Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fantasy Euro 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

roryc wrote: »
    It has a 'Qualifier Stats' tab

also available from uefa.com:p

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/season=2012/statistics/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Copper pipe has voted to keep the rule of 2 players per country while captain bob has voted to change it to 3 players per country.

So that leaves us with a 3-3 draw, guess we will have to leave it at 2 players per country.

I will leave the league open until Saturday night if anyone else wants to enter, I will have to close it then to start the auction

well whatever people are happy to go with we'll do that, i will say though it bears keeping in mind that we'll be bidding against 5 or 6 other people for the players we want, that was my thinking when saying 3 players from a team to start off with, it's good we're bidding against eachother it brings a new dynamic into it, but i think allowing for 3 players from a team in the group stages would hold the interest a bit more, given that no one manager is going to get 'exactly' the team they want anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Anyone interested in doing a league for the game below? A bit different from other fantasy games in that there is an auction to buy the players so only one of us will have Ronaldo, Van Persie etc etc.

seems like it could be fun, need a minimum of five players

http://www.fantasyleague.com/Default.aspx

League Name: Boards.ie
    League Code: 43962

I've applied- The Q Tours. hope it's not too late..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Skippy44 wrote: »
    I've applied- The Q Tours. hope it's not too late..

No problem, whats your opinion on the 2 or 3 players per country rule?
    manual_man wrote: »
    well whatever people are happy to go with we'll do that, i will say though it bears keeping in mind that we'll be bidding against 5 or 6 other people for the players we want, that was my thinking when saying 3 players from a team to start off with, it's good we're bidding against eachother it brings a new dynamic into it, but i think allowing for 3 players from a team in the group stages would hold the interest a bit more, given that no one manager is going to get 'exactly' the team they want anyway

Thats what i was thinking, at the minute we have seven teams and everyone will want 2 Spain players but that cant happen with only 2 players per country, it may even turn out that one person has no Spain players so I just think it would be better with 3 but we will wait and see. Wont make any definate decision until Saturday when all players have entered and had their say on it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Thats what i was thinking, at the minute we have seven teams and everyone will want 2 Spain players but that cant happen with only 2 players per country, it may even turn out that one person has no Spain players so I just think it would be better with 3 but we will wait and see. Wont make any definate decision until Saturday when all players have entered and had their say on it

Your reasoning has shifted my decision to 3 players per country

• Advertisement

Your reasoning has shifted my decision to 3 players per country

Ha, worried you might be the one to end up with no Spanish players:D

Ha, worried you might be the one to end up with no Spanish players:D

Ah, Maybe :P

3 per country does make sense in that respect, could be pricey tho. Will the quota be raised to 4 (or more) for the knockout stages?

Skippy44 wrote: »
    3 per country does make sense in that respect, could be pricey tho. Will the quota be raised to 4 (or more) for the knockout stages?

Yep, it will be raised for the knockout stages, probably 4 for the quarter and semi finals and 6 for the final if you can change it

Shotgun! on Mcshate & Biscuits FF gold those two.....:rolleyes:
    Round 1: Deadline midnight Sunday June 3rd
    Round 2: Monday June 4th 12pm until midnight
    Round 3: Tuesday June 5th 12pm until midnight
    Round 4: Wednesday June 6th 12pm until midnight
    are these auction dates set now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Is 12 hours the maximum time per auction session?

I'm getting a flight at 10am on the 5th, and won't be landed until 9pm. So I'm in airports from roughly 7am-10pm, then making my way home. I have a 55min layover in-between, but I'm sure that'll be spent having my rights stripped by US immigration.

So unless we can get 18-24 hour sessions, I'm gonna have to pull out.

I'm guessing each session will take a couple of hours or so. One session = for one position (GK, DEF, etc.), right?? In any case i think the only way to get it to work is to have a strict set time we all have to be online for, if anything doing two sessions at a time might be the way to go. So two sessions of two, asking all people to be online at the same time on 4 occasions is too much i think, 2 i think we could manage

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Can you make an extra thread for this auction thing...

carlcon wrote: »

I'm getting a flight at 10am on the 5th, and won't be landed until 9pm. So I'm in airports from roughly 7am-10pm, then making my way home. I have a 55min layover in-between, but I'm sure that'll be spent having my rights stripped by US immigration.

Im not exactly sure how the times will work tbh, have to wait until I can hit the enter auction button which I cant do until I close entries. I could close entries today or tommorrow i suppose, dont think we will get too many more to enter

Not sure if I can set a time for the auction to start and finish or if I have to be online to start and finish it
    I'm guessing each session will take a couple of hours or so. One session = for one position (GK, DEF, etc.), right?? In any case i think the only way to get it to work is to have a strict set time we all have to be online for, if anything doing two sessions at a time might be the way to go. So two sessions of two, asking all people to be online at the same time on 4 occasions is too much i think, 2 i think we could manage

The way it works is you choose the 15 players you want in your squad and how much you want to bis for each player, within the £100m budget and you submit that before the deadline in round 1 of the bidding.

