Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

When my sis was on old points she used to cook rhubarb in 7up free instead of sugar, had bought cinnamon today so was just creative and dilute is 0pp

ya id heard of the diet 7up thing before alrite, never tried it tho!
    on F&H for the weekend so bout to have some cottage cheese and salad with 2cracotts now and gona try the apples after.
    must attempt to get into a bath then because im still in agony after my kettlebell class on fri, il be doing good if i get in, lord knows how il get out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Danii86 wrote: »
    ya id heard of the diet 7up thing before alrite, never tried it tho!
    on F&H for the weekend so bout to have some cottage cheese and salad with 2cracotts now and gona try the apples after.
    must attempt to get into a bath then because im still in agony after my kettlebell class on fri, il be doing good if i get in, lord knows how il get out!!!

Everytime ye mention cracotts I picture potateo croquttes and drool!! :) especially one day when someone mentioned you could have 2 or 3 off the crackers for x amount of pps and i was dreaming up ways of eating my spud in bread crumbs haha

Kettle Bells thats all the fad now is it any good? I am so god dam lazy did play xbox kinect adventure yesterday! Enjoy the bath! We mooved into a house with a bath last August the bath been a selling point for me and i have only used it once hehe!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hollee

Very quite here today..

Had a good weekend food wise.. was over in my points but only by a few and had no drink the whole weekend have 30weeklies left and wi on Tuesday morning so should be grand!!

Just cooked apple in some blackcurrant dilute drink with cinnamon was nice for a 0pp desert but nothing special!

How are ye all doing?

Ive been staying away from the booze too, and have found it much easier than I would have thought.

Was doing ok this weekend until i had lasagne and apple tart at a friends house, terrified to think of the points value but I will be doing alot of exercise to work it off before weigh in on thursday.

Think Im going to have to invest in one of the eat out books, to try and keep track of the points eaten out, its so much easier to stick to them at home/work, but I still want to be sociable too!

That tip with the blackcurrant will def be used, brilliant.

Also tried that new cadburys philadelphia cheese, 2pp for the little individual pots, i used them for cupcake toppings on Saturday for my nieces cakes.

Kettle bells r fab!! My ex was a personal trainer and got me into them a few years ago just before they became popular, and loved them. The class I went to was a beginners class so nothing too extreme but stil worked up a good sweat!!!my friend who I dragged along with me was fit to kill me half way thro, but I think I have her converted!!

Ya I tried the choc philly too....they're generous portions, I had it on 3rice cakes last night and there was a generous ammount on each rice cake, and such a treat for 4pp!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

hi ladies....

hope you have all had good weekends... yas all seem to be doing really well!!!

did my long walk today... hit corkagh park and did my usual walk (albeit in the opposite direction to the way i usually go) in 8 mins less time than i usually do... :D

stuck within my points really well... made lovely pizzas last night and tonight i had haddock with lovely carrot and spring onion fritters...

they were soooo tasty, just something different rather than regular steamed veg....

Definitely doing them again!!!

Monster fruit salad with honey for dessert.... :D

• Advertisement

hollee wrote: »
    Ive been staying away from the booze too, and have found it much easier than I would have thought.

Was doing ok this weekend until i had lasagne and apple tart at a friends house, terrified to think of the points value but I will be doing alot of exercise to work it off before weigh in on thursday.

Think Im going to have to invest in one of the eat out books, to try and keep track of the points eaten out, its so much easier to stick to them at home/work, but I still want to be sociable too!

That tip with the blackcurrant will def be used, brilliant.

Also tried that new cadburys philadelphia cheese, 2pp for the little individual pots, i used them for cupcake toppings on Saturday for my nieces cakes.

I made a ww friendly lasagne we had it for dinner today 10pp and then the cinnamon apple for 0pp so we kinda ate the same thing! good taste!!

The eating out guide is not ment to be great tbh... i wouldnt buy one a quick google will usually get you anything you need or the uk ww boads:

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/community/mbd/threads.aspx?page_noHidden=1&forum_id=1&board_id=350&setviewHidden=TRUE&sincedate='18%2f02%2f2012+00%3a00%3a00'&daterange=2days&viewchange=OPENDATEDESC

ali85 wrote: »
    hi ladies....

hope you have all had good weekends... yas all seem to be doing really well!!!

did my long walk today... hit corkagh park and did my usual walk (albeit in the opposite direction to the way i usually go) in 8 mins less time than i usually do... :D

stuck within my points really well... made lovely pizzas last night and tonight i had haddock with lovely carrot and spring onion fritters...

they were soooo tasty, just something different rather than regular steamed veg....

