Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda or Newry to Belfast International Airport

• 03-10-2013 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Hi there!
    I'm wondering if anyone can help me! I was supposed to get to Krakow from Dublin on a particular date next February but I've just received an email from Ryan Air indicating a significant schedule change to my flight! Now my best option for myself and my 3 other companions looks like taking a very good value Easy Jet flight from Belfast International Airport instead whilst still returning from Dublin. Only problem is - how can we get to this airport from Drogheda or Newry? I cannot seem to find buses going there!! The flight will be at 9:55 am. We may manage a lift as far as Newry so perhaps there is a transport option from there? Any help / suggestions appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Sheldons Brain

You can get a bus to Belfast from Drogheda or Newry and then a bus to the airport. Getting a northbound bus early enough from Drogheda might be problem, but a bus at 05:56 from Newry will get you to airport by 08:40. You can also connect with the Belfast bus at Dublin airport, if that suits.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

The train also passes through both newry and drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭dowlingm

Celly Smunt - no train ex Drogheda will get the OP there in time.

If it was me I'd be trying for the 0616 Goldline route 238 ex Newry, so that if the connection departing Buscentre at 0740 was missed the one at 0755 would be available too to arrive 1h25m before flight. There is the option of Newry train 0655 to GVS, walk to Europa and get the 0810 departure, arrive 0845 BFS but now there's only 70mins to flight. Not sure what check in and security are like at BFS though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,532 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Dowlingm - GVS and Europa Bus Centre are in the same building!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭dowlingm

lxflyer - that's why the Translink journey planner has it as a short walk then ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement