Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due November 2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭natty_asha

well for about €150 I got everything I needed for babys room and a few other household bits. they have some nice cot sets which are good value and I like the fact you can get other items to match then also. I got the matress for the cot there too and it seems good quality. They have cheaper ones but they seemed very thin so I went with one of the middle range ones and its perfect.

One tip I would have is that if your only going for baby stuff and other household niknaks, then avoid starting at the very front of the store as its all furniture for various rooms. Its one loooooong walk around the whole store! We went straight to the restaurant and beside that is the baby section. Then the lifts are there also to bring you downstairs to the household section with all the small house furnishings etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gilly3232

thanks natty good tip, eat
    then shop!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julo12

cbyrd wrote: »
    :pac: I get to move house next week.. I just found a house yesterday, trouble is i'm moving from meath to mayo.. in a week.. i'm tired thinking of everything that needs to be packed. Kids schools changed, but the house is beautiful, trouble is I have to change hospitals with 6/8 weeks to go,
    Another adventure :eek:
    All good with baba anyway, a bit of indigestion the last few day but I'm putting it down to the stress of moving..
    I must be NUTS !!!!
    Moving house and county??!?! And I think I'm bad cos I still have the nursery to decorate lol... Best of luck with it... At least it is easier to do it now rather than once baba arrives!

One tip I would have is that if your only going for baby stuff and other household niknaks, then avoid starting at the very front of the store as its all furniture for various rooms. Its one loooooong walk around the whole store! We went straight to the restaurant and beside that is the baby section. Then the lifts are there also to bring you downstairs to the household section with all the small house furnishings etc.[/quote]

Definitely- we do this nearly every time now. Otherwise you end up stuck behind granny, grandad and family of 5 just out for a browse and 3 hours later u might find what you came to get :) the checkout qs can be mad at the weekends too so if ur looking for something in the warehouse at the end send oh to q while u look or vice versa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I'm about halfway through the packing now and i'm tired... why do we accumulate so much ****e !!! :pac: Anyway, I'm for the gp on Thursday which is 35 weeks and then I have to transfer to Mayo, moving on Friday, I just wish it was done now, the waiting is killing me :eek:

• Advertisement

Woohoo, I'm in my new house sitting at a lovely log fire lit in the stove, and the house is gorgeous and I'm about half way unpacked. What a mentally hectic week. But worth it. I have my kids coming to their new home on Tuesday as they're with their dad for a long weekend so they'll arrive to everything put away and a calm Mammy :pac:
    How's everyone getting on now? The countdown is starting now, I suppose i better get out and buy some nappies and stuff a vest or a babygro and maybe think about packing a bag .. 5/7 weeks to go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭margo321

Good luck in your new home :) nov won't be long coming. I'm down to less than 4 weeks. I can't believe it!
    Woohoo, I'm in my new house sitting at a lovely log fire lit in the stove, and the house is gorgeous and I'm about half way unpacked. What a mentally hectic week. But worth it. I have my kids coming to their new home on Tuesday as they're with their dad for a long weekend so they'll arrive to everything put away and a calm Mammy :pac:
    How's everyone getting on now? The countdown is starting now, I suppose i better get out and buy some nappies and stuff a vest or a babygro and maybe think about packing a bag .. 5/7 weeks to go :)

That's great going - congrats!
    My app now says 2 weeks 6 days to go - seeing 2 weeks is a bit scary 😳 have the bags packed (finally) and took down and washed the 0-3 mth stuff last week. The vests look so tiny, I can't wait to have a lil squishy baby in my arms again 😠OH is just now decorating the baby's room... Lastminute.com... I want to get a new floor in the living room in the next 2 wks as the dog has this carpet destroyed and these nesting hormones have me driven mad trying to clean everything and being totally paranoid about germs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Hey ladies, well my babies arrived on the 4/10. My waters broke the night before.they are amazing! A girl and boy. I can't keep my eyes off them, they probably think I'm mad:)Unfortunately things didn't to plan for me and I got septic shock after the deliverly so didn't get to see them for 3 days. It has kind of scuppered my plans at Breastfeeding too as I am still quite weak. I started expressing on Thursday but only getting 20-30ml per session. Anyone know if I can improve it?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Hey ladies, well my babies arrived on the 4/10. My waters broke the night before.they are amazing! A girl and boy. I can't keep my eyes off them, they probably think I'm mad:)Unfortunately things didn't to plan for me and I got septic shock after the deliverly so didn't get to see them for 3 days. It has kind of scuppered my plans at Breastfeeding too as I am still quite weak. I started expressing on Thursday but only getting 20-30ml per session. Anyone know if I can improve it?

Oh wow orchid congratulations on your 2 little beauties, I'm sorry to hear you had a rough time after! What weight were they? Any names?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭margo321

Congratulations, enjoy every moment. Hope the breastfeeding works out for you. I've no clue sorry.

