Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-04-2013, 23:34   #1246
Cienciano
Checking the weather

The show has really lost its way.
Probably covered before, but I'll post it anyway.
Remember when they got to the prison and they had to clear the area? They just walked up to the walkers and stabbed them in the face? Cleared the whole area. The shows directors seem to have forgotten that. Gunshots attract walkers, and Rick the big eijit is walking around with a large caliber unsilenced revolver! A stabbing weapon or melee weapon is the only weapon they should be using.
Don't get me started with a crossbow. Takes about a minute to reload and you have to go and get the bolt after you fired it.
Advertisement
14-04-2013, 23:37   #1247
Paddy Cow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micky Dolenz View Post
I found that odd too. At the end of one episode Rick said we are going to war, the start of the next show he was ready to hand your wan over to avoid a war.

The show has lost it's way a bit I fear.
It seems like it has a touch of "Lost" about it. Loads of potential but the writers aren't being consistent and are in danger of losing the plot altogether. I'll still hold out for the next season and see how it goes from there.
14-04-2013, 23:43   #1248
Paddy Cow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1234567 View Post
It would have been so much better if we had just kept merle at the prison and none of that stuff with michonne happened and we had gotten andrea,milton,tyreese and sasha and maybe karen and her son back to the prison and then an epic war between the prison group nd woodbury happened. But instead we got the build up to the war then andrea and milton dying(needlessly mind you)and the governor killing just about every person in his army.
WHAT A LETDOWN FFS.
Andrea could be an annoying character but she became likeable towards the end. I think her and Milton would have been an excellent addition to the prison group.

The bit where the governor killed all his people was a WTF? moment. For so long we have been anticipating a war and next thing the governor guns down all his own people???

As for taking all the people back to the prison, I don't see how that happened. They were happy there and had relatively normal lives, then they give that up on the say so of the prison people who they were lead to believe wanted to kill them? They had so much faith in their Governor that he almost symbolised their hope and to turn their back on that is a huge leap.

Would it not have made more sense for them to have stayed at Woodbury? I suppose we'll find out in the next season but I can only hope they tie up all the lose ends or they have ruined a really good show.
15-04-2013, 00:24   #1249
Paddy Cow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micky Dolenz View Post
I thought Carl was spot on. Drop the gun means drop the gun. It was a war.
I thought the same. Carl was given the responsibility of protecting the weaker members of his group ie his baby sister, the crippled old doctor and the doctors young daughter. The guy was awful slow in lowering his gun and Carl didn't know if the guy was going to try and overpower him. He knew what would happen if the guy got the better of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbear View Post
I think it's quite possible we'll see some element of Carl being overly trigger happy having a terrible consequence next season but then will redeem himself by doing the exact same thing but the outcome being better.

So, for example, he'll kill someone else who's innocent but then kill someone who totally deserved it with the same cold-bloodedness.
It will be interesting to see how the writers take the character of Carl from here. I hope they don't ruin him. He has gone from an annoying kid to a valuable member of the team. It's easy to say that he shot that kid in cold blood but he thought he was protecting his group.

This is the kid who went back and shot his dying mother in the head. The flash back he had when doing this was his father telling him "no more kid stuff......" He did what had to be done then but he also showed humanity when he risked his life so that his baby sister could have a picture of her mother. When he got back from that trip he told Rick that Michonne was a member of the group.

I really hope they don't make Carl into a cold blooded killer. He has the potential to be the best of both Rick and Shane. Someone who puts the best interests of the group first, without forgetting that they aren't a bunch of cavemen who have to treat anyone they meet as a threat and eliminate them.
15-04-2013, 20:00   #1250
anucksunamun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy Cow View Post
I thought the same. Carl was given the responsibility of protecting the weaker members of his group ie his baby sister, the crippled old doctor and the doctors young daughter. The guy was awful slow in lowering his gun and Carl didn't know if the guy was going to try and overpower him. He knew what would happen if the guy got the better of him.

It will be interesting to see how the writers take the character of Carl from here. I hope they don't ruin him. He has gone from an annoying kid to a valuable member of the team. It's easy to say that he shot that kid in cold blood but he thought he was protecting his group.

