Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prendeville back on the airwaves. HOW??

• 08-05-2011 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I just got back from a few months abroad and accidentally tuned into Cuuurk's 96 FM to hear Neil Prendeville back on the radio! How did this happen? Who let this happen? And true to form within three minutes he had my blood boiling talking about tradesmen now working in the black market "...And I don't blame them for showing two fingers to the system that screwed them". He has to be the most ill-informed, ignorant and bigoted man on radio. Makes me want to leave the country again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

He hasnt been charged with any crime and 96fm need the rating that he pulls in.

Personally I think its shameful that he's back on but since I refuse to listen to the radio apart from a few non music stations it really doesnt bother me

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭trebormurf

Time to move on ... Nobody died

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭urbanachiever1

The masturbating in public episode doesn't bother me. It's having a bigot like him on the radio influencing the minds of his audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

Ahh shure it's not like he was taking Coke or that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

He tossed one off on a fooking plane. what gives?

at least he's alone in the studio he can pull the todger without anyone noticing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

It's all about ratings advertising and revenue and like it or not he generates huge revenue for the station
    I think people don't like him because he says it as it is.

Daegerty wrote: »
    He tossed one off on a fooking plane. what gives?

at least he's alone in the studio he can pull the todger without anyone noticing.
    No a journalist from a Cork paper claimed he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

he's lesson is learnt let him get back up ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

No-one died but it's hard to take him any way seriously these days, especially when he's riding his high horse about what some caller has done/had done to them. So I don't listen to him anymore - simples.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How did he get back on? he locked himself in the studio one day after PJ left and they haven't been able to get him out,so they left him there :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sok2005

I'm delighted he's back. He has the most interesting morning show IMO.

He gives good radio!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

He's a gowl- can't stand him ... and that was b4 the hand shandy episode. In fact that don't bother me at all..:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Never liked him, but don't see why he should have been prevented from returning to the airwaves. However, I'm surprised he did - thought his own mortification would have stopped him. Is he still going on with his moralising sh1te though? Because I'd have thought he'd certainly tone that down.

I laughed the other day - heard him on the work canteen radio talking about "those awful dreams when you're naked in public". Hmmm... :D Nearly admired his neck to make himself a sitting target like that! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭BUNK1982

Neil Prendeville has a loyal band of ass ignorant followers and he owns a stake in the radio station so he was always going get back on the airways.

Just cos no one died we should move on?!?

Maybe every sex offender should be pardoned as long as no one dies.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

He's not a convicted sex offender and he got his manhood out in a semi-conscious state - it's not like he was intentionally flashing.

BUNK1982 wrote: »
    Neil Prendeville has a loyal band of ass ignorant followers and he owns a stake in the radio station so he was always going get back on the airways.

Just cos no one died we should move on?!?

Maybe every sex offender should be pardoned as long as no one dies.....
    Neil is box office and tells it as it is. UTV are the main owners of 96FM and did sack Neil when the scandal broke first but to their credit took a chance on putting him back on air which has worked out for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Show Time wrote: »
    No a journalist from a Cork paper claimed he did.

As did the cabin crew who also gave statements to the Gardai. He wasn't prosecuted because of a juristiction issue.

evilivor wrote: »
    As did the cabin crew who also gave statements to the Gardai. He wasn't prosecuted because of a juristiction issue.
    In the eyes of the law he is a innocent man.

Dudess wrote: »

I laughed the other day - heard him on the work canteen radio talking about "those awful dreams when you're naked in public". Hmmm... :D Nearly admired his neck to make himself a sitting target like that! :pac:

That was epic of all people to say it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭BUNK1982

I could go on a diatrabe here but if the people of Cork are happy to listen to the bigoted and ill informed ramblings of alleged sex pest on his soap box then that is their right entirely.

I'm just disappointed is all.

Neil is very lucky to have a loyal following to give him a helping HAND :D

• Advertisement

Don't know what all the fuss is about. It's not like he is working for the national radio station and ingesting large amounts of Bolivian marching powder up his nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

He's not exactly on the National Airwaves - it's a local station with a limited number of followers. I've always considered him to be a rather dim individual who is consumed by his own importance. Whatever may or may not have happened on an airplane hasn't influenced me one way or the other. I didn't listen to him before and I don't intend listening to him now.
    The one difficulty I have, however, is when I enter a local shop or business and his show is blaring. It's a bit like noisy neighbours imposing their dodgy taste in music on others who have no interest in that particular type of music. If they want to listen to it, let them off but don't expect others to be subjected to that trash.:cool:

overmantle wrote: »
    He's not exactly on the National Airwaves - it's a local station with a limited number of followers. I've always considered him to be a rather dim individual who is consumed by his own importance. Whatever may or may not have happened on an airplane hasn't influenced me one way or the other. I didn't listen to him before and I don't intend listening to him now.
    The one difficulty I have, however, is when I enter a local shop or business and his show is blaring. It's a bit like noisy neighbours imposing their dodgy taste in music on others who have no interest in that particular type of music. If they want to listen to it, let them off but don't expect others to be subjected to that trash.:cool:
    Neil has been pulling in great numbers for years and it is hardly "limited numbers" when most of Cork is tuned in to him in the mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Suppose he was lucky with that juristriction thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭scifi77

Show Time wrote: »
    Neil has been pulling in great numbers for years and it is hardly "limited numbers" when most of Cork is tuned in to him in the mornings.
    I admit I'm living in Dublin but I have to disagree. I spend quite a bit of time in Cork and have a number of contacts in Cork, everyone of whom seems to have no time for the man and give out about the kind of tactics he resorts to to try to pull in ratings. This was long before the controversy last year.

Since first reading this thread, I've been talking to a friend in Cork. He says that Prendeville appears to have a limited number of loyal followers but that the vast majority of people have little or no time for the man and don't listen to his show.

Any local station, is bound to have 'limited numbers', especially when everybody in that local area is clearly not listening to that one station. What about RTE Radio 1, 2FM, 103 FM, Red Fm, Newstalk, 4FM, to name but a few. You mean nobody in Cork is listening to any of them in the morning...? I really don't think that's likely.

Sorry, How could I have forgotten Today FM? That is also a channel with a significant number of listeners, not to mention all the other local channels in Cork.

It's a business not a charity, if he wasn't listened to and didn't pull in the numbers he simply would not have been re-employed. :rolleyes:

sok2005 wrote: »
    It's a business not a charity, if he wasn't listened to and didn't pull in the numbers he simply would not have been re-employed. :rolleyes:

Says it all really

sok2005 wrote: »
    Am I right in saying that Prendeville has a stake in the Radio station? If he has, then I'm afraid it's not as simple as you suggest. I gather he also had a stake in another business (which shall remain nameless) but was asked not to appear there, as the public were turning away in their droves.

• Advertisement

scifi77 wrote: »
    Am I right in saying that Prendeville has a stake in the Radio station? If he has, then I'm afraid it's not as simple as you suggest. I gather he also had a stake in another business (which shall remain nameless) but was asked not to appear there, as the public were turning away in their droves.

Can you back up your hearsay with any statements other than, "I was talking to someone who said" or "From what I gather"?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement