Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Navy - Notre Dame, 2012 [TOUTING IS FORBIDDEN AND WILL LEAD TO PERMABANS: #205 #628]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭decies

I ended up get accomadtion in new lands cross lol, think they have courtesy buses to avavia stadium? I wonder is there something else on that weekend with the complete lack of rooms anywhere .!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭TimThomas

decies wrote: »
    I ended up get accomadtion in new lands cross lol, think they have courtesy buses to avavia stadium? I wonder is there something else on that weekend with the complete lack of rooms anywhere .!!!

25,000 American are travelling over. That number alone is enough to fill most Dublin hotels in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I got a twin room in the Leeson Hotel for that night. Just booked it earlier today, €90. Laterooms.com. Must still get a match ticket though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

flashman10 wrote: »
    just rang ticketmaster and they said tickets were currently off sale but to keep checking the site cause they may return.. sly mark marketing ply in my book. hope im right!

I hope so too!

Mabey there will be returns from the American allocations in the coming months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

decies wrote: »
    Accomadation seems to be none existing in the area, can anybody recommend hotel with good access to the avia stadium?

You could stay anywhere on the DART line really, check out places in Blackrock, Dun Laoghaire, Bray or Howth, Malahide and Clontarf. PLenty of options. Dun Laoghaire has the Royal Marine and the Kingston Hotel also plenty of B&B's all 5min walk to the DART station and 20mins on the DART.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭USNA1991

I hope so too!

Mabey there will be returns from the American allocations in the coming months.

Navy & ND are both oversubscribed, so dont expect any from there.

The best chance is from the travel agents that were given loads of tickets to sell in their expensive packages. Most people I know who are coming over sorted out their own travel plans and only need tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,153 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

USNA1991 wrote: »
    Navy & ND are both oversubscribed, so dont expect any from there.

The best chance is from the travel agents that were given loads of tickets to sell in their expensive packages. Most people I know who are coming over sorted out their own travel plans and only need tickets.

http://www.emeraldisleclassic.com/package/

You can see here that most of them are sold out too

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭USNA1991

There appears to be 2 database presales (postsales?) going on once again for the game

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004788A7926400?artistid=1672929&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=102

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Wow, well that's annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Rocko

Has anyone rang ticketmaster.......Does anyone know if they are back on sale in the morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭webpal

I was online before 10 and nothing was happening. rang ticketmaster at 10.10 and they said all allocated tickets were gone (although i think she was fobbing me off). Strange that these tickets are not available on ticketmaster.ie when you search but when you go through the link above the event is there. Did anyone have any luck?

webpal wrote: »
    I was online before 10 and nothing was happening. rang ticketmaster at 10.10 and they said all allocated tickets were gone (although i think she was fobbing me off). Strange that these tickets are not available on ticketmaster.ie when you search but when you go through the link above the event is there. Did anyone have any luck?

the event has been there for months, it doesn't mean anything unfortunately. There were no tickets on general sale this morning (or since Tuesday), there was "database presale" which no one seems to have details of!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Ticketmaster is a fcuking sham of a company. Been online since 10 this morning too. What a waste of a morning...

Jokeshop!! :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭brick tamland

I'd be evry confident there will be more tickets on sale soon. Seemed to be only a few blocks on sale on tuesdy, maybe up to 5k max I reckon. For FAI games in aviva the FAI only give the certain blocks to sell similar to how Tuesday went. Keep an eye on that link i imagine there will be some for sale soon

Fow what its worth i got tickets at 10.30 on tuesday. Some searches were showing no tickets available in certain areas of the ground/price levels. That would be because Ticketmaster were not given any seats to sell in those areas/ranges. Still tickmaster are cnuts at the best of times but this might not be their fault

Will the bars be open in the AVIVA for this does anyone know?

telekon wrote: »
    Ticketmaster is a fcuking sham of a company. Been online since 10 this morning too. What a waste of a morning...

Jokeshop!! :mad::mad::mad:

am i not seeing something? why were people expecting ticket sales this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MoneyMilo

am i not seeing something? why were people expecting ticket sales this morning?

It says on the ticketmaster event page that there was to be another sale beginning this morning until wednesday. Another consummate display of service from ticketbastards.

MoneyMilo wrote: »
    It says on the ticketmaster event page that there was to be another sale beginning this morning until wednesday. Another consummate display of service from ticketbastards.

It's says a database presale starts this morning, not general sale....

It's says a database presale starts this morning, not general sale....

If you check this thread from Tuesday, people got tickets off the ticketmaster website so fair enough if we expected the same today...

If you check this thread from Tuesday, people got tickets off the ticketmaster website so fair enough if we expected the same today...

not really, i hate to defend ticketmaster but the sites says: General Sale on Tuesday, DB Presale 1 on Thursday and DB Presale 2 today.

Will the bars be open in the AVIVA for this does anyone know?

The honest answer is nobody knows yet. its been debated a bit. We'll just have to wait and see.

• Advertisement

Looks like it's sold out

http://www.americanfootball.ie/navy-v-notre-dame-sold-out/

Disappointing to say the least

Looks like it's sold out

http://www.americanfootball.ie/navy-v-notre-dame-sold-out/

Disappointing to say the least

Didn't realise that many tickets were pre sold to the American market, i thought it was 25000. No wonder they flew out the door on Tuesday, there must have been only 15000 - 20000 available in the general sale.

So disappointing. And i reckon the touts will have a field day so i won't even bother with them.

Still haven't seen one comment from anyone in the US about numbers travelling.

Just loads of articles saying "it is reported" "it is estimated" etc etc

I'm not saying the numbers are wrong, but can anyone see any facts to back these 'reported' figurse up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Didn't realise that many tickets were pre sold to the American market, i thought it was 25000. No wonder they flew out the door on Tuesday, there must have been only 15000 - 20000 available in the general sale.

So disappointing. And i reckon the touts will have a field day so i won't even bother with them.

I don't know much about touts or how they get all their tickets but with such a big block going to the States and a significant amount of out tickets going to presales, I wonder will they have gotten their hands on as many tickets as they normally would?

Not to mention that the ticketmaster general sales were limited to two per sale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 conall.doherty

Might sound stupid, but why was there so many tickets released to American market. Think its great that theres a following coming over and who am i too begrudge loyal nd/navy fans following their team BUT

surely this game is being staged to promote the game in Ireland/UK and it seems that alot of people who would have wanted to go to the game have been prevented to because the majority of the stadium has went to american market/corporates. Why stage the game here if locals can get the opportunity to go. will it even be broadcast on Irish tv?

Might sound stupid, but why was there so many tickets released to American market. Think its great that theres a following coming over and who am i too begrudge loyal nd/navy fans following their team BUT

surely this game is being staged to promote the game in Ireland/UK and it seems that alot of people who would have wanted to go to the game have been prevented to because the majority of the stadium has went to american market/corporates. Why stage the game here if locals can get the opportunity to go. will it even be broadcast on Irish tv?

the game was staged to bring tourists into country primarily I'd imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

TBH, I think the staging of this game in Dublin was to organise a junket for wealthy alumni, boosters, boards of trustees etc. Plus the carrot of possible foreign trips for the players probably helps with recruiting as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭brick tamland

I still think there will be a lot more tickets on sale here befor the game

• Advertisement

Its in Dublin to make money. No other reason.

I'm not knocking it, but thats the way it is

Advertisement