Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

M21 - Limerick to Rathkeale/Foynes [advance works to commence shortly]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Treepole wrote: »
    Any leaks on this?
    Would be very surprised if it made it as far as next Tuesday without news on the preferred route slipping out.

Nadda......Their security budget must be fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 quizzical

Not a dicky bird!...... I'm so surprised it has been kept so quite....

quizzical wrote: »
    Not a dicky bird!...... I'm so surprised it has been kept so quite....

I'm still expecting clowns and a parade....

I'd also like some sort of countdown on the website...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

dashoonage wrote: »
    Thats just to replace the wild Atlantic way signs and to paint the ferrybridge again.

Why are they replacing WAW signs?

D Trent wrote: »
    Why are they replacing WAW signs?

Wrong shade of brown used in them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Wrong shade of brown used in them.

Wtf

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH were getting close now.......

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭rliston

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH were getting close now.......

And still no leaks!

rliston wrote: »
    And still no leaks!

someone....somewhere...knows....

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭pajoguy

someone....somewhere...knows....

The printers even know!

• Advertisement

Yay! clowns!

See post #137

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

@foyneslimerick: Public Display of Preferred Route Corridor for Foynes to Limerick commences at 2pm on 1st Dec, see foyneslimerick.ie

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

From the website

Drawings and a brochure outlining the preferred route corridor will be available at the public display sessions, the Mid West National Road Design Office and on the project website at www.foyneslimerick.ie from 2pm on Tuesday 1st December 2015

so what your saying is drawings will be available form 2pm on Dec 1st ?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭rliston

Looks like the website is ready to go, there's a password protected page for December Public Display

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Sam Russell - @dashoonage : Constructive replies only, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 YeaYeaSure

Route 3 . Orange bas been selected.

From the website.

There have been four amendments to Route Corridor Option 3 (Orange) since the public consultation in March 2015 as described and shown in the map below:

Moving the corridor by approximately 350m to the north in the townlands of Rincullia and Craggs to avoid a sensitive ecological habitat along the Ahacronane River.

Moving the corridor by approximately 250m to the east in the townlands of Boolaglass and Nantinan to further avoid a Cashel in Milltown North which is subject to a Preservation Order under the National Monuments Acts.

Moving the corridor by approximately 100m to the west in the townland of Kyletaun to further avoid St Joseph’s Cemetery.

Including a section of Route Corridor Option 1 (Red) to connect with the existing N69 to the west of Askeaton through the townlands of Ballyellinan, Ballycullen and Cloonreask.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Very good route.
    Adare bypass, n21 as far as Rathkeale, utilises existing Rathkeale bypass, link road to Askeaton.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 YeaYeaSure

I can see a lot of HGV's not using it as they went such a round about way. Wont be too much time saved for them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

M21 & M518? :)

YeaYeaSure wrote: »
    I can see a lot of HGV's not using it as they went such a round about way. Wont be too much time saved for them.

It'll be a straight wide road that stays out of towns and villages and connects directly to the M20, M7, N18 and N21, unlike the current N69. I'd be amazed if they didn't use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

It'll be a straight wide road that stays out of towns and villages and connects directly to the M20, M7, N18 and N21, unlike the current N69. I'd be amazed if they didn't use it.

As long as it's not tolled of course they will use it. The Foynes - Limerick Railway would be a bigger disincentive for hauliers to not use the new road.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

Deedsie wrote: »
    As long as it's not tolled of course they will use it. The Foynes - Limerick Railway would be a bigger disincentive for hauliers to not use the new road.

Can't be tolled as its EU funded.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭guylikeme

Can't be tolled as its EU funded.

Didn't watergrasshill have that anomaly?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

If it's tolled I would imagine they wouldn't raise enough revenue to pay for the cost of operating the toll plaza

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

YeaYeaSure wrote: »
    That slapping sound is the HGV ban being put on Askeaton. They'll use the new road alright.

Wonder how this'll be numbered. Will the existing N69 be downgraded? I'm thinking not as it's a tourist route, no?

In which case the new Rathkeale-Foynes road will need a new number.

I reckon it'll be a motorway from Adare to the Rathkeale bypass.

spacetweek wrote: »
    That slapping sound is the HGV ban being put on Askeaton. They'll use the new road alright.
    Askeaton was bypassed in the 1980s, I can't see HGV's being banned from the bypass.

Kildimo/Clarina/Mungret may be subject to a HGV ban alright

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭270WIN

was in south court tonight...dual carriage way from adare to rathkeale...single road from rathkeale to foynes...how in the name of god is this of benefit to foynes!!!

Advertisement