Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PC titles

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

/\/ollog wrote: »
    PC-Only means they're not coming out for consoles.

CS:GO will be on consoles, not sure of the others.

It'll be PC exclusive like TF2 is PC exclusive.. give it 5 months after release and they will be completely different games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

why does it matter if games are pc only, even if they're on consoles too they'll be better on pc

weird question

Some games can really suffer in being multi-format. Like everything being designed around the xbox controller making for somewhat retarded UIs on PC. And that some console ports need to be tweaked to bits to get working properly. (alpha protocol)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭wayne040576

ScumLord wrote: »
    ARMA 3, rFactor 2. Real men games. Makes COD and GT5 look like something you roll out on the floor for a 2 year old to play with.

Did they ever release that patch to make ARMA fun?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

fun has no place in real games

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Did they ever release that patch to make ARMA fun?
    You can shot a guy in the head with a sniper riffle, hop into a tank and blow up his house then fly away in a helicopter destroying his village as you go. How is that not fun? They did release a zombie campaign plus you can always make your own missions in the mission editor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

You can shot a guy in the head with a sniper riffle, hop into a tank and blow up his house then fly away in a helicopter destroying his village as you go. How is that not fun? They did release a zombie campaign plus you can always make your own missions in the mission editor.

i am a big PC gamer, but even i cant justify ARMA to be a great game. Its a simulator for very small and limited group of people. I am not bashing it, but it is a think that is not for everyone. I honestly tried flashpoint/arma games since they were released, but it was more of a benchmark program for me, then a "game".
    My friends love ARMA and they can play for hours custom maps together and feck around in map editors, but jesus its too damn real for my liking.
    then i guess, i newer had a PC, which would be able to run ARMA 2 on respectable frame rate :D. Always wanted to try zombie mod. My current rig, should be able to run it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

SeantheMan wrote: »
    DARK SOULS is coming out on PC :D

Uggh i know, i got 3 copies of demons souls(asian, us and european editions) now it looks like i'll have 2 copies of dark souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Uggh i know, i got 3 copies of demons souls(asian, us and european editions) now it looks like i'll have 2 copies of dark souls.

Demon Souls didn't come out on PC though did it ?...
    One of only 2-3 games that I'd want a PS3 for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

PS3 only, can't remember but there was something weird with the deal between sony and from so the game wasn't allowed to other systems. It was the most under rated game, it was one of the few that owed its success to word of mouth on forums. It didn't get the backing it deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭ gizmo

PS3 only, can't remember but there was something weird with the deal between sony and from so the game wasn't allowed to other systems. It was the most under rated game, it was one of the few that owed its success to word of mouth on forums. It didn't get the backing it deserved.
    Probably because Sony published and, as a result, funded its development. Nevermind the additional technical support they would have given them for using the PhyreEngine. :)

• Advertisement

i am a big PC gamer, but even i cant justify ARMA to be a great game. Its a simulator for very small and limited group of people.
    I'm gone mad into sims, I'm sick to death of the monotony of gaming these days, there as bad as Hollywood films for being all style and no substance. I just can't play COD any more it just annoys me now I want something more involved, like a 4 hour attempt at an ARMA mission heart in throat the whole time as your always one bullet away from death.

I don't play ARMA that much myself, it does suck up time I'm playing a go kart sim at the moment. I get much more enjoyment out of racing a kart around the same track than I did from most of Dirt 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I'm gone mad into sims, I'm sick to death of the monotony of gaming these days, there as bad as Hollywood films for being all style and no substance. I just can't play COD any more it just annoys me now I want something more involved, like a 4 hour attempt at an ARMA mission heart in throat the whole time as your always one bullet away from death.

I don't play ARMA that much myself, it does suck up time I'm playing a go kart sim at the moment. I get much more enjoyment out of racing a kart around the same track than I did from most of Dirt 3.

Really... they aren't. If COD is your benchmark for what gaming is like today then your clearly doing it wrong, especially if your a PC gamer ! :)

Personally.. i'd rather just go karting or paintballing/airsofting than play a sim !

Magill wrote: »
    Really... they aren't. If COD is your benchmark for what gaming is like today then your clearly doing it wrong, especially if your a PC gamer ! :)

Personally.. i'd rather just go karting or paintballing/airsofting than play a sim !
    They're pro karts you wouldn't be able to just jump into one of them at the local go kart track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Flight has just been released - never been a good console Flight Sim

Total War Series - Never been a game like it released on Console. I'd struggle to name a good console RTS. Can't think of any Turn based.

Sim City is coming - okay been on console but didnt exactly work.

MMORPGs - decent ones only on PC

PC Exclusives still have their place imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Zoki

Insurgency Sandstorm is coming in late august

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Zoki wrote: »
    Insurgency Sandstorm is coming in late august

That's dedication.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Hey Zoki, welcome to Boards :) We've got a dedicated PC Gaming forum you can find over here if that's what tickles your fancy :)

Advertisement