Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 9 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Is Augero to Long a bit rash, still another international left so may hold off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

AdpRo wrote: »
    Is Augero to Long a bit rash, still another international left so may hold off.

Not at all, I'm going to triple captain him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

From a patriotic viewpoint it's going to have to be that waster Aguero out for Shane Long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Tempted to take a short term punt on Costa while Aguero is injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,193 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Aguero injured last night, hamstring. Confirmed out of Paraguay match, nothing said regards to Bournemouth game..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

My initial thought is Aguero to Ighalo and Westwood to De Bruyne for a hit, but I'm in no hurry for at least 5 days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Aguerrrrroooooo!!!!!

Y u do dis injure?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

hogey143 wrote: »
    Aguero injured last night, hamstring. Confirmed out of Paraguay match, nothing said regards to Bournemouth game..

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I've already -12'd!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Aguero & Pedro too Sanchez and a cf maybe, any suggestions

Myhill lingaard
    Evans Kolorov bellerin nyom Bertrand
    Payet mane puncheon Maherz Pedro
    Martial Aguero Vardy

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Aguero & Pedro too Sanchez and a cf maybe, any suggestions

Myhill lingaard
    Evans Kolorov bellerin nyom Bertrand
    Payet mane puncheon Maherz Pedro
    Martial Aguero Vardy

Pelle looks to be in good touch at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Pink Lemons

Aguero injured after I've already taken a -4 :( This is why I hate making early transfers during the break, had to be done for rises though!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'm very happy with my decision to hold off the early pride grabbing decision right now. Martial likely to stay after all. Bony may replace Pelle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    I'm very happy with my decision to hold off the early pride grabbing decision right now. Martial likely to stay after all. Bony may replace Pelle.

I was intending to go -4 so i allowed myself one early so i don't mind that. What i do mind slightly is that the player i got rid of is the one I'd probably be holding with Aguero injured - Yaya. City will get a penalty every game now. Always do when Aguero out of action. Coulda done a neater -4 of Aguero to someone and Westwood to Mane who i got for Yaya.

Thems the risk of the early transfers. Worked out well last international break.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Bony in as a straight swap looks like one of my 2 FTs atm.
    Worst case scenario is Kun out for next 4 GWs imo.
    Early days but plenty to consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

darmian gets a stay of execution now with the aguero news

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Ah Aguero, I'll never forget the 5 goal haul but I think its time to let you go until January!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

****! What a bad week to do early transfers. Already on -4! Aguero to Pelle will be what I'll do, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

i've taken a -12 so I'm gonna hold Aguero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

stephenl15 wrote: »
    i've taken a -12 so I'm gonna hold Aguero

I'm stupidly already on a -4 and I think I'll hold too, I have Ighalo to sub in this week and I can think about a replacement after next weekends matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I wouldn't worry about going another -4 if you have already taken a hit or a -12. You are where you are with your current hit so you may as well forget about that. The fact is unless you have a strong front 8 your looking at a 2 pointer coming off your bench for you. If he is out for more than 2 gws you need to get rid of a 13 million player. Give's you a chance to make the 4 pt up this week and means next week you can look at something else rather than having to sell aguero. To simplify it if your on a -12 compare yourself to someone that has made 1 transfer both of you have aguero. The 1 transfer player will sell aguero to go to -4 you sell to go -16. The people that will be gaining on you from your current position this week are those without aguero who I wouldn't really worry about in the long term and anybody with aguero who hasn't made a transfer yet. Strong front 8 it may make sense to hold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I wouldn't worry about going another -4 if you have already taken a hit or a -12. You are where you are with your current hit so you may as well forget about that. The fact is unless you have a strong front 8 your looking at a 2 pointer coming off your bench for you. If he is out for more than 2 gws you need to get rid of a 13 million player. Give's you a chance to make the 4 pt up this week and means next week you can look at something else rather than having to sell aguero. To simplify it if your on a -12 compare yourself to someone that has made 1 transfer both of you have aguero. The 1 transfer player will sell aguero to go to -4 you sell to go -16. The people that will be gaining on you from your current position this week are those without aguero who I wouldn't really worry about in the long term and anybody with aguero who hasn't made a transfer yet. Strong front 8 it may make sense to hold.

Spot on. Very few people see past the number after that minus sign.

Taking a hit is about the points it could gain you. And my philosophy is always that if it only make a 4 pt gain to break even (even over the next 2 weeks) then what you got was an extra free transfer to keep your squad in shape. And we treat fts like gold dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I agree unless you're taking another week to assess striker options (say you have Pelle and Vardy, the two popular options) or your choice has a poor fixture and you're happy to play 5th mid/4th defender. When Aguero got injured last season, I waited a GW and took the price drop, then got Austin in and captained for his hat trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I agree unless you're taking another week to assess striker options (say you have Pelle and Vardy, the two popular options) or your choice has a poor fixture and you're happy to play 5th mid/4th defender. When Aguero got injured last season, I waited a GW and took the price drop, then got Austin in and captained for his hat trick.

This is what I'm doing.

I have Pelle and Vardy, have already taken a -4 to shift Pedro and Gomis before being killed by price changes, so will just play O'Shea at WBA or Fletcher at home to Sunderland for the upcoming gameweek to give me more time to properly assess who I'm going to get in for Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

When will agueros price drop lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

eh i dunno wrote: »
    When will agueros price drop lads?

I'd imagine it will be a few days yet. FFFix has him at +9.9%, dropping at 1.3% per hour.

But check what price you got him at. I got him at 13.0, and he's 13.3, so he can drop once and it won't matter. I'd imagine a lot around here will be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭skippy15

Very tempted to do Kun to Pelle, and Sinclair to Mane for a hit-
    Then play the all out attack chip-

Beg
    Kol Evans/Naughton Saylor Olsson
    Mane Sanchez payet KDB Mahrez
    Pelle Martial vardy

Evans naugton both flagged and expect both to make it but seems the perfect time?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

Brought Silva in earlier this week on a -4 Hit. On top of Agueros injury means Wildcard Activated.

skippy15 wrote: »
    Very tempted to do Kun to Pelle, and Sinclair to Mane for a hit-
    Then play the all out attack chip-

Beg
    Kol Evans/Naughton Saylor Olsson
    Mane Sanchez payet KDB Mahrez
    Pelle Martial vardy

Evans naugton both flagged and expect both to make it but seems the perfect time?

AOA's appeal to me is, like you with Vardy and Mahrez away to Southampton, looking less appealing every day because of the fear the tinkerman will drop Mahrez. I'm in the good position of banking one of my FTs if I choose to because I want to spend it on a defender but not this week and I get my concerns re. Leicester answered.
    So I guess I'm advising you to consider holding on a midfield transfer and the AOA although I have Mane!!!!

Myhill Butland
    Kol Sakho Muniesa/JOS (Daniels)
    Mane Sanchez KDB Moses (Mahrez)
    Vardy Diouf Bony

Brought Silva in earlier this week on a -4 Hit. On top of Agueros injury means Wildcard Activated.

Good luck.
    Killer Break for injuries and half it still left!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Fair few of my lads have picked up "knocks" to compound Aguero being surely out for a few weeks.

Have taken a minus 8 to take Aguero and the woefully bad "signing" Matic out, and taking a speculative punt to bring in Sturridge and Holohan.

Holohan is purely a luxury bench signing but as things stand I have Coutinho and Ayew both out, so he's playing for now.

Advertisement