The Funny Side of not being straight. - Page 29 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-03-2015, 00:24   #421
Paddy C

I liked her earlier stuff, can't say I bothered listening to her later albums. The last single I heard of hers was "My Love Is Your Love".
Advertisement
15-03-2015, 23:51   #422
BetterThanThou

Any time anyone lets the F word slip, I love giving them a look of disgust as if I'm seriously offended, they always go silent. In reality I couldn't care, as far as I'm concerned, that word has evolved from being a slur directed at homosexuals.
16-03-2015, 16:36   #423
daithi84

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterThanThou View Post
Any time anyone lets the F word slip, I love giving them a look of disgust as if I'm seriously offended, they always go silent. In reality I couldn't care, as far as I'm concerned, that word has evolved from being a slur directed at homosexuals.
Totally disagree, the F word (which rhymes with maggot) to me is never acceptable and extremely offensive.
(3) thanks from:
16-03-2015, 16:53   #424
BetterThanThou

Quote:
Originally Posted by daithi84 View Post
Totally disagree, the F word (which rhymes with maggot) to me is never acceptable and extremely offensive.
I totally understand why many other homosexuals would be offended by the word, and I respect their opinion, I just personally feel the word has totally evolved and no longer really means what it originally did. South Park even had an entire episode dedicated to this, and pretty much explains how I feel about the word. Though of course, it's also a matter of context, even though the word doesn't offend me, it has been used in certain contexts that have offended me in the past.
16-03-2015, 17:07   #425
daithi84

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterThanThou View Post
I totally understand why many other homosexuals would be offended by the word, and I respect their opinion, I just personally feel the word has totally evolved and no longer really means what it originally did. South Park even had an entire episode dedicated to this, and pretty much explains how I feel about the word. Though of course, it's also a matter of context, even though the word doesn't offend me, it has been used in certain contexts that have offended me in the past.
For me the word has not evolved and i wouldn't want it to, it makes me very uncomfortable. Some of my gay friends use it jokingly between them, like in a play way but i wouldn't want the word used in any fashion or adopted in that way. Its just a word of pure hate to me.

This is just my opinion; everyone can allow people to call them whatever they like. I dont mind the word 'fag' being used jovially between gay people but the other f word sends chills down my spine. Just me is all. each to their own.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
16-03-2015, 19:20   #426
Aard

For me I don't mind the word ****** so much. It's become just as bland as any of the other "bad words" for gays.

Conversely, what sends chills down my spine (ok maybe not to such an extent) is when gay people use the word "fag" to describe each other. It's a combination of cringe and disgust when I hear it.

I prefer to use the word homosexual, but then I discovered that some people don't like that word either. End of the day -- you can't win really, so just use whichever word you like
16-03-2015, 22:13   #427
Ash885

I despise the word. A gay friend of mine used it twice to call me and instantly said sorry before he even saw my reaction. I don't get it's appeal even as a term of enderment...*shudder*
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Share Tweet