Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Ming, what a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Susan O'Keefe, former journalist and Labour Senator. She was a fantastic journalist in her day!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_O'Keeffe

There was "shock horror" at the fact SO'K approached Larry Goodman after mass on a Sunday morning and asked him some awkward questions - She got a lot of stick for that one!!

It was considered to have been a gross invasion of his privacy if I remember correctly!......

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

The Home Help/Carer cuts are really disgusting, these people save this country a fortune and deserve more respect :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

There was "shock horror" at the fact SO'K approached Larry Goodman after mass on a Sunday morning and asked him some awkward questions - She got a lot of stick for that one!!

It was considered to have been a gross invasion of his privacy if I remember correctly!......

I remember seeing that on TV at the time. It was great to watch.

I am really appalled at the way people have to be dragged onto the street to appeal for help....

When I see this poor lady trying to get a basic right it makes my boil.......They should hang their heads in shame.

• Advertisement

I remember seeing that on TV at the time. It was great to watch.

No-one could touch "The Baron" at that stage HA!...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,111 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The Home Help/Carer cuts are really disgusting, these people save this country a fortune and deserve more respect :mad:

Exactly, but because it's outside the Croker deal it's fair game to them. The amount of general waste in the HSE is shocking.

The clowns in Government don't seem to realise this, while at the same time they grant increments to senior civil servants earning more than 100 grand. Tossers :mad:

• Site Banned Posts: 69 ✭✭greecy_joe

who does home help mainly serve ?

Exactly, but because it's outside the Croker deal it's fair game to them. The amount of general waste in the HSE is shocking.

I wonder how much they spend on their Legal Advice????????:mad:

• Advertisement

I wonder if Reilly will have shares in those private home help companies, just as he has shares in a private nursing home?

My 85 year old Granny had a stroke a few years, she also has other complicated health issues. She lives a very happy and independent life thanks to family support and the tremendous work done by her Home Help. I've seen first hand the work that these people do.

We seem to be going backwards in this country, people should be allowed to remain in their homes for as long as possible. A bed in a Nursing Home these days costs the State about €900 per week so it far cheaper to pay for the supports that allow people to remain at home.

greecy_joe wrote: »
    who does home help mainly serve ?
    The elderly (with serious health issues) and those with disabilities.

I wonder if Reilly will have shares in those private home help companies, just as he has shares in a private nursing home?

I am disappointed in the Minister....I thought he had a better agenda, he was a GP, an interest in Special Need's but it seems to me he just is feathering his own nest all the time.........I thought he was good for the office but I don't think so now............at all.

He's obviously a liar if he said Boyd Barrett was there, if Boyd Barrett can conclusively prove that he wasn't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

F**K me listen to that labour clown trying to babble on!! Vinny making bits of him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,454 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

My 85 year old Granny had a stroke a few years, she also has other complicated health issues. She lives a very happy and independent life thanks to family support and the tremendous work done by her Home Help. I've seen first hand the work that these people do.

We seem to be going backwards in this country, people should be allowed to remain in their homes for as long as possible. A bed in a Nursing Home these days costs the State about €900 per week so it far cheaper to pay for the supports that allow people to remain at home.

All the are saving by these cuts is a mere 8 million. That's a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Boyd Barrett always goes on as if he's addressing a meeting and disrespects other guests.

He always gets into an argument with Vincent as if they're tussling. :D

For whatever reason Vincent credits him with great intelligence and doesn't go hard on him.

Good night Vincent. :rolleyes:

All the are saving by these cuts is a mere 8 million. That's a disgrace.

And it will probably cost them a lot more in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

I sense a mauling from Vinny in the offing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,454 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

imme wrote: »
    Boyd Barrett always goes on as if he's addressing a meeting and disrespects other guests.

For whatever reason Vincent credits him with great intelligence and doesn't go hard on him.

If I was on that panel and RBB waved his hands in front of my face like he did with that Lab guy he'd be handed his head in a jiffy.

home help should not be cut but the state pension is extremley generous in this country , rather than cut the pension , 75 euro should be deducted each week in order to cover the cost of employing home help , the goverment can subsidise the rest

M

Stress tests, lol

imme wrote: »

It seems to me that Vinnie is always fairly hard on ULA representatives. Granted some of their ideas are a bit off the wall but so far tonight, Richard Boyd Barrett has been speaking sense.

There are many unpaid carers out there.....

I was one for three years...never cost the State a penny.

It is effectively putting people's back to the wall by targeting people who don't have loved ones to care for them. Politicians will grasp whatever they can to balance the books....Disgust's me really......

It's like holding a gun to someone's head..........

There are many unpaid carers out there.....

I was one for three years...never cost the State a penny.

It is effectively putting people's back to the wall by targeting people who don't have loved ones to care for them. Politicians will grasp whatever they can to balance the books....Disgust's me really......

It's like holding a gun to someone's head..........

cutting home help is a sneaky way of not cutting the pension , my point is they should deduct 75 quid each week from those pensioners who need home help , goverment are afraid this would cost them votes so they chose the underhanded method , pensioners will end up having to pay someone to help them now privatley

M

I can't for the life of me understand why a new bank isn't formed and comes in with fairer terms for borrowers and savers, is there massive controls put in place in this country to prevent setting up a bank? I watched Bank Of Dave which was on Channel 4 recently, real interesting the loops they had to jump through to attempt to setup a bank in the UK, seemed like pure protectionism.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

fonejacker_terry_tibbs.jpg

I can't for the life of me understand why a new bank isn't formed and comes in with fairer terms for borrowers and savers, is there massive controls put in place in this country to prevent setting up a bank? I watched Bank Of Dave which was on Channel 4 recently, real interesting the loops they had to jump through to attempt to setup a bank in the UK, seemed like pure protectionism.

i understand the borrowers bit but what have you in mind for savers ?

• Advertisement

greecy_joe wrote: »
    cutting home help is a sneaky way of not cutting the pension , my point is they should deduct 75 quid each week from those pensioners who need home help , goverment are afraid this would cost them votes so they chose the underhanded method , pensioners will end up having to pay someone to help them now privatley

That is a lot of money g-j.......that would stress any pensioners head..........They are terrified about rises in everything.........That would put sheer terror the thought of it.....

SNAP MRSD!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement