Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

• 22-12-2012 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,985 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

you've probably seen it on other fora so if its good enough for them then its good enough for us!

So if its non golf related and you want to input from your fellow golfers, feel free to post away in here about anything.
    It will be lightly moderated, but the usual rules apply, play nice!

GreeBo.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Always thought we needed one!

I'm not a big rugby fan but turned on TG4 to watch the match, news to me Jerry Flannery has cupla focal

• Registered Users Posts: 26,985 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

:)
    He has more than I do so!

Just finished watching City beat reading in the 93rd minute...sick for Reading.

Thank Christ somebody finally posted in here! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

I don't know what a tracker mortgage is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

ForeRight wrote: »
    I don't know what a tracker mortgage is

http://www.uswitch.com/mortgages/tracker-mortgages/

Now you do ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

We would not leave you hanging!

My team Forest lost again today. Following games on Twitter and people want the manager sacked! He has been in charge since the Summer!

• Advertisement

Yeah this whole "sack him, ever since he came here ( 3 weeks ago) we have been crap!" is really pathetic.
    Id say Alan Pardew is delighted though, lovely long term contract with Newcastle...and they are playing so well lately :-0

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

Caught a little scumbag going out the door of the pub last night with my nice pro-quip jacket under his arm.....better luck next time

chalk one up fire the good guy!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

GreeBo wrote: »
    Yeah this whole "sack him, ever since he came here ( 3 weeks ago) we have been crap!" is really pathetic.
    Id say Alan Pardew is delighted though, lovely long term contract with Newcastle...and they are playing so well lately :-0

Hey, I'm a toon fan!

(Crap, did I say that out loud!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,091 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

charlieIRL wrote: »

Hey, I'm a toon fan!

(Crap, did I say that out loud!!!)

Now I know why ye mods are so moody :)
    Good times for Newcastle, I feared for them a while back but glad to see a settled ship.
    I thought Chris H was hard done by but Pardee has done a decent job (really don't like the chap though)

A disappointed ManU fan here.... Well, when I say fan, I was a good one until a few years ago until golf took over and my obsession switched.

Follow Sligo rovers moreso now, and yes, I've only been supporting them a few years but no, I'm not a complete glory hunter. Started following them as my younger bro was in the squad for a couple of seasons.
    (He still thinks Everton came after the wrong guy in Colman... Delusion runs in the family :) )

• Advertisement

Yeah, united were poor today, should have won easily, Rooney was bad...Vidic was a yard off the pace and RVP should have had 2 goals...made all the worse by City winning yesterday too

Some score by Chelsea, but the keeper was at fault for a good few of those 8!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Anyone seen that film Life of Pi yet?

Any use? Looks spectacular in the trailers and is nominated for a lot of awards.

An evening spent with the nieces and nephew, don't do it often enough but put me in great spirits!

RTE sports awards now, Katie Taylor will surely win the sports person of the year.

Im in great spirits...once they have gone home :)
    nah, its great fun with kids...hmm not in a Jimmy Saville way before anyone starts those rumours!

Well ya it is nice to leave, I had to bribe my nephew as he did not want me to leave!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭onlyfinewine

Im in great spirits...once they have gone home :)
    nah, its great fun with kids...hmm not in a Jimmy Saville way before anyone starts those rumours!

Never thought of you as an Uncle (Gaybo) Greebo before, or a dad for some reason.
    Anyway delighted you have fun with the kids, I find it's one of the best feelings in life.

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    Now I know why ye mods are so moody :)
    Good times for Newcastle, I feared for them a while back but glad to see a settled ship.
    I thought Chris H was hard done by but Pardee has done a decent job (really don't like the chap though)

I heard the full story why CH was replaced with AP and i tell you its a shocking story!!

In a bit of bother this year though, need a few more wins.

P.S. seeing as its off topic, just got the laptop working after a damm virus and the kids are after knocking out a key, anyone able to fix it?!! You dont realise how many times you need the "E" button till its gone!!

It should just push straight back on...just make sure its lined up and push it all the way down...it will give a little scary crunch noise but should then pop back up as normal...unless they actually broke it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Happy Christmas lads. I imagine there will be some shiny new equipment on the first tees all over the country on the 26th. Stay safe.
    Scrubber, missus scrubber and new baby scrubber.

It should just push straight back on...just make sure its lined up and push it all the way down...it will give a little scary crunch noise but should then pop back up as normal...unless they actually broke it!

Have checked it and don't think any of its broke. I tried pushing it back down and no joy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

i knocked out my T button a while ago and when it wouldnt push back down, I went to charmap - copied the T in the char map and everytime I had to use T, i pressed ctrl+v. Annoying, but you get used to it :)

Anyone else working today?!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

Anyone else working today?!

If by working you mean,going for several beverages then yes,yes im working aswell:D:D
    its a tough job,but i think im up for it:D

I wish it involved alcohol!

Hope to be signing off shortly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭wilfitz

Anyone else dying today? I'm shook. Wine,Guinness, jägerbombs and Heineken don't go down too well:(

^ they come back up handy enough though huh? ;-)

Happy Christmas folks!

now.. more importantly...is the course open? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

Happy Christmas all I hope Santa is kind to all your games.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

thinking about heading out to the course myself for a couple of holes this morning before i head over to the parents ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sodbuster77

Happy Christmas everyone. Hope Santa was good to you all. Can't wait to try out my new Titleist bag :)

Advertisement