Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

www.myproswing.com

• 08-10-2014 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Just thought I'd share a bit on my experience with this service:

http://www.myproswing.com/

I came across it on one of the golf deal sites (think it was justtreats?)

It's essentially an online golf lesson service. If you're a person like me (long working hours & busy at home) you find it pretty difficult to organise time to get to a pro for a lesson.

With these guys you put a few details about yourself & your swing on the site & then upload two short videos, one face-on swing, one down the line swing.

I said I'd give it a try, if it didn't work out I wasn't going to lose a pile of cash.

I loaded the videos. Within a day I'd heard back from the pro Eoin saying he'd received the videos & had done an initial review. His feedback on my swing was pretty much spot on.

Following this he sent on a full video analysis of my swing which was again very informative.

Finally to complete the lesson Eoin built a specific drill for me to work on & mailed me on a video lesson.

The drill itself was one of the most effective I've been given throughout a few years worth of golf lessons. I've always struggled with an OTT swing. I've got a swingbyte & no matter what I tried before I could never get a proper swing coming at the ball from the inside. After a day working on the drill I managed to get some great looking swings on the swingbyte. I managed to hit some great draws which is not my natural shape.

My game came good relatively quickly after such a big change too (had the 42 points in the boards captains day shortly after it :D)

Eoin, the pro, is very proactive with the communication by phone & mail & has seemed genuinely interested in seeing how I'm doing.

It sounds like these guys have pretty ambitious plans for where they want to go with things. I've had a fully positive experience so far and will be making use of the service again over the next few months. In fact I've just submitted 2 New videos for lesson 2 with them.

Will post some feedback on lesson 2, but for now I would happily recommended people give it a try

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Very interesting. Would you mind if I asked how much and what the anti-OTT drill was ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

The standard single online lesson is €20. The deal on the site I bought was for membership & 12 lessons. It was €30 on the deal site , it's normally €100.

Hard to explain the drill. I'll try post up a vid of me swinging doing it later

• Registered Users Posts: 37 linksrookie

I've snapped up the same deal, yet to use it but the communication on their end has been A1 - offering to ring and help whenever I'm available to chat. Will add feedback when I eventually get around to getting a video done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 farniel

Interesting. I've been teaching myself with youtube videos and have just nailed down my grip and fairly comfortable stance. Still chunking a fair few shots and have always wanted to get my swing analysed so going to try this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭benny79

Is the deal still available and where could I purchase it?

I think word of mouth is a big factor on the likes of lessons etc, I'm sick of paying for lessons and after 5 mins I hit the ball great, then practise it hard, then I forget something silly and am back 2 square one! least this way its recorded to view over and over again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 farniel

Yeah I spent a couple of hundred on lessons with different teachers and was very unimpressed. One in particular left me on my own for ten minutes to work on my takeaway. Still charged me for the full 30 mins of course! I find Herman Williams golf to be very good. He explains why you do certain things as opposed to just doing them.

Search for Herman Williams golf on YouTube. I can't post a link as I'm a new user apparently!

benny79 wrote: »
    Is the deal still available and where could I purchase it?

I think word of mouth is a big factor on the likes of lessons etc, I'm sick of paying for lessons and after 5 mins I hit the ball great, then practise it hard, then I forget something silly and am back 2 square one! least this way its recorded to view over and over again!
    The deal is over at this stage. It's now 100 for Membership & 12 online lessons, so still decent value relative to what you'll pay most pros. That or try a single 20 quid lesson to see what you think.

I'm seeing that they also have just opened an academy in tipp too & have a deal on just treats for 2 physical lessons there for 30 quid at the moment.

how do you book online lessons? I went onto the website last nite and couldn't find it anywhere, all be it I was on my phone, didn't find the website that good to be honest, just had blogs /news from Tour pros, and quotes from people who dropped 3/4 shots off their hc after 1 lesson which I find hard to believe! and it kept saying to register for the newsletter which I did and nothing. also there was a link to this thread! "see what people are saying about us on boards" very suspicious you on commission Spacecoyote?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

how do you book online lessons? I went onto the website last nite and couldn't find it anywhere, all be it I was on my phone, didn't find the website that good to be honest, just had blogs /news from Tour pros, and quotes from people who dropped 3/4 shots off their hc after 1 lesson which I find hard to believe! and it kept saying to register for the newsletter which I did and nothing. also there was a link to this thread! "see what people are saying about us on boards" very suspicious you on commission Spacecoyote?

Hard to navigate on phone but PC version makes more sense

Ha, benny79, I think there are enough people on this place that know me at this stage to know I'm not the kind of person to post something disingenuous.

I've no affiliation to the company, other than having used the service & being very happy with it so far.

They're an online company, so would you blame them for linking to an online forum. As people have said above, these kind of business rely on word of mouth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭John Divney

Good idea to post here, as far as golf instruction goes the internet has made it a meritocracy and those who really put out good researched golf knowledge get rewarded. The lack of Irish pros is staggering online, the money is there to be taken by the right pro who really knows the swing and can show it.

