Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Micros 3700 server hardware

Options
  • 17-11-2014 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

does anyone know the recommended hardware specs to run Micros 3700 system

we got very limited info from the company we are purchasing micros from
    they only gave us the following

windows server 2008 r2
    32gb system partition (min)
    adobe reader
    .net 4.0
    java 6 update 27

which isn't much to go on

i have sent them an email asking but i may get a better/quicker response here

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭jamesd

I am just at the same task as yourself this week, I am doing up a hardware spec for 3700 too.

There is a hardware sizing guide from micros fidelo , I have requested it this morning so I will have it in a day or two from here as I have a good contact in there support office.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i got a response on another forum
    That's pretty basic. I'm not sure about needing Windows Server 2008 r2, you might be able to get by with Windows 2003 Standard or Enterprise with the latest Service Pack.

As for hard drive space it will depend on if you are going to have a single server or duel server (All in one Application/Database server -or- Application Server and separate Database server). If for the Single All in one server, you will need at least 60 gb (Win2k3) or 80 GB (Win2k8) for your system drive and another 100 GB to 500 GB for your application drive. So you will have a C (OS) and D (data) drive. The D drive will house your SQL. If you go with the two different servers, I would do your app server with 60 to 80 GB (C drive) and 80 GB (D drive) and the SQL one 60 to 80 GB (C drive) and 100 GB to 500 GB (D drive).

As for Ram and CPU and such, at minimum I would go with a QUAD core Processor with at least a 2.6 GHz (both servers if you choose to do the split App/DB servers). Ram, I would do at least 8GB if App and DB is on the same server, otherwise 4 to 6GB for the App server, and 6 to 8 GB for the DB server.

seems like a good site for this stuff

http://www.posforum.net/micros-pos-support/micros-3700-server-hardware/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭jamesd

Ive never seen Micros POS running on 2 servers - We have Opera with 2 servers which is the front of house package but we have always have micros just on 1 server.

He mentions sql which is micros alright, the server you spec'ed looks more than enough anyways and they love Raid 1 or Raid 10 for their products so should be fine.

If you do need the exact spec I'll have it tmor all going right from them, have you looked into virtualizing the micros server ?

Advertisement