Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Massey 165 lift issues .

Options
  • 08-03-2015 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

No position control, I mean it is either up or down, there is no in-between, height cannot be set :confused:

I would appreciate any help, going tearing at it tomorrow :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

If no-one else answers, I'll ask a mate on monday, he's an mf 100 series guru. I used to know the answer, but I've forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Thelostcountry

If no-one else answers, I'll ask a mate on monday, he's an mf 100 series guru. I used to know the answer, but I've forgotten.

any news lad :D

any news lad :D

Shyt* - I forgot, I'll give him a bell now. :o

Roish - take off the lift cover - somthing underneath in the linkages has gone askew - he said it's usually one of the rollers that works on the activators, but if you open the cover up, he reckoned you'd see what has gone adrift fairly immediatly..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Is there not a side inspection panel that can be removed which shows linkages?

• Advertisement

Sound Lads. Will try all suggestions .

Cheers.

Dunno - and I should, I have a 165..:o The lad I asked restores them for a living and that's what he said to do -lift cover off....

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭marlyman

Remove side inspection cover on the.
    Tie twine around roller and pop it out.
    Remove diverter valve from top cover gently
    Loft cover and inspect.
    Post pics once done
    No position control, I mean it is either up or down, there is no in-between, height cannot be set :confused:

I would appreciate any help, going tearing at it tomorrow :rolleyes:

Maybe he meant the side one so? He was under a jeep when I rang him, so the description was brief and interrupted by cursing and sounds of stuff falling. :D

Maybe he meant the side one so? He was under a jeep when I rang him, so the description was brief and interrupted by cursing and sounds of stuff falling. :D

At the end of the day you would be taking the top off to get access to whatever the problem is no doubt like you said earlier.

• Advertisement

At the end of the day you would be taking the top off to get access to whatever the problem is no doubt like you said earlier.

Mines been parked in the shed for 5 years now. I've forgotten everything about how it works. I used to live in/under/on it. :D They're kinda "gone" now, relegated to turning hay, scraping yards and doing tractor runs. It's all big JD yokes now.

Alot of work got done on farms before the big john deeres came, what work i did with a 35x. Its all 4wd 150 plus hp tractors now. How times change. Farms have not got any bigger.

Alot of work got done on farms before the big john deeres came, what work i did with a 35x. Its all 4wd 150 plus hp tractors now. How times change. Farms have not got any bigger.

Now you need to rush back in for X-Factor though....times scarce....cough...

Now you need to rush back in for X-Factor though....times scarce....cough...

That and they cant afford to keep diesel in them.

That and they cant afford to keep diesel in them.

Or the bank paid....

Or the bank paid....

Its costly keeping up with the jones for sure, the big house, landcruiser and the 151 car.

The brother fixed lift, he never really told me what he done tho....ignorant bastid :rolleyes:

Advertisement