Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Rail Commuter service to Drogheda

Options
  • 04-12-2011 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Can anyone shed some light please...

Since the change of timetable the last train from town towards Drogheda now leaves from Pearse at 23:30 stopping at Tara and Connolly. This can be seen in the actual paper timetable and on the online pdf timetable. It doesn't show up when you use the journey planner online though.

So to be sure I asked at my local station last night as I was going into town. He assured me it does now depart from Pearse, stopping at Tara before leaving Connolly at 23:37.

So there I was... outside Tara Street Station at 23:30, ready to get my 23:33. Station gates closed. Was there a problem last night at the station or is it that the information I am finding is incorrect.

I managed to get to Connolly in time and the train was definitely at one of those platforms that just start in Connolly - so it hadn't come from Pearse.

I'll get in touch with Irish Rail when the phone is answered (Monday to Friday). But if anyone can shed any light - appreciated. Should I plan to depart from Connolly every time?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Hungerford

The line between Connolly and Pearse was shut last night for engineering works. The train did run but started from Connolly.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭oirishfruitie

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

You Lucky people!

Last train to maynooth on a sunday night is 8.45pm

Its still an improvement given a few years ago the last train was at 6.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

thomasj wrote: »
    You Lucky people!

Last train to maynooth on a sunday night is 8.45pm

Its still an improvement given a few years ago the last train was at 6.30pm
    And a few years before there was no service on Sunday. IE wanted to make sure you went to Mass etc, and that you weren't tempted to enjoy yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭dowlingm

n97 mini wrote: »
    And a few years before there was no service on Sunday. IE wanted to make sure you went to Mass etc, and that you weren't tempted to enjoy yourself.
    At least everyone is still getting Mass on Christmas Day and at home to meet the wren boys (and girls) on Stephens' Day. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

dowlingm wrote: »
    n97 mini wrote: »
    At least everyone is still getting Mass on Christmas Day and at home to meet the wren boys (and girls) on Stephens' Day. :rolleyes:

Ssssshhhh! Dont bee giving them ideas. If they knew theyd get away with it holy thursdsy, shrove tuesday, 8th december etc would all be weekend services! :D

Advertisement