This is the kid who went back and shot his dying mother in the head. The flash back he had when doing this was his father telling him "no more kid stuff......" He did what had to be done then but he also showed humanity when he risked his life so that his baby sister could have a picture of her mother. When he got back from that trip he told Rick that Michonne was a member of the group.

I really hope they don't make Carl into a cold blooded killer. He has the potential to be the best of both Rick and Shane. Someone who puts the best interests of the group first, without forgetting that they aren't a bunch of cavemen who have to treat anyone they meet as a threat and eliminate them.
I know they do not stick to the comics.. but Carl's character is very dark in them. I agree with you, it would be nice to see him develop.

You know what I don't get at all about the last episode.. why on earth after Ricks refusal to let other people into their group, and also passing that hitcher.. Would he bring back all the people who the Governor thought incapable of fighting.. all new 'drains' on their meagre resources..
Advertisement
15-04-2013, 21:37   #1251
Paddy Cow

Quote:
Originally Posted by anucksunamun View Post
I know they do not stick to the comics.. but Carl's character is very dark in them. I agree with you, it would be nice to see him develop.

You know what I don't get at all about the last episode.. why on earth after Ricks refusal to let other people into their group, and also passing that hitcher.. Would he bring back all the people who the Governor thought incapable of fighting.. all new 'drains' on their meagre resources..
Rick is all over the place. He was the one who was begging Hershel to keep them but shows no mercy to others. He keeps changing his mind and isn't a strong leader at all.
16-04-2013, 21:58   #1252
bb1234567

Quote:
Originally Posted by anucksunamun View Post

I think its just inconsistent characeter development at this stage ... So disappointing this show could be so good and it just makes me so sad. I wish they could just reshoot the finale . Andreas death just irritates me so much, she had so much poltential as a character, and there were so many poltential plotlines and other characters her character could have helped to develop.
20-04-2013, 04:33   #1253
LaurajC

*Spoiler Alert*
well i've just finished season 3 and to be honest, I was disappointed with the ending! You know what really pisses me off about rick and his merry men though is that when they first take over the prison the predominantly use weapons like crowbars and the like to kill the zombies as bullets were precious. Now that they're in there with the guns and bullets they have lost the cop on to go up to the fence when they're on duty to gather the zombies and slice anything through their heads, why the hell do they wait until something happens and all the zombies land in at once! I watch this show going mad that they're zombies there and nobody will just kill them when they're behind the fence and protected.

Also with regards to Resident Evil, it's in the end of the first one/ start of the second movie that she wakes up in a hospital to walk into an empty city!
24-04-2013, 11:14   #1254
Jason Todd
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurajC View Post
*Spoiler Alert*
well i've just finished season 3 and to be honest, I was disappointed with the ending! You know what really pisses me off about rick and his merry men though is that when they first take over the prison the predominantly use weapons like crowbars and the like to kill the zombies as bullets were precious. Now that they're in there with the guns and bullets they have lost the cop on to go up to the fence when they're on duty to gather the zombies and slice anything through their heads, why the hell do they wait until something happens and all the zombies land in at once! I watch this show going mad that they're zombies there and nobody will just kill them when they're behind the fence and protected.

Also with regards to Resident Evil, it's in the end of the first one/ start of the second movie that she wakes up in a hospital to walk into an empty city!
They kept the walkers around the fences as an extra barrier of protection from Woodbury/looters.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
24-04-2013, 11:46   #1255
RoyalMarine

I'm sure it will be answered in the next season, but I'm slightly confused as to why they didn't take over woodbury rather than returning to the prison at the end with all the old people and kids etc.
24-04-2013, 12:40   #1256
degrassinoel
Assume the position

not enough people to keep it secure, and the prison is safer maybe?
24-04-2013, 13:32   #1257
ScumLord

I'd want to stay in the prison. It's designed to keep people in/out.

In this type of apocalypse setting people are going to want to go back to walled towns and castles.
Thanks from:
24-04-2013, 15:02   #1258
Paddy Cow

The prison has loads of land that they can farm. Woodbury didn't and relied on people going on scavaging tours. Eventually they will have to become self sufficient as they will use up all the resources in their scavage zone. Heck they might even find some cows and sheep to keep.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion