Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

attic insulation and energy service check

Options
  • 05-10-2013 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭

hi,
    been reading about this energy team from electric ireland and how they give the house a once over and then give their recommendations. has anyone used them and how did they find them?? i assume there will always be something that can be upgraded :pac: are there any other companies around the cork area who do something like this??

and i'm also wondering if there is something i can do about losing heat through the stairghe going up to the attic?? i assume that heat will go through it as its not insulated like the rest of the attic floor??

and lastly is i got some attic planks in woodies to put some stuff up there for storage. is this ok as its compacting some of the insulation (its not the insulation rolls, its more like the loose stuff)??

thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

bungaro79 wrote: »
    hi,
    been reading about this energy team from electric ireland and how they give the house a once over and then give their recommendations. has anyone used them and how did they find them?? i assume there will always be something that can be upgraded :pac: are there any other companies around the cork area who do something like this??

and i'm also wondering if there is something i can do about losing heat through the stairghe going up to the attic?? i assume that heat will go through it as its not insulated like the rest of the attic floor??

and lastly is i got some attic planks in woodies to put some stuff up there for storage. is this ok as its compacting some of the insulation (its not the insulation rolls, its more like the loose stuff)??

thanks!
    PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

bungaro79 wrote: »
    hi,
    been reading about this energy team from electric ireland and how they give the house a once over and then give their recommendations. has anyone used them and how did they find them??

As I am in the domestic energy audit/survey business, I had Electric Ireland out to my house to do their stuff (checking out the competition).
    Their "comprehensive" audit took 16 minutes from start to finish and in that time they mis-classified my conventional oil boiler (they thought it was a condensing boiler), and didn't look into my attic.
    Needless to say you get what you pay for but this was ridiculous.

pm sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭bungaro79

thanks lads

Advertisement