Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graham Day & the Gaolers Sat Nov 3rd

• 02-11-2007 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

GRAHAM DAY & THE GAOLERS - Sat Nov 3rd - Garage Rock by a veteran associate of art rock star Billy Childish.......

GRAHAM DAY & THE GAOLERS (ex THE PRISONERS/BILLY CHILDISH & THE BUFF MEDWAYS) Special guests – The Keepers (NI) + The Revellions + DJ Dandelion & Emperor Tomato Ketchup (NI)
    THE VOODOO LOUNGE
    SAT NOV 3rd
    PRICE: €15. DOORS: 8.30pm till Late
    Check: www.damagedgoods.co.uk

GRAHAM DAY & THE GAOLERS is a founder member of: The Prisoners and The SolarFlares. He has also played drums with Billy Childish in Thee Mighty Caesars and Bass in The Buff Medways.

The Prisoners were included in the NME’s feature of great “Lost Bands”.

Thee Mighty Caesars were a primitive garage punk group, formed by Billy Childish & Graham Day in 1985 after the demise of The Milkshakes.

They influenced many American bands, especially The Mummies, and Sub Pop groups.

They were arguably the group that brought about the resurgence of garage rock....

“I’ll always be glad I saw The Prisoners at their peak. In my mind they are one of the great bands, the ones that people should wish that they saw & most people I know who were there believe the same. Steve Lamacq

NME Review of "Get off my Track" by Graham Day & the Gaolers (a couple of members of the Woggles)

While Billy Childish has long been acknowledged as a pioneer of analogue ingenuity, fellow Medway trailblazer Graham Day - formerly of garage gods The Prisoners - remains criminally off the cultural radar. The first release by his new band The Gaolers, "Get off my Track" is so freakbeat crazed it will have Russell Brand (The Milkshakes, Holly Golightly) and his child-scaring hair running back to Hogwarts, and all is delivered with a paint-stripping intensity which makes The White Stripes sound like The Feeling. Someone get this man out of the Cult Hero clink and in the charts fast. Legends have been made of less. http://www.myspace.com/grahamdayandthegaolers

THE KEEPERS (NI) The Keepers hail from Belfast, Northern Ireland. They emerged from the ashes of two of the city's best live bands, namely the Thee Dreggs and The Cinnamon Firm. They have managed to retain the essence and power of both these bands but with an added dynamic that gives them their own distinct brand of Belfast beat. http://www.myspace.com/thekeepers

THE REVELLIONS The Revellions are one of the most recent garage surf bands to emerge from Dublin mixing the grit edged raw garage sound of Dick Dale & The Trashmen but played with a lot of surf guitar and moody organ sounds. http://www.myspace.com/therevellions

Advertisement