Definitely doing them again!!!

Monster fruit salad with honey for dessert.... :D

Sounds great Ali, we got pizza bases for 6pp each going to make our own on tuesday night, waiting till after my wi! Going light food wise tomorrow after my gain last week after skinflint pizza lol

never tried honey on fruit salad, must do!

Can not wait for Tuesday I have Strawberrys, Pineapple, Bananas, apples, and lemons bought for my pancakes!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭username2010

Hey All!

Well done on the losses!...

My WI was today, and down 1lb...Was eating out a few times this week, and drinking out too, so happy enough to be honest....
    I weigh myself in the gym, and the weird thing was that there was 0.6kg of a difference between my weight at the start and end of workout...I used the pre-workout weight, which was higher...

Quick question for all the Eating Out Pointers out there...Does anyone have pp value for Crackbird? - particularly for the very lovely Soy & Garlic Chicken....

Thanks in advance...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Girls, what are these cadbury philly things you speak of? Are they chocolate? Nom nom nom :)

Monife wrote: »
    Girls, what are these cadbury philly things you speak of? Are they chocolate? Nom nom nom :)

I havn't had it but heres the product

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/money/4091899/Cadburys-chocolate-to-go-in-cream-cheese.html

The mini tubs are 2pp each you know the size of an individual butter thing

• Advertisement

Hey All!

Well done on the losses!...

My WI was today, and down 1lb...Was eating out a few times this week, and drinking out too, so happy enough to be honest....
    I weigh myself in the gym, and the weird thing was that there was 0.6kg of a difference between my weight at the start and end of workout...I used the pre-workout weight, which was higher...

Quick question for all the Eating Out Pointers out there...Does anyone have pp value for Crackbird? - particularly for the very lovely Soy & Garlic Chicken....

Thanks in advance...

I had crackbird in December if i find my notes from then il have the points guesstimate i made, i asked them for nvs but they had none and could not tell me the calories :( so i broke it down into the pieces of chicken i ate and then added on for the skin and oil etc

the choc phily is AMAZING!! dunnes has it on special offer for 1e for the big tub and the 4pack of 30g individual tubs....its creamy and chocolaty and no cheesy taste at all!!lol it kinda tastes like choc mousses without the moussy-ness. for 2pp there a really nice treat....need to eat them all befor midnight on tuesday tho, giving up all choc and sweets for lent for some extra motivation!!!!
    on a non WW point.....im making malteaser cupcakes for my friends bday next week(sadly not at all WW friendly:( ) and i was wondering how to make a really yummy choc frostimg for them, then mum brought home the philly and i was like 'lightbulb'!!! choc cream cheese frosting!!!! genius!!!

I had crackbird in December if i find my notes from then il have the points guesstimate i made, i asked them for nvs but they had none and could not tell me the calories :( so i broke it down into the pieces of chicken i ate and then added on for the skin and oil etc

Thanks Lisa - that'd be great - would love to go and do it reasonably guilt free!

Totaly off topic girls and boys but this is my first ever web design gone live on my work website could ye all enter and fingers crossed one of ye will win the weekend away but just make sure to feed the butlers choc to some else :)

Budget Car Rental Competition

Hehe i am very proud of myself :)

Totaly off topic girls and boys but this is my first ever web design gone live on my work website could ye all enter and fingers crossed one of ye will win the weekend away but just make sure to feed the butlers choc to some else :)

Looks great!...Well Done!....And I just entered! :D

Thanks Lisa - that'd be great - would love to go and do it reasonably guilt free!

Lee from mwha.ie has a blog about crackbird.. she doesnt mention what she pointed it at but i tweeted her to see incase i cant find my lil notebook, that was the same week i went to lanzarote so a pp week i would rather forget hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 niamhsul

Hi there in response to your quote below, there are 99 calories in Corona Light, not sure of the points sorry.

Monife wrote: »
    I would assume 3 or 4PP. Alcohol being light does not affect the propoints value of drinks favourably. It is only if the alcohol content is lower, then the propoints value would be lower.

Skinny Doll has pointed lager per bottle at 3PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

niamhsul wrote: »
    Hi there in response to your quote below, there are 99 calories in Corona Light, not sure of the points sorry.

They dont use calories when calculating propoints in beer. I know coors light is the same as other beers so I would imagine corona light would be too - unless its a lower percentage alcohol. Then it would be lower.

If anyone got the last RTE guide WW supplement then you have to make the Chocolate and Berry Roulade! It is DELICIOUS. I made it for my family when they came over on saturday and it was a huge hit. Even my mum who doesnt like desserts ate a piece. And not difficult at all to make. Also got a good workout making it cos I dont have an electric whisk - so getting the egg whites to soft peaks was hard work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

If anyone got the last RTE guide WW supplement then you have to make the Chocolate and Berry Roulade! It is DELICIOUS. I made it for my family when they came over on saturday and it was a huge hit. Even my mum who doesnt like desserts ate a piece. And not difficult at all to make. Also got a good workout making it cos I dont have an electric whisk - so getting the egg whites to soft peaks was hard work :D

Hi Tiny, Was going to ask how that turned out! I'm raging cos I through out the guide in a big clear-up over the weekend without taking out the ww section! But at least the house is relatively tidy for a change! :)

Went to a zumba class for the 1st time on friday eve as well - absolutely loved it and hoping to get to another one this eve. Also bought the zumba game for the wii online today and can't wait until it arrives. Slightly addicted after one class in case you can't tell! ;) Just hope I can keep it up.

Not too sure how WI will go tomorrow. I stayed within my points (just about cos I was at a birthday party saturday night) but really hoping to see a drop after the +0.5 last week.

Hope everyone else is doing well - I just love logging on and reading the posts. It's great to hear how everyone else is getting on! Keep up the good work!

JudyD wrote: »
    Hi Tiny, Was going to ask how that turned out! I'm raging cos I through out the guide in a big clear-up over the weekend without taking out the ww section! But at least the house is relatively tidy for a change! :)

Went to a zumba class for the 1st time on friday eve as well - absolutely loved it and hoping to get to another one this eve. Also bought the zumba game for the wii online today and can't wait until it arrives. Slightly addicted after one class in case you can't tell! ;) Just hope I can keep it up.

Not too sure how WI will go tomorrow. I stayed within my points (just about cos I was at a birthday party saturday night) but really hoping to see a drop after the +0.5 last week.

Hope everyone else is doing well - I just love logging on and reading the posts. It's great to hear how everyone else is getting on! Keep up the good work!

As soon as I get my computer working again I'll post the recipe on my blog and the photo I took of the last slice (we were too busy eating it to remember to take a photo)!!

Good luck with your WI tomorrow - I have mine tomorrow to so fingers crossed for both of us :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

I bought some low fat hodgins sausages in my local supervalue recently and they are soo yummy and for only 1pp each!
    I went back to get some more today but they had none! Something tells me they're only there every so often!

Weigh in tomorrow evening and feeling somewhat confident!
    Good luck to everyone for the coming week =):D

I left my water bottle at home today and boy do you notice the difference not drinking as much water actually makes. I had such a headache all day, I felt much more sluggish and tired. Am guzzling the stud back now I'm home so I can do my wii Zumba game in a bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

So, I had a bad weekend, pretty annoyed as I had a good loss last week and feel like I've ruined that now. :( Was out Sat night and overdid it, then on Sunday I wasn't much better. Was feeling a bit shook and couldn't warm up so I was bloody picking all day long! :mad:
    Swore I would be better today, started well but had to drop in some leaflets to a friends restaurant and then I saw them........ Pancakes! :eek: Could not resist and had them with crispy bacon and maple syrup! :eek: They were yum but I'm not eating another thing for the night apart from a couple of satsumas! :o

Back to the grindstone now for me!

Have a good week everyone! x :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

the choc phily is AMAZING!! dunnes has it on special offer for 1e for the big tub and the 4pack of 30g individual tubs....its creamy and chocolaty and no cheesy taste at all!!lol it kinda tastes like choc mousses without the moussy-ness. for 2pp there a really nice treat....need to eat them all befor midnight on tuesday tho, giving up all choc and sweets for lent for some extra motivation!!!!
    on a non WW point.....im making malteaser cupcakes for my friends bday next week(sadly not at all WW friendly:( ) and i was wondering how to make a really yummy choc frostimg for them, then mum brought home the philly and i was like 'lightbulb'!!! choc cream cheese frosting!!!! genius!!!

They dont have to be to bad! use low fat spread a basic recipe is 3pp with frosting made ww way so add in the total pp for the maltersers and great idea using chocolate philly I was going to sugest, quark,low fat cheese, some melted choclate and some icing sugar! nice malteser stuck on top ( I love maltesers, favourite treat, but I advoid them because I wont stop at a few :P) I made twix cup cakes for the kids I use only 3 fingers of the regular sized bar, smashed them up and added them in! kids loved them!

well done you :) looks great!

