Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[SC] Unsettling Experience

Options
  • 24-06-2013 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

As per the title, I had one last night!I listen to white noise/rain falling-type mp3s and videos at night to help me fall asleep. No different last night as I was trying to drift off.
    At some point as I was starting to drift away, I woke up to the sound of a loud growl in my ear! I "knew" it to be human and very aggressive. I came around to some degree but eventually started to drift off again. Wasn't for long though as I was again awoken, this time by the sound of someone shouting aggressively in my ear.
    Lay awake then feeling certain there was something in the room for a while. Im putting this down to something related to sleep paralysis or some sort of dream artifact, although not REALLY familiar with these concepts.
    Sometimes when Im falling asleep Ill wake with a start, unable to move. Eventually ill be able to move again, maybe after a few seconds. Im used to it now so it doesnt distress me as much as it used to, the point I suppose im trying to make is they could be somewhat related.
    Just thought I would share :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Given the forum you posted in, I'd have no shame in stating all of your symptoms are standard sleep paralysis symptoms. My other half gets it from time to time.

Noises in ear, feeling a 'presence' in the room, inability to move all point to sleep paralysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

agreed!was interesting to experience and consider!maybe not so much at the time though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

I had one experience of this kind of thing that comes to mind. I must have been dreaming with my eyes slightly open because I remember lying on my back and looking at the shutter blinds of my bedroom window.

I could hear what sounded like a chainsaw throttling outside the window. It got louder and louder as if it was getting closer and then I saw some fingers reaching through the shutters. I was absolutely terrified at that stage and even more terrified when I realised I was unable to move a muscle.

After a few seconds I seemed to come out of it and sat up with my heart racing, everything back to normal. It was amazing as it seemed completely real at the time but as soon as I sat up I could sense that it was sort of a waking dream.

Exhilarating experience and wouldn't mind experiencing it again to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

it does take a while for the ol' ticker to calm down alright

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭danish pasterys

Standman wrote: »
    I had one experience of this kind of thing that comes to mind. I must have been dreaming with my eyes slightly open because I remember lying on my back and looking at the shutter blinds of my bedroom window.

I could hear what sounded like a chainsaw throttling outside the window. It got louder and louder as if it was getting closer and then I saw some fingers reaching through the shutters. I was absolutely terrified at that stage and even more terrified when I realised I was unable to move a muscle.

After a few seconds I seemed to come out of it and sat up with my heart racing, everything back to normal. It was amazing as it seemed completely real at the time but as soon as I sat up I could sense that it was sort of a waking dream.

Exhilarating experience and wouldn't mind experiencing it again to be honest!

Lay off the whiskey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Lay off the whiskey

You must be lost; thunderdome is that way ->

Advertisement