Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Lucuma wrote: »
    Congratulations angeldelight :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 NordieNox

Congratulations angeldelight that is wonderful news! Wishing you a very healthy and happy pregnancy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭TomeeTipee

Congratulations angeldelight, delighted for you. Hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy xx

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

Massive congratulations angledelight. Hope you have an easy & healthy pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Congrats angledelight!!

Ah it's great to hear good news!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

congratulations angeldelight!

This wait between ovulation and AF is a pain in the butt! Enjoy the sexy time without the 'trying' but mad that everyone has such a short window.

Day 13 and breakthru bleedin started yesterday.. Do not understand what is wrong with my cycle - it's gone mad!! It's been a few months every couple of weeks now :( very frustrating. And exhausting! I'm really tired and stressed out at the mo so maybe that's causing it - who knows! Anyway not letting it bother me but will go to doc at end of this month if keeps going cos I was so regular 29 days up until 3 months ago! Don't see it happening soon for us with things like this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

dublinlady wrote: »
    Day 13 and breakthru bleedin started yesterday.. Do not understand what is wrong with my cycle - it's gone mad!! It's been a few months every couple of weeks now :( very frustrating. And exhausting! I'm really tired and stressed out at the mo so maybe that's causing it - who knows! Anyway not letting it bother me but will go to doc at end of this month if keeps going cos I was so regular 29 days up until 3 months ago! Don't see it happening soon for us with things like this!

That's frustrating dublinlady.

My own cycle has gone more erratic too. Since I had the baby it's been between 29 and 31 days with a short enough 10/11 day luteal phase depending on my calculations or fertility friends. I've started getting spots again coming up to my period, which hasn't happened for years, and last month my luteal phase was only 9 days and period lasted 4 days instead of the usual 7/8 days. Wasn't going to use opk this month but started getting ovulation type pain last night on cycle day 8 so I used a clearblue one this morning and got a flashing smiley. I know this could be a false high but with the pains I'm not sure. Even if I got 7 days of flashing before a solid positive like last month that would only bring me to day 16 as opposed to my usual day 19/20. Might see how this month goes and head to the doctor too if things still seem very off kilter still after this cycle.

Sorry girls can I ask, what is a luteal phase?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

I have my hands full, literally, with my 2 day old baby daughter! She's after falling asleep at the boob....again ;-)
    Not sure she would have been conceived without the info, reassurance, advice & support I got on this forum. Oh how things can change in 1 year! Thanks so much ladies xxx Wishing all of you loads of BFP dust

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Sorry girls can I ask, what is a luteal phase?
    The days between ovulation day and the 1st day of your period

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭TomeeTipee

I have my hands full, literally, with my 2 day old baby daughter! She's after falling asleep at the boob....again ;-)
    Not sure she would have been conceived without the info, reassurance, advice & support I got on this forum. Oh how things can change in 1 year! Thanks so much ladies xxx Wishing all of you loads of BFP dust

Congratulations Lucuma, delighted for you! Wishing you and your little girl all the best xx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Aww congratulations!!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Congratulations guys!

Roesy wrote: »
    That's frustrating dublinlady.

My own cycle has gone more erratic too. Since I had the baby it's been between 29 and 31 days with a short enough 10/11 day luteal phase depending on my calculations or fertility friends. I've started getting spots again coming up to my period, which hasn't happened for years, and last month my luteal phase was only 9 days and period lasted 4 days instead of the usual 7/8 days. Wasn't going to use opk this month but started getting ovulation type pain last night on cycle day 8 so I used a clearblue one this morning and got a flashing smiley. I know this could be a false high but with the pains I'm not sure. Even if I got 7 days of flashing before a solid positive like last month that would only bring me to day 16 as opposed to my usual day 19/20. Might see how this month goes and head to the doctor too if things still seem very off kilter still after this cycle.

Ended up heading to the doctor today. Had a bit of bleeding this morning on day 13 so that coupled with the ovulation type pain and all the other things I was complaining about in my last post, I said I better get checked out. It was a bit of a waste of a visit I reckon. She felt my abdomen and checked my urine, both of which were thankfully clear. Her only suggestion was to go on a progestin only pill(mini pill) to regulate my periods. I had already told her that my cycle was currently 29-31 days and she admitted that it would only regulate me to 28 and said it wouldn't affect my short luteal phase. I've gone off and read about it and it seems that it stops ovulation in most women but can't find anything to say how it affects ovulation after you finish taking it. Obviously I know its main/original purpose is for you not get to get pregnant on it!! Has anyone been put on this to help try to conceive?

