Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General FPL Chat 2015/16

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭ Billy Alive Billiards

Are we expecting the the FF website to be running again in next few days?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

declan2693 wrote: »
    Are we expecting the the FF website to be running again in next few days?

I think so. The last few years its been a day or two either side of a month before the season starts. My guess is Monday or Tuesday give themselves time to give it one last look over make sure its good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Really looking forward to this season was a regular 1m+ plus finisher and had 2 solid seasons of progress 600k and 120k mostly due to this forum and using fantasy football scout and tracking Dinnery.

Last season went pear shaped fell back to 350k hope to break into top 50 k this year and I would be happy oh and promotion from league 1 !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

kilburn wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this season was a regular 1m+ plus finisher and had 2 solid seasons of progress 600k and 120k mostly due to this forum and using fantasy football scout and tracking Dinnery.

Last season went pear shaped fell back to 350k hope to break into top 50 k this year and I would be happy oh and promotion from league 1 !

Not saying we'll all do it and it's a great achievement for anyone to do it but I honestly think that all of us on this forum should set high targets for ourselves. I think you are probably well able for a top 10k finish with a little luck, that should be your target. Don't settle for 50k.

Make sensible plays and go with the crowd and you should be able to get top 50k most seasons aim for top 20k then you just need a touch of luck and you have a four digit rank. To get a decent rank you really just need to be very boring captain auguero/hazard and don't take hits then you can't go far wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Finished 5k myself last year after floating around 50-80k for 5 years. Anythings possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Ya I agree punty hits have been my vice

Ya I agree punty hits have been my vice

That is most peoples down fall. Too many transfers and trying to be too clever with the captaincy. It looks great when you captain Bolasie and he scores a brace away and Aguero blanks at home but you can't go ignore the vast majority of weeks when you just get lots of deuces while everyone else is reveling in another Aguero haul!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

You can now re-register for FPl on the site and last years stuff though still. What does that mean?

• Advertisement

You can now re-register for FPl on the site and last years stuff though still. What does that mean?

It means we're close. We're very very close.

jimmii wrote: »
    It means we're close. We're very very close.

God please be tomorrow :P

God please be tomorrow :P

Who knows could even be this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

The player list should update first and then the site open a few hours later

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

It'll be like a scene from Mad Max here when the site opens. Engines revving, charging across the desert shooting at each other, flames flying from Mr Prodston's guitar...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

It'll be like a scene from Mad Max here when the site opens. Engines revving, charging across the desert shooting at each other, flames flying from Mr Prodston's guitar...

What a lovely day! :cool:

vVBYRA0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

What a lovely day! :cool:

vVBYRA0.jpg

Is that your official FPL Launch outfit? You're taller than I'd have imagined.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

winter is coming

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

jimmii wrote: »
    Who knows could even be this evening.

Yes, re-registration is usually followed by the site itself being taken down and re-opening a few hours later, so if not tonight, then early tomorrow. Must pay more attention to the thread this year, browsed here and FFS and finished roughly 350k, so hopefully the tips here will see me halve that ranking!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

The player list should update first and then the site open a few hours later

so any transfers between prem clubs from now on amd the playrt will be at the price they come in at now ?
    could be a few interesting ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

FHFC wrote: »
    Is that your official FPL Launch outfit? You're taller than I'd have imagined.

:)

Super-impose Mickey T's head on it and i think we have it

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Near broke ky heart with it last year at times but looking forward to it this year. Hopefully I'll unearth a gem early on and set a flying pace. Must not let bias cloud my judgement this time

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'm gonna be away with limited internet access for most of August, will make the first month interesting!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I was going to pull back from this a bit this year but now I'm looking at a new job with a long bus commute so it appears it won't be happening!

If anything, I'll have extra time this year. That said, I am away just after it initially kicks off in August for ten days.

Yes, re-registration is usually followed by the site itself being taken down and re-opening a few hours later, so if not tonight, then early tomorrow. Must pay more attention to the thread this year, browsed here and FFS and finished roughly 350k, so hopefully the tips here will see me halve that ranking!

Don't settle for half! Listen to the advice here and make the sensible moves and you should be looking at a top 50k finish and a bit of luck you'll be putting that top 20k in danger. Doing well in FPL is mainly about being very boring. Never miss a deadline, never forget to change your captain to the most obvious pick and never take a hit for the craic and you'll be doing better than 98% of managers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

can't remember do we have to go through that re-registration phase or just log in as last season once it's up and running?

manual_man wrote: »
    can't remember do we have to go through that re-registration phase or just log in as last season once it's up and running?

Log in and it will take your through the reg process. That part of things is live now. It only leads you back to the page you got when you logged in before the maintenance but still. At least things are moving along!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Do you get a nice low ID number if you log in early or are they random?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Do you get a nice low ID number if you log in early or are they random?

In order of when you sign up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

spock. wrote: »
    In order of when you sign up.

Yeah I'm hoping to get a nice low number this year. It would please my geek self.....

Advertisement