Im just back from my mams, frozen solid no heating = freezing my poor feet and nose are only back to normal!!

Baby75 wrote: »

They dont have to be to bad! use low fat spread a basic recipe is 3pp with frosting made ww way so add in the total pp for the maltersers and great idea using chocolate philly I was going to sugest, quark,low fat cheese, some melted choclate and some icing sugar! nice malteser stuck on top ( I love maltesers, favourite treat, but I advoid them because I wont stop at a few :P) I made twix cup cakes for the kids I use only 3 fingers of the regular sized bar, smashed them up and added them in! kids loved them!

well done you :) looks great!

Im just back from my mams, frozen solid no heating = freezing my poor feet and nose are only back to normal!!

Sadly ww friendly cupcakes jus dnt cut it 4my friends!!! The cake itself wil be fine but the frostings just dont turn out the same, xtra light cream cheese for example makes the icing way to runny, try addig more icing sugar not only do the points go up but the icing just becomes gritty!!! I make them all them time 4 family and friends and evn sell some, so im so used to them i dont see them as a novelty or a treat and sometimes wouldnt even have one, so im not too pushed bout making them ww friendly!! I do hAve pleantly of recipies for low fat muffins etc anyway.
    Twix cupcakes sound nice, ww freindly or not!!!lol those cadburys caramel bites you can get are lovely in them too!!! ;) fruity cupcakes are my fav ww-wise!!!

OMG the Zumba for the wii is so good! Did two 20 min sessions with a 10 min break between and I am sweating so much!! I've had it hidden away for months, gonna do it so much more often now.

Going to a cookery demo in a restaurant on weds so have no control over what will be served. My mum is bringing me and I agreed to go ages ago. Got my book club on Friday and dinner in skinflint on sat so I'm so worried bout having a bad week. I should prob get tomorrows WI out of the way before I start worrying bout next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Grrr up 1.5 this week, so in the past month I've put on 1.5, STS, lost 2.5 and now put on 1.5... Definately getting harder now that I've shifted the first stone :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ally1980

This is my first post on here so I may be doing this wrong so apologies in advance! I'm the same as you twirl, had a terrible weekend! Not looking forward to Wednesday at all! To make matters worse, I skipped class last week as I'd put on 0.5lb the week before and wanted to try and give myself a week to get back on track and have a loss this week.. I know I know it's not the way it works, need a good kick up the arse! I started off really well the first week in January but I seem to give up then after a couple of weeks and lose all motivation. I actually just get sick of the counting and having to think about food ALL the time. Anyone any tips to keep on track of tracking!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Ally1980 wrote: »
    This is my first post on here so I may be doing this wrong so apologies in advance! I'm the same as you twirl, had a terrible weekend! Not looking forward to Wednesday at all! To make matters worse, I skipped class last week as I'd put on 0.5lb the week before and wanted to try and give myself a week to get back on track and have a loss this week.. I know I know it's not the way it works, need a good kick up the arse! I started off really well the first week in January but I seem to give up then after a couple of weeks and lose all motivation. I actually just get sick of the counting and having to think about food ALL the time. Anyone any tips to keep on track of tracking!?

Welcome Ally! :)
    We're in the same boat so! ;) Let's get back on track this week, eh? This thread is brilliant, get stuck in! And we all fall down, most important thing is to get back up again! :) Good Luck with your WI on Wednesday -thats my day too! :) If I have a STS, I'll be more than happy this week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    I bought some low fat hodgins sausages in my local supervalue recently and they are soo yummy and for only 1pp each!
    I went back to get some more today but they had none! Something tells me they're only there every so often!

Weigh in tomorrow evening and feeling somewhat confident!
    Good luck to everyone for the coming week =):D

I can never find those sausages :( None of the Supervalu's near me ever have them (but they always have the Gluten free ones which are not low in points) :(

Girls, I too slipped up a bit this week. I was good enough on the weekend (used all my weeklies but made good choices) but tonight I was too lazy to make dinner after I did the shopping so I had a demi baguette with sausages for dinner and a few drinks and 2 packets of crisps ooops... hope it didn't do too much damage, would be happy with STS this week but have a feeling i'll be up, even though I didn't go over by more than 15PP in total, so technically I shouldn't be up, but my body doesn't work like that :( If I go over by a few PP, I am instantly up :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement