Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rosemount Business Park

Options
  • 13-05-2015 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭

Is there any pedestrian access to here off the Ballycoolin road?
    I typed my journey into a route planner and its leading me down to the main entrance which would leave me with half a mile of a walk to where I need to go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Yes that whole road has a footpath on both sides, it's a big enough estate too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Where are you heading to in there, it's a big enough park ? There's a gate, or used to be anyway, what would only be open in the morning that brings you down beside IBM and Paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Where are you heading to in there, it's a big enough park ? There's a gate, or used to be anyway, what would only be open in the morning that brings you down beside IBM and Paypal.
    Isn't that into Ballycoolin Industrial Estate rather than Rosemount though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Gael23 wrote: »
    Is there any pedestrian access to here off the Ballycoolin road?
    I typed my journey into a route planner and its leading me down to the main entrance which would leave me with half a mile of a walk to where I need to go.

My understanding is that the main entrance on the Ballycoolin Road, is the only entrance into Rosemount Business Park from that side of the estate.

fletch wrote: »
    Isn't that into Ballycoolin Industrial Estate rather than Rosemount though

True. They all blend into one after a while. If we know where roughly, someone might be able to identify a short cut or quicker route.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I'm going to Commtec, it's near the front but according to google maps it's a 1km walk from the nearest bus stop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

:)
    Gael23 wrote: »
    I'm going to Commtec, it's near the front but according to google maps it's a 1km walk from the nearest bus stop
    Apologies in advance, but if you are anyway half fit or healthy that is no more than a 15 minutes walk :)

Yeah, 10 minutes at a reasonable pace.

Where would be good places to live if I end up working there? Obviously Blanchardstown itself but where else is accessible by public transport?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Waterville in Blanchardstown is a 10 minute walk to the Industrial Estate if you wanted to live somewhere decent and avoid needing public transport altogether. If you want to commute to work by bus, the industrial estate is served by the 17A and 40D...neither of which go through areas I'd particularly want to live in.

• Advertisement

athtrasna wrote: »
    Waterville in Blanchardstown is a 10 minute walk to the Industrial Estate if you wanted to live somewhere decent and avoid needing public transport altogether. If you want to commute to work by bus, the industrial estate is served by the 17A and 40D...neither of which go through areas I'd particularly want to live in.

Yeah was thinking that myself, maybe Glasnevin being a slight exception. Without knowing the area and looking at maps, the 38 doesn't look that far away.
    I'll take a look at waterville too

the industrial estate is served by the 17A and 40D...neither of which go through areas I'd particularly want to live in.

40D serves Tyrrelstown, which is also within walking distance, and Glasnevin, nothing wrong with there.

It doesn't even serve much of Finglas anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭Polar101

Waterville in Blanchardstown is a 10 minute walk to the Industrial Estate

Only if you walk really, really fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Polar101 wrote: »
    Only if you walk really, really fast.

Have done it numerous times when I've left my car in for a service at Discount Tyres?

Went there today, it wasn't that long at all. Having said that on a wet winter morning it may not feel so short.
    Theres no pedestrian shortcut through, you have to go right down to the main entrance but it really isn't that far.

Advertisement