Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dovea AI - New Simmental Bull

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

I see the senior champion also a Vio son made €4500.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Bigbird1

They also gave 8500gns for a sim bull in the UK not too long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭flatout11

Bigbird1 wrote: »
    They also gave 8500gns for a sim bull in the UK not too long ago.
    in fairness there simm line up was slack there for a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

flatout11 wrote: »
    in fairness there simm line up was slack there for a while
    A lot better than NCBC though.

pakalasa wrote: »
    A lot better than NCBC though.

true, some would suggest that the NCBC buyer is only interested in lims and charos from certain breeders ...... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

true, some would suggest that the NCBC buyer is only interested in lims and charos from certain breeders ...... ;)

Curraheen Ardlea/elite :D

Curraheen Ardlea/elite :D
    to name a few but in fairness to them there at the upper end of the game roundhill, cavelands, castleview, neatherhall etc... bit of a common trend amoung the herds - just speculating ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

:D Now now, what are suggesting? Who is the buying for them?
    To be honest, I don't like the way certain herds do seem to dominate the breed sales/profiles. Calving ease does seem to have gone out the window for the Limousin as a result. The latest trend seems to be UK bulls also. All coming through one source, at a serious mark-up in price.
    I can't understand either, why certain bulls are chosen when their docility ratings are not great. You would think that all bulls in AI would be 5* for docility. Mad cattle are a serious Health & Safety concern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

pakalasa wrote: »
    :D Now now, what are suggesting? Who is the buying for them?
    To be honest, I don't like the way certain herds do seem to dominate the breed sales/profiles. Calving ease does seem to have gone out the window for the Limousin as a result. The latest trend seems to be UK bulls also. All coming through one source, at a serious mark-up in price.
    I can't understand either, why certain bulls are chosen when their docility ratings are not great. You would think that all bulls in AI would be 5* for docility. Mad cattle are a serious Health & Safety concern.

Ya your man in Cavan is bringing in a lot of semen off English bulls for pedigree breeding. My neighbour that pairs hoofs was saying he's dreading a few years time when he has to be pairing all the sympa bulls...worse than that fu**er ferry he said!!

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭oldsmokey

to name a few but in fairness to them there at the upper end of the game roundhill, cavelands, castleview, neatherhall etc... bit of a common trend amoung the herds - just speculating ;)

I see Dovea have 2 Roundhill bulls and a Castleview bull in their stud..conspiracy or are the breeders just doing a good job?

• Advertisement
Advertisement