Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Right Kind of Friends

• 04-10-2013 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Sooo Im 19, from Canada, here for a year to study at DIT Aungier Street and get some good life experience. I don't drink or go out late, partly because I have this temporary condition that requires me to take it easy and reduce stress on my body to get better. But also because I have no interest in that sort of lifestyle anymore. I want to spend my money and time here seeing and doing new things, immersing myself in irish culture (other than the drinking aspect). I have made friends, Irish and foreign, but none of them spend their time the way I want to and it makes it hard to socialize. I need some friends, from DIT or elsewhere, around my age or maybe older, who are just interested in exploring Ireland with me. That means traveling to other counties, going sightseeing, trying different food and drink, all of it. I dont know where else to go to find people, so here goes nothing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

Have you tried the international students society? I don't like to generalise but in my experience most Irish students couldn't be bothered to travel around the country unless they have to (but there are camping and walking clubs in DIT too as far as I know). Maybe also check out www.meetup.com. There are plenty of travel and culture orientated groups in Dublin. You're only here for a year and that will fly by so I'd look into something soon if you are interested. If you don't find anyone to set out sightseeing with, there is always the option of just going it alone. Stay in some hostels in the major cities and you will cross paths with others travelling around the country. There are also plenty of guided tours that you can go on that can be a good way of seeing the country. Maybe take a visit to the Tourist Information Office down on Suffolk Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rygus9

I like going alone, I just worry that I am not socializing enough...though I guess there is no right amount for stuff like that it's all a matter of what works for you at that time. I could not find the international society at the socs week, I do not know where or how to join. Thank you for the post though!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

Maybe you can drop them an email to see what they are about. Here is a list of societies with email addresses.

http://www.dit.ie/societies/listofsocieties/

Advertisement