Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2013 Cooking Club Week 27 Summer Cold Chicken Curry for Salad

Options
  • 12-07-2013 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭

Last minute change to my planned recipe. We are in France on holidays and I am having difficulty in getting my laptop on the web to upload the photos. I was planning to give a Beef Stroganoff recipe but also figure that it is quite hot for that at the moment. I will post it in at a later stage.

So this is a without photos Summer Chicken Curry for use in a summer salad or BBQ. Also possibly called Coronation Chicken. Got the recipe from my wife.

Ingredients. Serves 4
    Dry ingredients:
    4 chicken breasts cooked, diced and cold.
    3 chopped scallions.
    2 oz flaked almonds.
    2 oz dried apricots quartered.
    Handful of raisins / sultanas.

Wet ingredients:
    1 pot natural yogurt
    2-3 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
    Half a teaspoon of mild curry powder (or to taste).
    2 tablespoons of mango chutney (or to taste)

Method:
    1. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together.
    2. Place in large serving bowl.
    3. As a garnish sprinkle with more flaked almonds and chopped coriander.

Tip: as a vegetarian option,replace the cooked chicken with Penne/ Tortiglioni or other solid pasta.

Enjoy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Thanks for that. I love Coronation Chicken.

I find it difficult to think of something to serve as a main meal in this heat. I will be preparing this over the weekend (may even by really lazy and buy the chicken ready cooked so I don't have to turn on the oven and add to the heat in the kitchen!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Sounds perfect for the current heat. "Pure" salads don't go down too well with my men, so will give this a try!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

dixiefly I've just made this with pasta because we already have meat organised for dinner. It's really good and I'm going to have trouble keeping away from it between now and then :)

Hope you're having a great holiday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

dixiefly I've just made this with pasta because we already have meat organised for dinner. It's really good and I'm going to have trouble keeping away from it between now and then :)

Hope you're having a great holiday!

Thanks Dizzyblonde, hope you enjoyed it.

Yes, having a great time. At a campsite near the alps Le Coin Tranquille. It's small and very well run with a great restaurant. Unfortunately we are leaving tomorrow!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

It was amazing, we all loved it - and it's something I'll definitely make again. I'll make it with chicken too.
    Well, if you have to come home tomorrow at least the weather is good here :)

• Advertisement

Yes, weather sounds fab.

Glad you enjoyed the recipe. It had been on my mind before as a summer recipe topost but I had done the photos etc for a stroganoff.too hot for oven cooking especially as we get the hot weather so seldom.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

When you have time, will you put your stroganoff recipe in the Random Recipes thread? I can never get stroganoff to taste nice! It always ends up being quite bland.

Faith wrote: »
    When you have time, will you put your stroganoff recipe in the Random Recipes thread? I can never get stroganoff to taste nice! It always ends up being quite bland.

Will do....or I can send it to you for inclusion if there is a no show on the Cookery Club some week.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Made this today, delicous, was just perfect for a late Sunday lunch. Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

I made this the other day

5xjXcP_thumb.jpg

Tasty. I probably overdid the scallions :o

OH wasn't so keen, so I had plenty for lunch the next day too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Stepping Stone

Having a bit of a Jan slump so made this again cos I needed a change from soup/ stew, etc. Wow, I had forgotten how good it actually is. A huge hit in my house. Thanks!:D

Having a bit of a Jan slump so made this again cos I needed a change from soup/ stew, etc. Wow, I had forgotten how good it actually is. A huge hit in my house. Thanks!:D
    Great, glad you enjoyed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Possibly a silly question, but what size pot of natural yoghurt? Planning to make this tonight, so help quickly please! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I made this several times over the summer and forgot to post here to say thanks, it's lovely!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I too would like to know what size pot of yoghurt we are talking about. Is it a large 500g pot or a small standard size pot (around 125g)? Can anyone answer?

I'm pretty sure it's a small pot of yoghurt.

I made this using a whole, cold roast chicken and it was absolutely delicious.

I'm pretty sure it's a small pot of yoghurt.

Yes it is the smaller pot of yoghurt per 4 chicken breasts.

Glad people are enjoying the recipe.

I've got a whole chicken in the slow cooker to make this again later. I'm really looking forward to it.

2nbdc2r.jpg

Scrumptious as ever.

• Advertisement
Advertisement