I will then process the bids and you will find out who you got and who you didnt. For example we will say you got 8 of the 15 players you bid for, you would then have to bid for 7 more players with your remaining budget before the deadline for round 2, same would happen for round 3 and 4 until you have a full squad

Can you make an extra thread for this auction thing...

Can do, any idea if I can transfer over the posts from this thread or how would i do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Cheers. Mods can clean it up after you make the new thread.

carlcon wrote: »

Im not exactly sure how the times will work tbh, have to wait until I can hit the enter auction button which I cant do until I close entries. I could close entries today or tommorrow i suppose, dont think we will get too many more to enter

Not sure if I can set a time for the auction to start and finish or if I have to be online to start and finish it

The way it works is you choose the 15 players you want in your squad and how much you want to bis for each player, within the £100m budget and you submit that before the deadline in round 1 of the bidding.

I will then process the bids and you will find out who you got and who you didnt. For example we will say you got 8 of the 15 players you bid for, you would then have to bid for 7 more players with your remaining budget before the deadline for round 2, same would happen for round 3 and 4 until you have a full squad

That makes alot more sense alright. So in theory any one of us will only have to be online for a few minutes on any given day. That's good. Let's just wait til after the games on Saturday and figure out a starting time for Auction 1

Cheers. Mods can clean it up after you make the new thread.

Moved to here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78944775#post78944775

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

I'm in. Beware.

G.K. wrote: »
    I'm in. Beware.

Is this the league on fantasyleague.com, if so do you mind me asking what your team name is? Thanks

• Advertisement

599173_10151175167224968_738699967_13563306_1676000814_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Am I too late for the American style draft league lads?

Keno 92 wrote: »

Id say your ok, but send munster magic a PM to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

swoody wrote: »
    599173_10151175167224968_738699967_13563306_1676000814_n.jpg

You've got a good starting 11, but quite a weak bench tbh.

Keno 92 wrote: »

Thread on it if you follow the link below, I will be closing entries tomorrow morning

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056655766

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Applied there.

Name: DerekZoolander

Team Name: CenterForKidsWhoCantReadGood

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

It's very quiet in here. What's going on?

I've never done the substitutions within a gameday before. Can I substitute right up until five o'clock on a given day?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Roman Shirokov got 2 goals and an assist against Italy the last night. 1 to watch with Russia having an easy group. Also.... Malafeev looking more likely to take the Goalkeeper role for Russia. He's started both their past two friendlies ahead of Akinfeev.

Czech defender Kadlec on spot-kicks for them. Worth a look for a reasonably cheap defender.

Wesley Sneijder with a goal and assist. RVP with 2 goals and 2 assists. RVP looking more and more likely to be a must-have. While Sneijder, along with Mesut Ozil, are just too consistent to overlook with Ozil getting another assist the last night.

I've never done the substitutions within a gameday before. Can I substitute right up until five o'clock on a given day?

As far as I know you can replace a player (from your starting 11) who has previously played, with one from your subs bench, but not between 2 matches on a single day. Within a round of matches (ie group A-D) you can sub a player off before the deadline (15 mins before) for the next day's matches.

• Advertisement

yes!
    Substitutions

Use the My Team page to select 11 players to form your team for the next Matchday. Your formation will automatically change based on the players you have chosen.
    Your substitutes do not score points. However, once a Matchday has started you can choose to take control of your squad by making manager substitutions, or do nothing and allow automatic substitutions to take place at the end of the Matchday.

Manager substitutions

After all matches on a single day have finished and before the next matches start, you can:
    1. Replace any player who wasn't sent off, with one from your bench whose team is yet to play.
    2. Change your captain if he wasn't sent off, with a player from your squad whose team is yet to play.
    Players who are substituted out will score 0 points, the captain bonus will be lost from your original captain if a new captain is selected. Substitutions and captain changes can't be cancelled once confirmed.
    An unlimited number of manager substitutions can be made, however, it is not possible to make manager substitutions after games on the last day of the Matchday, as all fixtures will have been completed.
    If a manager substitution or captain change is made then no automatic substitutions will take place on your team that Matchday.
    Automatic substitutions

If no manager substitutions or captain changes are made, automatic substitutions will take place at the end of the Matchday, when all matches have been played.
    If your goalkeeper plays no part in the Matchday, then the computer will substitute the player for your replacement goalkeeper, if they played in the Matchday.
    If any of your outfield players play no part in the Matchday, then the computer will try to substitute the inactive player for one of your replacements. This is done by replacing them with your highest priority substitute who actually played in the Matchday. You can change your substitution priorities on the My Team page.

you can also change your captain after every gameday, as long as the one your picking hasnt played yet!

Advertisement