Look at the likes of Dan Whitaker in Manchester and his youtube channel, he probably had more video lessons than he can handle and had tour presence now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

myproswing, thanks for the codes for the lads however advertising your company is against boards rules. I am going to leave your posts here for now until I discuss it further with my comods

have these lads got a email address as im having trouble uploading my video clips it says they have to be 5MB or less mine are 10 and only 10 seconds long!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 nutsgolf

was told about this company couple of weeks ago and I searched it on google and i clicked on what i taught was the site but was actually a link to this page and comments were good so i said i try give it a go for 20 euro couldn't go wrong, uploaded the 2 swings ( haven't a problem loading vids and my clips are 20 seconds long) anyway to cut a long story short i got a call from eoin had a quick chat within couple of hrs got a email with lesson and a drill.

no word of lie i just had my best score in 4 years. I not the best golfer in the world with a handicap of 19 but i broke 80 after working on the drill for 4 or 5 days , i don't know what these guys secret is but its working for me hence i decided to open an account here and spread the word , booking another lesson tomorrow will upload a vid of my old swing and new swing after it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

What drill helped you knock at least 10 shots in 5 days?

PARlance wrote: »

Amazing isnt it?!!

well i can play better than 19 been honest i probably can play to 16 , 15 pushing it, i had a really bad slice, according to eoin it was a push slice. the drill i got is kinda hard to explain , i had to use two golf balls , start at one and hit the other one. it easy to do. what he said was he wanted to fix my path and clubface.

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Amazing isnt it?!!

do you not believe me??? i post a vid to prove you wrong

lads how do you record your vids I have a samsung s3 mini and when i record my swing etc it records in mp4 a 15sec vid is 21mb everyone is saying I am recording in the wrong format but its not giving me the option to change formats on my phone?

Can anyone help as its driving me mad!!!

lads how do you record your vids I have a samsung s3 mini and when i record my swing etc it records in mp4 a 15sec vid is 21mb everyone is saying I am recording in the wrong format but its not giving me the option to change formats on my phone?

Can anyone help as its driving me mad!!!

Hows it going Benny?

I find if I just hit record on the video recorder on my own phone that it is creating a file that is too large for an upload.

You should be able to adjust the settings/quality (did a little google search & found this http://inside-galaxy.blogspot.ie/2013/10/samsung-galaxy-s3-how-to-change.html it might help?)

For mine, which is a HTC One, I find that if I record a video in Slow Motion mode it automatically adjusts the quality of video. If I then speed the slow mo video back up to normal speed it keeps it in the same quality of video & is much smaller than the standard video (think standard on mine is in some sort of HD quality)

• Advertisement

Grand Space apart from wanting to throw my phone out the window :)

cheers for that! but when I go into recording mode I only have 2 options: Normal & limit for MMS no limit for email which is the one I want I think as it wont send.

Just looking to send them to these lads for a online lesson the first one went grand but the second one wont send think its cause its over 20mb...

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭DiegoWorst

nutsgolf wrote: »
    no word of lie i just had my best score in 4 years. I not the best golfer in the world with a handicap of 19 but i broke 80 after working on the drill for 4 or 5 days , i don't know what these guys secret is but its working for me hence i decided to open an account here and spread the word , booking another lesson tomorrow will upload a vid of my old swing and new swing after it

Will Eoin provide heart-attack pills for all the golf club members who are seeing net 60 winning their weekend comps?

Great scoring nutsgolf, that's fantastic.

Grand Space apart from wanting to throw my phone out the window :)

cheers for that! but when I go into recording mode I only have 2 options: Normal & limit for MMS no limit for email which is the one I want I think as it wont send.

Just looking to send them to these lads for a online lesson the first one went grand but the second one wont send think its cause its over 20mb...

The MMS quality would fit the bill I would have thought as that should minimise the size & quality to squeeze into a phone message?

I had an issue with one of my own. I had the down the line vid at the right size but the face on clip was too large & I couldn't reduce it any smaller.

I submitted the lesson with just the one attachment on it & then sent an email to the info email address with the second video & Eoin was able to use it that way to make up the video analysis.

Maybe give them a shout & see could you do something similar

if you google "free make" it will allow you to make the size of the vids smaller.

I just booked another lesson with eoin at there academy in Tipperary town driving range on Saturday. we must of talked for at least 20 mins today about the golf swing today. my friend had a lesson with him on short game the other day and he was impressed too.

i going to ask him for permission to upload the drills on here on sat so if he says yes i upload them.

I'd say the drills are copyright of the owner so I doubt very much he'll allow them to be posted on a public forum.

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I'd say the drills are copyright of the owner so I doubt very much he'll allow them to be posted on a public forum.

yeah your probably right but no harm in asking him is there, does anyone know anything about d-plane eoin mentioned it on the phone today and i have never heard of it before

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

nutsgolf wrote: »
    yeah your probably right but no harm in asking him is there, does anyone know anything about d-plane eoin mentioned it on the phone today and i have never heard of it before

Might be worth giving him another buzz on d-phone to clarify it.

Might be worth giving him another buzz on d-phone to clarify it.

not very helpful but I get you lol, ah he only mentioned it didn't explain it but I look up youtube instead, will message on sat to let ya know how lesson went

@ Space-I reduced the resolution on my phone and than recorded my swing and worked fine. Problem now is I have 1 item in my cart but it wont let me view it or go to check out! tried again now I have 2 items in cart and same problem any ideas?

• Advertisement

@ Space-I reduced the resolution on my phone and than recorded my swing and worked fine. Problem now is I have 1 item in my cart but it wont let me view it or go to check out! tried again now I have 2 items in cart and same problem any ideas?

Think there is some button on it to add voucher code or something like that when you view cart, not 100% tho, sorry Benny.

Advertisement