposed to have her baps out in Playboy by now? what happened there? i've googled it (to my pervy shame), but all i get is news articles from last year saying she'd confirmed it.

Which one are you?

Allyall wrote: »

A) Think they have some sad sort of chance of getting into her knickers.
    B) Think she's their friend.
    C) Want to stay in her "good books" so they can interview her at a later date, and get all the "goss in the socialites circles" (Very sad)
    D) All of the above.

squod wrote: »
    Which one are you?

none of them. i simply want to see what she's like with her kit off - and i dont think a jury in the land could convict me for that!

(i haven't followed this thread so i could be missing a joke here though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Next year the women will wait near the finish line. Their husbands / boyfriends will start the race in drag, then drive to the finish, and hand the race numbers to their partners, who will then "do the marathon".
    Its a new event.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

none of them. i simply want to see what she's like with her kit off -

I'll go with a wild guess here, and I could be wrong.... but I'd imagine she has two breasts, a belly button and a vagina. sorry for ruining the suprise.

prinz wrote: »
    I'll go with a wild guess here, and I could be wrong.... but I'd imagine she has two breasts, a belly button and a vagina. sorry for ruining the suprise.

f'ucking spoilsport.

f'ucking gay spoilsport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

prinz wrote: »

I wouldn't be too sure

My big boobs are an optical illusion, Rosanna maintains:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

Cant say I really care, if she didn't do it make her go back and do it again by herself. Then she can say she did it and nobody cares again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

micropig wrote: »
    My big boobs are an optical illusion, Rosanna maintains:D

Seems like running the mini marathon was a bit of an optical illusion too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    The public in this country seems to have something against this girl. Begrudgery comes to mind. Who gives a flying **** how long it took her to complete a charity run. Pathetic.

You're the pathetic one.

• Advertisement

i'm starting to feel like this deserves it's own thread!

was her promising to release the baps only a cynical PR stunt? why the deafening silence from the media on this? where are the protests, the pople on the street, the primetime TV analysis.

#conspiracy

(well that or i'm just mad for unobtainable tits)

Advertisement