Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brit Floyd V Australian Pink Floyd

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭furiousox

Yeah great show, really enjoyed it despite the 3 drunk ar$eholes seated beside me.
    Why do people go to gigs and then talk to each other the whole way through?
    STFU!! :mad:

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Chelon

Awesome show, far better than the Aussies at the Olympia(far too small).

Only quibbles would be: only one inflatable....and what happened to the mirrorball?

At €35 a bit of a steal for a show of this quality. I know it's a tribute band but all I can say is, if you *are* a Floyd fan then you *will* love it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭furiousox

Yeah no mirrorball, no lasers and one sad looking non-flying inflatable pig. :(
    I preferred it to the Aussie show though.
    I think that act had become too sterile and polished, last night was a bit more...organic??
    Best numbers for me were 'See Emily Play', Echoes (wow!) and 'The Great Gig In The Sky' (great vocalist and she stayed true to the original version without going ott, she fully deserved the standing ovation)

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 24,135 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Got the text off danniemcq last during the week and went along with our respective other halves. Great show. I'd seen TAPFS in the O2 about three years ago and really enjoyed it then, Brit Floyd are every bit as good if not better! I had a stupid grin on my face for most of the show :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 milewidehead

RayCon wrote: »
    €35 + booking fee to see a tribute act ...*shakes head*

Serious Tribute bands try hard every time they go out to be faithful to and as good as the "Originals".
    The "Originals" meanwhile have fallen out, are just wearily going through the motions for the money,or are dead. (I once saw Mark Knopfler 'perform' a very rushed and tired version of his own classic 'Sultans of Swing' at a Dire Straits gig. 'Dire' indeed.) Tribute bands are what they are - good, bad, and trying hard.
    Brit Floyd were excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭mrbig

That was a great performance, was definitly worth the price of admission.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 47 milewidehead

The DVD was excellent too, if a bit awkward to use - (probably just me!.)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Just outta curiousity anyone know what its like getting stuff back thats lost in the o2?

Lost my camera (damn pints with sleepy meant i had to loosen my belt to give my bladder space and it dropped off the belt!) at the gig and tried teh website "wefoundit" that security mentioned but no luck.

Just wondering are there others that people use? camera was a present from my better half!

Gig was fecking brilliant though. Will be heading again if they play!

Advertisement