Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due October 2014.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Fittle wrote: »
    I'm out girls.

I won't scare or depress you all but my pregnancy was always high risk due to my age, and unfortunately, even though I'm 13 weeks, the baby won't survive.
    The very best of luck to all of you in October - I'll be thinking of you all x

I'm so sorry to hear that m'dear, I really am. Sending you lots of love and good wishes xx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I'm out girls.

I won't scare or depress you all but my pregnancy was always high risk due to my age, and unfortunately, even though I'm 13 weeks, the baby won't survive.

I'm really sorry to hear that Fittle. :( Best of thoughts to you right now xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Never nice to see bad news. Thoughts are with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

So sorry to hear that news.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Wife is in the high risk category aswell :-(

Scan in 13 days hopefully everything will be ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

I'm out girls.

So sorry to hear that Fittle. Do take care.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 murphy2

I'm out girls.

Really sorry to hear that Fittle, thinking of you x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Thanks for your good wishes - it's a waiting game for me I'm afraid, or get my hands on a thousand euro for a trip to the UK...good old Catholic Ireland!

Anyhow, carry on with your lovely posts about your babies, I'll check in again in October to see what you all had xxx
    Take care xx

Week 15 starts today.
    We told some (the closest of) our friends on Saturday and Sunday which was lovely. They're all really pleased for us.
    Two of my friends was a difficult one for me. One of them is long term single and I know she'd love to meet someone and the other while engaged has had a number of miscarriages and I really felt bad about telling them my happy news. I didn't want them to feel that I was bragging or anything.
    I decided to just tell the news towards the end of lunch, spoke about it a little and then we went shopping and talked about other stuff.
    Sometimes you are made very aware of how lucky you are and how much you have. Its good to appreciate it rather than just take it for granted.

Had the 13 week scan this morning. All went well. Healthy heart beat. Watch the little mite wriggle around. Hand on its head legs crossed. Pretty active. Have told family and will tell the world over the next few days.

• Advertisement

greenman09 wrote: »
    Had the 13 week scan this morning. All went well. Healthy heart beat. Watch the little mite wriggle around. Hand on its head legs crossed. Pretty active. Have told family and will tell the world over the next few days.

Enjoy telling people, its a great feeling.
    I still haven't told my family (with the exception of one sister) but thats because I was waiting until we'd all be together. There is a big family event this weekend and I'll tell everyone then. Some of my siblings live abroad so it will be nice to be able to tell them in person rather than over the phone. Since I had the scan last week and saw the little one its been harder and harder not to tell! Can't wait for Friday.
    Will tell the inlaws over Easter when we visit. As with my family, my husband's siblings live either far away or abroad so they'll all be home and together so it will be nice to deliver the news in person.
    Actually, it will be funny when we tell them because I'll be 15 +5 (16th week) then. When his sister and cousins announced their respective pregnancies they were about 2 or 4 weeks pregnant and told the world. They'll certainly find it odd that we waited so long.
    I've really enjoyed having the news to ourselves for a while though. Its the most delicious little secret.

When we told a few over the weekend I get a big handshake and a 'well done' maybe it's a man thing.

I told my family over the weekend and it was lovely. They were so pleased and happy for both of us. I also got to compare notes with my mam and sisters and get their experiences, etc which was great.
    We'll tell my husbands family this weekend so then everyone important will know.
    I'm kind of having my hand forced at work with regards to telling them there so I'll tell my boss tomorrow. Only 23 more weeks to go! Bloody delighted at the fact that I'll be out of there for ages then.

I had my first consultant appointment today and it went swimmingly. Also had a mini scan which I hadn't been expecting and that was lovely. I saw the little one again and the heart best could be seen clearly on screen. It's astonishing that only a couple of weeks ago I needed a full bladder to have a scan at all but today with only a regularly full one (I.e. I hadn't pee'd in only a short while) you could see the baby with ease. The heart could be seen clearly beating away nice and strong. The doctor also said that for the measurements I'm about 4 days further along than they'd thought. So it would seem that I'm now 15+3 not 14+6. At this rate I'll be having the baby in June not October.
    Hope everything is going well for everyone else.

That's great, Penny. You are very close to me, I am 15 + 5. I can't wait for my first proper hospital appt, for big scan etc. It's not for another 3 weeks, I will be almost 19wks.

It's so lively to get it all out in the open and be able to compare notes with friends and family. Mind you, this site has been a life saver , especially during those "secretive weeks". :P

73trix wrote: »
    That's great, Penny. You are very close to me, I am 15 + 5. I can't wait for my first proper hospital appt, for big scan etc. It's not for another 3 weeks, I will be almost 19wks.

It's so lively to get it all out in the open and be able to compare notes with friends and family. Mind you, this site has been a life saver , especially during those "secretive weeks". :P

I'd have been lost without this site in the early weeks. Actually to be honest it's still brilliant. There are so many people with so many experiences it's a great place to be able to share, commiserate, laugh, ask the most ridiculous questions and all that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 brickej

Hi guys,

I'm also due October 2014 (currently 14 weeks), and have chosen Holles St. It's our first baby and was a complete surprise for us!! We've had our first appointment and scan, which was surreal. I'm absolutely petrified about the whole thing, but find these threads amazing for hearing other people's stories. I've found that pregnancy books seem to omit of lot of details of what actually happens... But that could just be me being a worrier!

We've only told our parents and siblings so far, we'll tell extended family and close friends at the weekend, but I don't think I'll be able to hide it for much longer!!

So happy I have found this thread to chat with others due in October!

