Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

gregers85 wrote: »
    My job just paid an ice cream van to stay outside the job for the last hour!!

My work did that last week - it was frikkin' awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Just got brought back tangle twisters by the workmate that was on the late lunch :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Just got brought back tangle twisters by the workmate that was on the late lunch :D

Nice!! Just had a Cornetto myself. Just about to head back out now til 10.00 tonight. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What the heck is a tangle twister?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Wooooooooo pint for me this evening :D Beer garden here I come :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Just back from a day at my parents, my dad has taken the older two to their kickboxing lesson and I'll collect them around 7.30pm after I put the baby to bed.

Going to crack open a Bulmers once they're all in bed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I was actually thinking earlier that Bulmers sales will probably go well up in this sunny weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Angron wrote: »
    What the heck is a tangle twister?

You haven't lived! ! Only the most deliciously inappropriate icepop ever!

5qm81.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Feel a bit ill. The family have been onto me to say that our cat hasn't been seen since 5am this morning. It's completely unlike her as she's a real house cat. We're all worried sick :(

Awh no :( fingers crossed she's just off making the most of the sunshine and shows up soon

• Advertisement

5qm81.png
    Oh, I always just called them Twisters.

I remember a few years ago they had something like a super twister, it was orange, red, and yellow I think. They were great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Oh, I always just called them Twisters.

I remember a few years ago they had something like a super twister, it was orange, red, and yellow I think. They were great.

I just call them twisters as well. Think tangle twister is the old name.

I remember those long ones, they were HUGE. So much brain freeze.

So can't eat ice cream beofre and from what I can see, except for calippos and Mr Freeze's there are feck all ice pops on the market anymore. When I was little there were way more than that. Sparkles were the best.

Why can't you eat ice-cream? Lactose intolerant or vegan?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

They are very closely rivaled by Calippo's for that title especially depending on what flavour Calippo you go for.

They are very closely rivaled by Calippo's for that title especially depending on what flavour Calippo you go for.

An ex ruined Calippo's on me. He used to just stare at me while I was eating it. So awkward. Hilarious, but now I can't eat one without getting the giggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

An ex ruined Calippo's on me. He used to just stare at me while I was eating it. So awkward. Hilarious, but now I can't eat one without getting the giggles.

I ate one in work one day took me a while to live it down there I was innocently enjoying my ice pop when I look and see a few the old lads in work pissing themselves laughing, basterds :pac:.

Was meant to go look at a car today or tomorrow if it's sold before I get out of quarantine I'll go nuts.

Why can't you eat ice-cream? Lactose intolerant or vegan?

Vegan. I like vegan ice cream but it's annoying not being able to just want into any shop and get some. Will get my parents to pick me up a tub tomorrow I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭baron von something

taking the baroness away to galway on monday for a couple of nites for her birthday.impromtu beers in galway monday nite anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Had a right cúnt of a customer in work today. I was working in town doing cover for someone who had an operation, and the girl who normally works in the stand I was on was working in the Jervis (I was in the Ilac). One of her regular customers came over to me at bang on 6pm, when I had closed and put everything away and cashed up. I said we were closed but I'd open up for him, and he said 'You're not supposed to close til 7.' I said 'Sorry, but we only open til 7 on a Thursday, it's 6 every other day.'

That was grand, I started opening up and got the shít he asked for. He bought three packs of filters, and got one free because his loyalty card was full. So, I gave him three stamps on a new card, for the three he paid for. He RIPPED into me, saying the other girl always gives him 4 or 5 stamps. Why he ripped into me over a fcuking loyalty card, I have no idea. I said 'Sorry, but we're only allowed stamp for the ones we sell, and you paid for three, so there's three stamps.' He ripped into me again, calling me a 'fcuking bitch.' I just blithely asked him for the 44.85 he owed me, and gave him his change. He started giving me abuse again, then said 'I'll be back when that other girl is here to talk about this.' I just said 'thank you' and turned my back to him.

Texted the girl who normally works here to tell her, and she flipped. She asked where security were, i said they were at the other end of the shopping centre. She said she's going to have a word with security over them not doing their job and being there to kick him out for giving me abuse. I told her not to do that because they WERE doing their job, they were just at the other end of the centre, not their fault! She then asked for a description of the man, and the time he was in, and is asking security for the CCTV footage (they give it to her if she asks, they're sound), and is going to rip him apart for what he said to me when he next comes in, especially because he never gets extra stamps from her in the first place. :pac: Put me in a shíte mood, 'cause work had been going great before that. BUT, then I went to a beer garden and while I was good and didn't drink anything other than Diet Coke, even though my friend was drinking, it cheered me up. :)

Work again tomorrow, but back in my own store, with my lovely regulars, the lovely security staff who I chat to and peace. :D

You've been a bit unlucky the last few days with work :P

• Advertisement

You've been a bit unlucky the last few days with work :P

Ikr? It's because they have me working in town. Town is always full of cnuts. It was the same in my last job, i was working in town and encountered shítebags every single day. :pac:

Ah balls :( noticed an ambulance outside a neighbours house, and being nosey I kept an eye on it to see if it was anything major. A young girl about my age, who has been through the ringer with mental illness over the last few years was put into the back of it. My heart sank when I saw it was her. She had been doing so well and looks fantastic these days. I seriously hope its unrelated. My thoughts are with the family. What they must be going through right now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Ah balls :( noticed an ambulance outside a neighbours house, and being nosey I kept an eye on it to see if it was anything major. A young girl about my age, who has been through the ringer with mental illness over the last few years was put into the back of it. My heart sank when I saw it was her. She had been doing so well and looks fantastic these days. I seriously hope its unrelated. My thoughts are with the family. What they must be going through right now :(

My thoughts are now with the family too. Mental health ****e is very important to be looked after. I hope she's ok and comes home feeling a lot better. X

Quick update- I was actually wrong, it wasn't who I thought it was (she's doing really well) but was the young lads gf who had a stroke. Jesus christ. 23 years of age. Poor girl.

That's terrible :( I'm sorry to hear that, and so young too to have a stroke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Feel a bit ill. The family have been onto me to say that our cat hasn't been seen since 5am this morning. It's completely unlike her as she's a real house cat. We're all worried sick :(

She's been found safe and sound! The bould yolk had us all upset

That's terrible CC, hope she'll be alright.

I want to play Slender but every time I do I get scared and quit. :(

That's terrible CC, hope she'll be alright.

I want to play Slender but every time I do I get scared and quit. :(

I wanna watch someone play it, im too chicken to play it myself

Jesus, the poor girl, I hope she recovers okay. :(

Work is crazy. There's a load of minor celebs in for the opening of an old fashioned sweet shop, so people are milling around the centre. My sales are ridiculously high, though, so happy days. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

CC I hope the girl recovers well, 23, so young... There was a girl in St. Marys when my father in law was there, she was the same age as me (26) and had just had a baby and had a stroke after the birth... she was confined to a wheelchair as she lost the use of her left side because of it. Strokes are terrible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement