Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much so an Architect quote be?????

• 30-08-2014 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

:confused:

Been shopping around getting quotes from different architects and some quote in terms of % of the job

While, others give a quote that can have a large difference in comparison to each other.

I'm hoping to build a 4 bedroom bungalow and the site is already mine but does need a ecologist survey stage 1.

All advice much welcome thanks:rolleyes:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭RITwing

€25k

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭derferjam

25k surely not....:(:( that sounds unreal it would rip my budget up altogether....

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,680 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

derferjam wrote: »
    ....it would rip my budget up altogether....

What had you budgeted?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭audi12

:confused:

Been shopping around getting quotes from different architects and some quote in terms of % of the job

While, others give a quote that can have a large difference in comparison to each other.

I'm hoping to build a 4 bedroom bungalow and the site is already mine but does need a ecologist survey stage 1.

All advice much welcome thanks:rolleyes:

ecologist survey whats that sounds like a load of left wing hippy crap you have to pay for

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭derferjam

It's because I have a river running close to the site

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭kkelliher

It's because I have a river running close to the site

do some research in respect to insurance of the property as you will struggle to get companies to quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Superdaddy

audi12 wrote: »
    ecologist survey whats that sounds like a load of left wing hippy crap you have to pay for
    Yeah, sure who needs wildlife, biodiversity and a healthy environment. Feck the law, lets run amok and kill everything and pump the rivers full of sewage, cos that'll make us so much better off :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,749 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Superdaddy wrote: »
    Yeah, sure who needs wildlife, biodiversity and a healthy environment. Feck the law, lets run amok and kill everything and pump the rivers full of sewage, cos that'll make us so much better off :rolleyes:.

You could build in the middle of the river and not ruin it. SI9 teaches us a lot of building law has no technical merit.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Subscribers Posts: 40,915 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

galwaytt wrote: »
    You could build in the middle of the river and not ruin it. SI9 teaches us a lot of building law has no technical merit.

if you wanted to build in the middle of a river, planing would be looking for a lot more than an ecologists report ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,749 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

sydthebeat wrote: »
    if you wanted to build in the middle of a river, planing would be looking for a lot more than an ecologists report ;)

sure, but it's still do-able.

Have just completed house #8 in a wetland, last Thursday. And there were things like Newt licences required :pac: :pac:

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,915 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

galwaytt wrote: »
    sure, but it's still do-able.

Have just completed house #8 in a wetland, last Thursday. And there were things like Newt licences required :pac: :pac:

those crazy newts ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭RITwing

no newts is good newts

Advertisement