Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lessons / Teachers [Post here only]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 el123456

Tin Whistle and traditional Flute Lessons Available - Tipperary Area
    Very Experienced Whistle Player
    Group and individual Lessons available
    PM for details or contact costigan.nellie.ellen@gmail.com
    Reasonable rates, prices negotiable!smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

Tin-whistle and Fiddle lessons available in S.W Donegal area.

All ages are welcome to start lessons... young and old!

Instruments are not supplied.

If you need information about getting an instrument and/or are interested in lessons P.M for more details.

Qualifications: Degree in Irish Music and Dance

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭deisecelt

Hi anyone in the Kildare region (Im in Newbridge but can travel as far as south dub) know where i might get one on one guitar whistle or trad flute lessons???? Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 d0nny2600

Hey, I am available for 1 to 1 guitar lessons. I am a professional musician and can offer a reasonable rate for 1 to 1 lessons. If you are interested contact me through pm, my name is Don.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 EdMake

Looking for fiddle lessons in Dublin city centre. Total beginner. Let me know if you can help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 caragnomes

Hi
    I'm looking for a Banjo teacher(5 string) for give basic bluegrass lessons
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭LD

Hi,
    I'm available to give button accordion lessons (B/C tuning). I'm finishing a degree in music and doing a thesis on Irish-American accordion virtuoso Joe Derrane at the moment. I've done some private and group teaching in the past. I play a few other instruments and musical styles and have a good knowledge of music theory etc. as well. I've been performing at home an abroad for a while now.

I'm based in Dundrum and I charge €20 for a half hour lesson or €25 for 40-45 minutes. Group rates negotiable.

Apart from traditional music I occasionally try my hand at other styles on the box, French musette and manouche taking my fancy the most: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbDMe1x3ats

If anyone has any interest in that I might be able to help with that as well:)

Contact me at lukedeatonmusic @ yahoo.co.uk (no spaces tho!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 muinteoirTomas

Hi guys! Just wondering if anyone here is or knows someone who gives lessons in trad fiddle. I am a 21 year old primary teacher based in Athy in Kildare Monday - Friday and West Co. Limerick most weekends, though if I could find a good teacher who only works weekends in Kildare area I would consider staying up to get lessons.

I have played classical violin for a number of years (not too good I might add, but very good theory - can sight read notes etc., not a total beginner in that sense).

I was in contact with Comhaltas and they (hopefully) will be getting back to me about some other courses, but I said I'd try this brilliant site too!

So, to recap! Seeking a trad fiddle teacher for lessons (either private or in a group setting, not that put out, maybe private to begin).

Go raibh míle in advance,

Please get in contact if you fit any of this description or know someone who does! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rosierex

Subject(s):Tin Whistle Music Theory Lessons
    Lessons in Students Home? Yes
    Contact Name:Roisin King
    Email:roisin.king@gmail.com
    Cost: 20 euros per half hour

Experienced and qualified music teacher - MA BA DipLCM
    Many Genres covered: Classical, Traditional, Rock and Pop
    Examinations catered for: Royal Irish Academy of Music, London College of Music, Associated Board of Music Theory Exams, CCE
    Prepare for examinations or learn just for fun. All ranges and abilities catered for - beginners to advanced. Excellent track record with exam results.
    Please contact me for more information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 RebeccaA

Experienced player, Dan Hillman, offers Traditional Irish lessons to beginners. Carrick-on-Shannon./Mohill, Co. Leitrim. Can teach by ear, staff notation or ABC. Music theory an option. Emphasis is on keeping lessons fun but also ensuring the student is given material to challenge them at their level and encourage continued progress. Lessons individually tailored.

1st lesson free. Thereafter €10 for half hour 1 to 1 lessons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭JacksDad

Hi,

I've recently bought a banjo and I'm looking for Tenor Banjo lessons in the Navan/Meath area. Preferably weekend tuition due to work commitments during the week.

Can anyone help?

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 cormike

I have been playing the Uilleann Pipes for over ten years and have taught group and single classes. I also play guitar but not traditional Irish music. Im in galway city if anyone would be interested in lessons its 20 euro for half hour single lessons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭TDiamond

Hi folks,

Does anyone know where I can get complete beginner bodhran lessons in Dublin?

Also any advice on buying my first bodhran/DVDs etc to help?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MickyBaker

Hi All

Ive recently started teaching accompaniement on both guitar and bouzouki in irish music in Dublin City( was teaching for years where i liver elsewhere)

I have extensive experience of playing both instruments to a high professional level

I currently play guitar and tenor guitar with John Carty's band "At the Racket" and i play bouzouki with John Mc Sherry's Band "At First Light"

Ive been lucky enough to have worked with and learn from musicians such as Frankie Gavin, the group Teada (standing in for Sean Mc Elwain), Enda Scahill, Derek Hickey, Edel Fox, Dave Sheridan

If you want to find out more for yourself or maybe for friends, feel free to conact me via this discussion or directly to my member account. Id be glad to chat about any inquiries,

I cut my teeth playing in sessions and concerts with the top musicians so i know what its like and i can taylor lessons to specific needs to get you to your top potential.

Thanks all,

Mick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 carlds

Does anyone know where I can get mandolin lessons in Meath Westmeath area

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭tarbolton

Ceoltóirí Chluain Tarbh offer classes in traditional music.
    Instruments include fiddle, uilleann pipes, tin whistle, flute, banjo, mandolin, harp, bodhran, traditional accompaniment for guitarists (DADGAD style), button accordion and concertina.
    Classes take place in Marino College, Marino Mart (opposite Fairview park) Saturday mornings from 9:00 to 11:30. Cost is €10 per lesson payable per term in advance.
    Check out www.cluaintarbh.net for further details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Trad_Flute90

Multi-instrumentalist based on the north side of Dublin, can teach:
    • Flute
    • Tin whistle
    • Traditional Irish guitar (DADGAD)

Currently studying music in NUI Maynooth. I gig regularly and play sessions in The Cobblestone, O’Donoghues, Conradh na Gaeilge, Le Cirq etc. I have extensive experience in teaching all three instruments. I teach both privately and in various branches of Comhaltas.

Being multi-instrumentalist I can provide a unique approach to teaching the guitar accompaniment of traditional music. I can recreate the genuine session experience by playing the flute while the student plays the guitar as part of the class.

PM if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CharlieOFloinn

Hi ya
    I live in north dublin and would like to get lessons in playing the fiddle ... Im a complete beginner. Are you still available for lessons?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CharlieOFloinn

Fiddle Classes

for Adults and Kids

Covering from Beguiners to Advanced,

In North County Dublin

Experienced Teachers (over 15 years)

Advance Classes Monday night, and Beguiners & Intermediate classes during week.

Our aim is not only to make you a better player but also to ensure you enjoy playing no matter what level you are at.
    Hi
    I want to lear the fiddle ... Im a beginner.. are ya still offering lessons?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Kerbdog123

looking for button accordion lessons in the midlands tullamore,mullingar granard these towns would suit the best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 edward.dunne

hello

looking for lessons in any of the following -

mandolin / banjo
    trad guitar
    tin whistle

I have a basic level in all.

living in mountrath, laois

ideally would like someone to come to me!

email me - ed@nuahealthcare.ie

thanks!

ed

• Registered Users Posts: 47 edel26

Looking for Mandolin Lessons - Beginner in Cavan / Louth or Monaghan area.

edel_2@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

Hi is there anyone in the Dublin 15 area that teaches adult tin whistle lessons. Complete beginner, anyone with any info please pm me thanks!

hi guys,
    cant seem to get lessons for the button accordion around the midlands area.................if you know of anyone please get back to me cheers

hi i would be interested in taking lessons from you, if you could let me know where you live and what days you give lessons it would be great.
    regards kieran

• Registered Users Posts: 1 orangepeel

Guitar & Bass lessons
    Acoustic / Electric
    All Styles. All Ages
    Flexible Times
    Based in Clondalkin

Contact Eamon.
    Ph / Txt: 0876120927
    Email: chordtutor@gmail.com
    Woo Yeah DO IT!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Does anyone know if Mary Bergin still teaches tin whistle in Galway? If so, how does one get in touch with her?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭clones1980

Hey

Am looking to learn to play the guitar In the dublin area. im a complete beginner, either group classes or one on one. If anyone knows someone good, please pm me. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭pleuraXeraphim

I'm looking for an experienced teacher to give Low Whistle lessons in Castletroy area of Limerick. I can not read sheet music and am a beginner.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 annnbj

Looking for violin lessons as I am a total beginner somewhere in the Limerick area, ideally saturdays or in the evenings, looking for a very patient teacher who is willing to teach in the teacher's own home or suitable venue.

Advertisement