Congrats! One of each! Sorry to hear you had a tough time of it though. Take it as easy as you can and take any and all help offered.
    Re breast feeding would the hospital loan you a double pump for a while? If not enquire about renting one if u can. The ladies on the breast feeding support group in newborn and toddlers know their stuff so I'd recommend u post there as I'm sure they'll have some good advice and encouragement. Last time I tried fennel tea and lots of oats (porridge, flapjacks etc) to boost supply but I don't think they did much- only feeding as much and as often as baby seemed to work. A lactation consultant told a friend she could try motilium too but I think you should discuss that with a doc first. Ur phn may be able to help (I found the ones in my area hit n miss-2 great ones who are mums themselves and others had no clue/interest in bfing). Or look up a la leche league contact. It's definitely not too late to get it going! Expressing is tough going tho so don't beat yourself up if it doesn't! Is it possible to feed the babies yourself at all? I generally got v little expressing but baby seemed to get plenty and from what I've read babies are much more efficient than any pump and hence will build up ur supply quicker..
    Congrats again-enjoy this snuggly time-it goes so quick! And you get twice the snuggles!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Congrats orchids pretty!! So sorry to hear about your hard time. Delighted to hear about your beautiful twins.

Try not to stress about pumping, it's best done when relaxed. A double electric pump would definitely be best . And perhaps look at your babies or pics /videos of them whilst pumping! It really helps!! You will express larger amounts as time goes on. :) best of luck. Try contacting cuidi for support also!!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭painauchocolat

Congratulations Orchid! Hope you're feeling a bit better at this stage. Best of luck with the feeding, whatever route you go

• Registered Users Posts: 19 emmcc

Congrats Orchidsrpretty. Sorry to hear it was a tough time for you. I'm sure the 2 little bundles make it all worth it though. x

Congratulations orchidspretty, and welcome to the world babies !! You had such a rough time, but, it's the time after when you look at them you realise you'd go through it all again..What have you called them?Nettle drops are supposed to increase your supply, you can pick it up in the health shop.. there's lots of natural foods to that i can't remember now cos my brain is house move fried!! :D Have a look at breastfeeding thread or post there for proper up to date tips ;)
    Well Done ;)

Julo12. : 2nd Nov - Holles St - surprise
    Speckledhen. : 2nd Nov, 1st time - surprise - Cork
    Flippyfloppy. : 3 Nov, Coombe, surprise!!! 2nd baby.
    lainycool : 11th November Coombe 2nd baby-boy
    Cbyrd. : 13th (probably 27th) November, 5th baby, planned, Drogheda
    lisad90 :nov 15th portiuncla . 1st baby very excited
    Orchidsrpretty : 17th- holles street- 1st babies- surprises.
    Natty_asha. : 18th - st Luke's Kilkenny - 2nd baby - boy
    painauchocolat: 20 Nov, Holles St., first pregnancy, surprise
    One ill cat. : Due 22 Nov First baby - girl
    Emmac. : 28th of November, Portiuncula. First pregnancy, surprise

Arrivals

Orchidsrpretty :4/10/14 : boy and girl.

Thanks ladies, couldn't be happier. My little girl is coming home today so really looking forward to being together and getting into a routine etc. having the little boy home first has been great as it's given us a bit of practice before being landed with two!

Thats brilliant news Orchidspretty ! How is everything going with the feeding?

I got my new GP here in Mayo and he's so nice. He was disgusted at the state of my notes from the hospital. He flicked through them and said 'these are illegible!! How on earth am I supposed to use these! This is €20,000 right here for ineptitude, and do you se this (pointing to one note) another 20,000 for writing in blue pen on ante-natal notes!'.
    I laughed my ass off.. Trouble is he was serious. ! He wrote a letter for the hospital and faxed it off then rang them to make sure they got it so I have my first app on Tuesday at 3pm. Full booking app again with a scan and meet the midwives!! They asked me to bring my notes and they'll do up a new set as the GP had told them too!! :O
    I have a good bit of the unpacking done, I'd probably have it all done but in the last 4 days I feel like baby has doubled in size. Whatever nerve she's lying on is killing my right leg. From my pubic bone to my knee. So I gave up and took to the couch. :D the kids have settled in brilliantly. Thank god. My eldest is starting her new school on monday. It'll be good to be in a routine before my new one gets here!
    I also realised yesterday I'm into countdown in days. 26/40 scary thought :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭natty_asha

congrats Orchidspretty, good to hear things are going good for you. Hopefully you'll settle into a nice routine now with both babies at home.

Good to hear you've settled in well Cbyrd, it can't have been easy moving at this stage of pregnancy. Your right to take to the couch now and rest up! By the sounds of it you have a very thorough new doc so you should be in good hands.

Hope everyone else is keeping well and enjoying the last few weeks if thats possible! 4 weeks left here and baby is still measuring ahead and hasn't dropped yet so breathing is becoming more of a struggle everyday!

