Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Set dancing

• 26-11-2011 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I'm trying to find a good place in clare or Galway where they do regular set dancing. My parents love set dancing and I'm trying to put them up in a hotel where there is somewhere near by to do set dancing. Any ideas?

It's for a christmas present so ideally the dancing would need to be on around January.

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

http://sets.ie/home.html?region=Ireland

Should be some information there

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

If she's in W.Clare:

SET DANCING CLASSES: Set Dancing Classes in Cree Hall
    on Tuesday nights and at the Crosses of Annagh on Thursday
    nights . Beginners 8.30pm Advanced 9.30pm. Contact:
    Mary Clancy 065 7087157.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

Bellbridge House Hotel, Spanish Point is very handy for the Crosses of Annagh & not too far to Cree either. A nice friendly, cosy place!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 katsky

Monroes Pub holds informal set dancing every Tuesday evening starting from 10 pm with a live band. Its a really fabulous crowd and great atmosphere. They dance Connemara, Plain, Cashel Polka and Clare Lancers sets.
    You might obtain more information about the classes from them.

Monthly Ceilies are held in Claddagh Hall, always on Fridays.

Hope this is helpful.

Advertisement