Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Official RYDER JUG thread (- No betting posts!!)

• 29-09-2014 10:42am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Seeing as the support event has finished its about time we had a thread for the biggest matchplay event of the BGS year - the Ryder Jug!

We have our 10 best players and two picks all ready to do battle on the 11th October.

The captains picks are stevieob and myself :o It was a very tough decision as i had a lot of players i wanted to play but unfortunately as it finished up i had only one to pick.

I have my pairings done for the match but don't think i'll post them on here unless everyone wants to see them, up to you!

Bring it on....................and bring it home!!!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,731 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I'm going to be the Phil of this.

But with less talent and more talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

PM the pairings. Will ye decide on the team colors yet? How about all orange like ricki?

I'm going to be the Phil of this.

But with less talent and more talk.

More talk.....is that possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Glad you picked Stevie. Attends every single boards outing. His dedication to the society deserves his place on the team!

Agree great picks.

stevie 100 % committed. Charlie great job all year.

He was so disappointed in MJ.

Had a flashback there.

Could we get little black dresses as our outfit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Hey, you can wear a little black number if it floats your boat, I'm sticking to my leggings and tank top!!!

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Hey, you can wear a little black number if it floats your boat, I'm sticking to my leggings and tank top!!!

:D

Was just thinking that I will stuggle to get a playing partner the way I'm going .

Oh- I forgot to add that I have a tendency to miss stuff in 1 to 2 foot range. :p

So on a serious note.

Are you pming pairings.

So on a serious note.

Are you pming pairings.

I'll send them on to everyone now, keep them to yourselves though!!!!

. Is it 4 ball better ball and adjusted handicap or full handicap?

• Advertisement

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I'll send them on to everyone now, keep them to yourselves though!!!!

That is a serious strong team - well done Charlie.

Its fourball, lowest guy in pairings goes off scratch and everyone adjusted down to suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Keep to yourself is right - Technodub does trawl these forums. Don't want him getting the inside track :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

That's it lads, now start nursing those handicaps up for the next week or so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,821 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

:D Honoured to be chosen as Charlies pick. I love the boards outings and you can't get bigger than the Ryder Jug.

Look, I even changed my name for the occasion.

The thing is, am I Seve O'Brien or Seve Out of Bounds.........:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Macker1

Looking forward to this..........

Word of warning don't bring in Alex Ferguson for a pep talk as I won't be responsible for my actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,821 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Macker1 wrote: »
    Looking forward to this..........

Word of warning don't bring in Alex Ferguson for a pep talk as I won't be responsible for my actions.

oh they can bring him alright

he just might not get out alive :D

I think we should have motivational lines from me and pictures of all the mods as we walk out.

Does anybody know of anybody that runs boards - could they get us tee shirts or a few quid sponsorship ?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭3putt

Looking forward to this now lads. Glad to see seve ob getting the pick , well deserved. Groups looking real strong . Hopefully we will bring it home again this year.

Charlie - McGinley (master tactician, inspirational captain)
    Ivan - Rory (lethal long game, massive power)
    Fix - Sergio (long hitter, passionate competitor, yet to win a major, read Boards outing)
    Macker - GMac (lethal short game, red hot putter)
    Tiger - Westwood (rock solid all rounder, always featuring at the top of the table)
    3putt - Kaymer (hits a solid high fade, consistent performer)
    Big easy - Rose (delivering on promise, has won on the biggest stage)
    Seve OB - Poulter ( wildcard, consummate team player, has the game to compete with anyone on his day)

Sorry to the other Lads, haven't played with you so will let someone else fill in the who's who

Edit - will give myself Stenson - worked my way up the rankings without hitting a driver :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Space "Dubuisson" Coyote me thinks!

There are many similarities between the quiet enigma and the man from France ;)

A recent revelation, but a certainty from the onset.
    The relaxed swing that packs a killer punch.
    The hair and facial hair aren't a million miles apart either :)

PARlance wrote: »
    Space "Dubuisson" Coyote me thinks!

There are many similarities between the quiet enigma and the man from France ;)

A recent revelation, but a certainty from the onset.
    The relaxed swing that packs a killer punch.
    The hair and facial hair aren't a million miles apart either :)

Yes but can victor dance.

myself and Segio, jaysus, Useless putter pain in the hole. - all just too true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Just logged on now after being up the walls the last few days. Thread has given me a good laugh :pac: Space, I'm a better putter than Rose :P

Haha, Fix and Sergio, that's funny. Are we staying over in Tullamore, I'm sure we could find something to amuse ourselves in the evening :pac:

Things have quietened down a bit now so I must get out for some practise in the next week. Looking forward to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tigerwood1

Charlie - McGinley (master tactician, inspirational captain)
    Ivan - Rory (lethal long game, massive power)
    Fix - Sergio (long hitter, passionate competitor, yet to win a major, read Boards outing)
    Macker - GMac (lethal short game, red hot putter)
    Tiger - Westwood (rock solid all rounder, always featuring at the top of the table)
    3putt - Kaymer (hits a solid high fade, consistent performer)
    Big easy - Rose (delivering on promise, has won on the biggest stage)
    Seve OB - Poulter ( wildcard, consummate team player, has the game to compete with anyone on his day)

Sorry to the other Lads, haven't played with you so will let someone else fill in the who's who

Edit - will give myself Stenson - worked my way up the rankings without hitting a driver :p

What's wrong with my short game ?:mad: , ok i hav,nt won a major yet but i nearly did:rolleyes: just 15 lousy points, 15 bol... points. i think i need to lie down again.

tigerwood1 wrote: »
    What's wrong with my short game ?:mad: , ok i hav,nt won a major yet but i nearly did:rolleyes: just 15 lousy points, 15 bol... points. i think i need to lie down again.

Sorry tiger, meant it as a compliment :eek:

Think we need some positive reinforcement from the team captain

I hear he is on a break studying course - is driven there by limo - martini handed to him on exit of car - as fur coat is put on - then a masseuses awaits at the steam room - after (depends how it went) he is handed a Havana Cigar with Ferrero Rocher a Petrus and deep heat.

Just logged on now after being up the walls the last few days. Thread has given me a good laugh :pac: Space, I'm a better putter than Rose :P

Haha, Fix and Sergio, that's funny. Are we staying over in Tullamore, I'm sure we could find something to amuse ourselves in the evening :pac:

Things have quietened down a bit now so I must get out for some practise in the next week. Looking forward to it :)

We Don't typically stay over Big Easy.

I think it is a good idea - But I feel from talking to lads - we push the boat out enough during the year - telling her it was the end of year bash last month - and now it is the end of year , end of year bash . Is a bit beyond the realms of reality.

After all that - I would , but this year date does not suit.

Lads, we're gonna rock this match 100 times better than gleneagles!!! If we can get fix to drink a case of wine the night before, a buggy for macker, seve's lucky ryder cup jumper, spacecoyotes funky trousers and I wont practice till the morning of the event we'll be grand!!!!!

I'd be up for staying as I could have got us a great deal on a hotel in tullamore but I have an important anniversary mass Sunday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tigerwood1

I know you did space, just my weird sence of humour (only my 4yr old gets it):pac::pac:

• Advertisement

tigerwood1 wrote: »
    I know you did space, just my weird sence of humour (only my 4yr old gets it):pac::pac:

I get it too :D

Well except when you don't even smile.

Advertisement