Welcome aboard BrickEJ :)

Anyone having their baby in Wexford general?

Or know of where to find pregnancy pilates in Wexford town?

When is a good time to start pilates or is it basically the sooner the better?

Thanks.

I'm in Dublin so no help to you with scouting out classes in Wexford but I can report that my local Pilates studio won't allow you start fresh until you're at 16 weeks- same for their ante natal yoga classes.

Well, that's good to know that I'm on time so! 16 today. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

73trix wrote: »
    Anyone having their baby in Wexford general?

Or know of where to find pregnancy pilates in Wexford town?

When is a good time to start pilates or is it basically the sooner the better?

Thanks.

I'm attending Wexford but I can't help you with town pilates classes I'm afraid, I only know of ones in Gorey. I'm in the hospital for my glucose tolerance test in the morning so if I see any posters/leaflets I'll make a note of the details and post again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

Ocean Blue wrote: »
    I'm attending Wexford but I can't help you with town pilates classes I'm afraid, I only know of ones in Gorey. I'm in the hospital for my glucose tolerance test in the morning so if I see any posters/leaflets I'll make a note of the details and post again :)

No luck this morning I'm afraid - no sign of any pilates info :(

I'm 16+4 today and so happy to report that I'm in flying form. While I still need (and if I'm honest like) my nap in the evening after work I've been feeling so much better over the last week or so when compared to the endless exhaustion I was feeling over the first 14 weeks.
    We've told everyone now - well those that matter and I told work last week too. 21 more weeks to go and then I'm on maternity leave!! Yazers.
    I've been interested in getting organised with baby related things too which is good. I booked in for my ante natal classes this morning and called the physio department for an appointment there. Just need a call back now to confirm that all is in place there.
    I've been able to get a bit more exercise in too and its been a lovely way to get in some quality time with my husband after work and over the lovely long weekend we just had.

Hope all others on the October baby train are doing well too. :)

All good our side. Everyone knows now. Still getting loads of well wishes. 16w today. Baby shopping has also started. Meet consultant Tuesday week in the coombe. Scan then end of May.

greenman09 wrote: »
    All good our side. Everyone knows now. Still getting loads of well wishes. 16w today. Baby shopping has also started. Meet consultant Tuesday week in the coombe. Scan then end of May.

Who are you attending in the Coombe? My consultant went on maternity leave a bit early so I have to be assigned a new one. I'm not that bothered as I hadn't even met them once so there was no existing relationship there. I met the Reg at my appointment and he was lovely and will remain on the case so I'm happy enough with that.
    I've done no baby shopping yet. I'm off on holidays for the first two weeks in June and think I'll start with a vengeance when I get back. Will try to hit the shops for the travel system, cot, changing unit and rocking chair the one day.

What can i expect from my 1st hospital clinic appt? I have big scan Tues and 1st OPC appt the next day. Have had no tests done yet. Not even a blood test. Will be 19wks. Kinda expecting bloods done then but not sure. Someone i know said i'd have a glucose test done but would have to fast, but i've heard nothing about fasting on my appt letter!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ninja13

I just had my first appointment at the hospital last week, only had scan and met with a midwife to fill out the details, goi g for bloods next week. If you have diabetes yourself then you will get the glucose test straight away but if your like me and someone in your family has diabetes then you won't get the glucose test until about 2 months before your due date. Mines not till August. You may get your bloods done at your first appointment, mine wasn't done because the scan is in a different hospital to my local hospital.

I'm 18+2 today and feeling very well really. Certainly heaps better than in the first 12-14 weeks. Still get tired easily enough though but sleeping very well most nights.
    My SPD has settled down quite a bit having been very bad. I did book in for my first pre natal yoga class this Wednesday so fingers crossed it will help a bit. I hope to do it on Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings.

I have my next appointment (with my GP) next Tuesday and then my big scan the following week. I'm dying for that and to see the little one again and how much s/he has grown.

I hope all of the other October parents to be are keeping well.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

Hi girls

thought I would introduce myself! I've been lurking here for a while :)

I'm currently 15+1, due Oct 28th. I thought I was originally due in Nov but we had our scan a couple of weeks ago which put us two weeks ahead.
    This is our first baby, all very exciting! The nausea is finally starting to ease a bit, it was fairly rough from about 4 weeks although I thought it was getting better last week and spent one of the evenings throwing up so I'm still a bit wary but for the last few days at least feeling much better. Thank GOD!

Looking forward to getting to know you all :)

• Advertisement

genie_us wrote: »
    Hi girls

thought I would introduce myself! I've been lurking here for a while :)

I'm currently 15+1, due Oct 28th. I thought I was originally due in Nov but we had our scan a couple of weeks ago which put us two weeks ahead.
    This is our first baby, all very exciting! The nausea is finally starting to ease a bit, it was fairly rough from about 4 weeks although I thought it was getting better last week and spent one of the evenings throwing up so I'm still a bit wary but for the last few days at least feeling much better. Thank GOD!

Looking forward to getting to know you all :)

Welcome and congratulations on your pregnancy. It really is a very exciting time. I am pregnant with my first too and so experiencing lots of changes and wonderment.
    The nausea is a killer. I had it quite badly for the first 12-14 weeks of my pregnancy and it seemed as though I was spending all of my time either feeling really bleurgh or exhausted. I couldn't believe it when people said it gets better but it really does. From about week 15/16 I got my energy back (well compared to what it had been at the start, I still get tired very early in the evening and need a nap every day when I get home from work and still sleep soundly for hours at night) and the nausea lessend a lot.

This site is a brilliant resource, use it as much as you can.

Advertisement