• Advertisement

So I've had my first appointment with Mayo General and I have to say I'm impressed.. it was so much more relaxed than Drogheda and they agree with me that the numbers that came back in the diabetes test suggest I don't have diabetes!! But because I have been testing they want me back into the diabetic clinic tomorrow for a check up on the bloods. They also couldn't use my notes, there were no blood results and the gp and consultant notes were all over the place so they just did a full history again, with bloods and a scan, all done in about an hour and ten mins.. I couldn't believe it !! :D

On a scarier note, baby is weighing in at 8 and a half pounds :eek::eek::eek: my heaviest baby was 7lbs 10ozs, and I still have 3/5 odd weeks to go :(:( my poor lady bits... She's doing fine and I have lost 5 and a half pounds, I'd say it's due to the move and being so busy getting everything done in a week, from getting the house to physically getting into it..

I have managed to get all the ingredients for my hospital bag, just a matter of putting them all in the same place now and I'm good to go.
    I have a nice relaxing 5 days without the kids over the weekend as they're back in Meath with their dad for some extra time for midterm. I have to say I am seriously looking forward to the clocks going back and everything taking a slower pace next week. I'm loving it in my new house and town and meeting the midwives yesterday really took that weight off my mind. :D
    November is only a week and 2 days away... where has the year gone :eek:

So, I was in the diabetic clinic yesterday and while my bloods are fine the baby is measuring 2 weeks ahead, so I was told I won't be allowed go any more than 3 days over at most, I should have been told earlier but drogheda has seemed just to herd me in and out without this information.. It's standard practice once you go through this clinic.. So I have at most 23 days left... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

So, I was in the diabetic clinic yesterday and while my bloods are fine the baby is measuring 2 weeks ahead, so I was told I won't be allowed go any more than 3 days over at most, I should have been told earlier but drogheda has seemed just to herd me in and out without this information.. It's standard practice once you go through this clinic.. So I have at most 23 days left... :eek:

Sounds similar to me cbyrd, I was told I most likely don't have GD based on second bloods but he's still measuring big! 10 days over for me would be Christmas Day so I'd be happy with that tbh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Very exciting cbyrd!
    I had my clinic on Tuesday and they are still not happy with my levels so I have to ring the midwives with my weeks worth of sugar levels and the doctors will decide then if I need to go on insulin for the last week, I hope I don't but they are still not coming down!

I'm booked in for my section on the 10th of November although I have strong suspicions I won't get that far, I've been having pains and I think part of my mucous plug has been lost!

I have my last visit to the diabetic clinic on the 4th of November.......I will not miss that place :D

Saw my consultant yesterday and seeing as he asked if I had any qs I asked him if he had any inkling as to when baby might make an appearance. He put it that I was to see my gp in 1 wk and him in 2 wks but he didn't really reckon he'd be seeing me again.. Agh! Not that I think he's basing that on anything other than 2nd baby and that it seems to be a good size (so possibly measuring ahead too but Holles st don't seem to alter their 10 day policy for that).
    I'm pretty much ready now anyway as don't want to 'waste' too much more of my leave on my lonesome!
    Anyone else going crazy cooking and cleaning?? I'm all out of containers I have so much stuff in the freezer and I decided the coat cupboard had to be cleaned out today so I have 5 jackets waiting to go to the dry cleaners!!

Moving house has taken nesting to the extreme :D. I have 1 room left to sort and that's happening this weekend when the kids are down with their dad til Tuesday! Then I intend lying up for midterm, no early school runs. I'm with the GP next thurs and back in the hospital the following thurs when they'll give me my induction date. He said from 2 days before to 3 days after my due date depending on the next growth scan. I was actually counting in my 14 days overdue..(My last 3 were 14 days overdue!) It was such a shock when he said it!! It seems so very close... :O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Cbyrd, do you mind me asking was it just the regular clinics you were attending in Drogheda?

No, I was attending the diabetic clinic every 2nd thursday, then when the bloods weren't going up they pushed it out to ever 3 weeks.

With my other pregnancies I would've only seen the midwives who gave you information and actually spoke to you, this time it was the diabetic doc's and the baby doc's and they'd tell you nothing! Or so I'm fast learning up here, the amount of information I have gotten about why when my bloods were normal I'm still having to attend the diabetes clinic made so much sense, rather than me steaming away knowing my bloods are fine and wondering what they have against me :pac:

Spent about 3 hours last night with false labour pains.. I knew they were fakers cos they were too high up and too close together. But it ruined my sleep. I usually only got these kinds of pains when I was overdue. So now I'm wondering if I'm going to go a little earlier, but its probably wishful thinking on my part.. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Spent about 3 hours last night with false labour pains.. I knew they were fakers cos they were too high up and too close together. But it ruined my sleep. I usually only got these kinds of pains when I was overdue. So now I'm wondering if I'm going to go a little earlier, but its probably wishful thinking on my part.. :rolleyes:

Me too! And I'm sorry ladies but I haven't stopped getting sick since 6pm last night. I can't even keep water down :(

Advertisement