Ended up heading to the doctor today. Had a bit of bleeding this morning on day 13 so that coupled with the ovulation type pain and all the other things I was complaining about in my last post, I said I better get checked out. It was a bit of a waste of a visit I reckon. She felt my abdomen and checked my urine, both of which were thankfully clear. Her only suggestion was to go on a progestin only pill(mini pill) to regulate my periods. I had already told her that my cycle was currently 29-31 days and she admitted that it would only regulate me to 28 and said it wouldn't affect my short luteal phase. I've gone off and read about it and it seems that it stops ovulation in most women but can't find anything to say how it affects ovulation after you finish taking it. Obviously I know its main/original purpose is for you not get to get pregnant on it!! Has anyone been put on this to help try to conceive?

I have heard if it alright to regulate erstic cycles but honestly my cycles have been so over the place I just don't want to take anything that might make it worse or interfere!! I'm hoping it just gonna click back in... But it's not working out for me so what do I know!!!
    It's hard cos ur like me with ur cycles roughly the right length it's just the break through bleeding ( in my case - almost full time bleeding :( )
    Just fed up of it all and tempted to take a break for a few months but Eugh I just don't know - day 20 ish now...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Will be interested to hear how it works out for you roesy. My periods vary in length too and I've no idea if I'm ovulsting. My last period was only one day long and it was so heavy. I also suffer awful backache almost every night so my heart tells me something isn't right. We're now 10mobths ttc too. Anyway, I asked my doc to refer me for a public gynae appt in the coombe as I can't afford to keep going private. Got an appt for mid December but praying we get some good news in the meantime.

I just dunno - been trying for 6/7 months this time, but my cycle is just mad so wondering about the mini pill... I kinda feel like I get my period, it's usually heavy and lasts 5-7days, then on about day 10 I get breakthru bleeding and then from day 14 ish I feel premenstrual to the point where I am feeling a bit low. That lasts til day 20 ish when I start bleeding again 😣 just feel like regardless of tcc I just feel rotten last few months and want to be fixed! Need to think about some sort of solution to my periods even if it means the mini pill for 2-3 months cos at the mo my cycles are so mental I'll never conceive!
    The thought of going on the pill is just horrendous and I'm afraid it would affect my future fertility. I want a baby now.. I don't want to be even thinking about this!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭cinloom

hi all, I was wondering if any of you got PCOS and try ovarian drilling or IVF abroad ?

I am on clomid 100 and glucophage got only one follicule this month and if it s not working doc was telling me next time would be ovarian drilling or IVF.

• Advertisement

Going to be going for IVF in January but doing it in Galway, was thinking about going to Prague but we've decided to do first round here and we'll see how that goes but I can imagine we'd go abroad after that. Brno in Prague I hear alot of people going to.

Hi Hollywood130, How many round of clomid did you before decided for IVF ?

In 2013 I done 6 months of chlomid. Then I done 4 months of Ovulation Induction. I am a bit different in that I have Endo and Ovarian cysts. Due to these I have a low egg reserve. Exhaust all avenues first. Have they mentioned OI to you

I havent heard about ovulation induction is it like clomid ? went for the scan this morning got a follicle so doc gave me a prescription of a injection. I hope it will work

I just dunno - been trying for 6/7 months this time, but my cycle is just mad so wondering about the mini pill... I kinda feel like I get my period, it's usually heavy and lasts 5-7days, then on about day 10 I get breakthru bleeding and then from day 14 ish I feel premenstrual to the point where I am feeling a bit low. That lasts til day 20 ish when I start bleeding again 😣 just feel like regardless of tcc I just feel rotten last few months and want to be fixed! Need to think about some sort of solution to my periods even if it means the mini pill for 2-3 months cos at the mo my cycles are so mental I'll never conceive!
    The thought of going on the pill is just horrendous and I'm afraid it would affect my future fertility. I want a baby now.. I don't want to be even thinking about this!

Ended up not filling the prescription for the mini pill. I was back at the doctor a couple of days after the first appointment because the spotting had started again and I had back pain with it. Saw another doctor that day and she said didn't think it was a good idea to go on it if my aim was to get pregnant. She recommended a pelvic ultrasound and Bloodtests to get a clearer idea of what is going on. I have them on Tuesday, the day my period is due. Not sure what Bloodtests she's running though.

Ended up not filling the prescription for the mini pill. I was back at the doctor a couple of days after the first appointment because the spotting had started again and I had back pain with it. Saw another doctor that day and she said didn't think it was a good idea to go on it if my aim was to get pregnant. She recommended a pelvic ultrasound and Bloodtests to get a clearer idea of what is going on. I have them on Tuesday, the day my period is due. Not sure what Bloodtests she's running though.

Yeah I feel like my hormones are just up in the air and need to settle down so I'm afraid to meddle with them! I'm taking a star flower and evening primrose oil supplement now so hoping that will help.
    Mind u I'm on day 30, negative test, just waiting for witch to arrive! I know I'm out - we simply did not give it our best effort this month! Busy spell for us and we knackered all the time! The kids aren't sleeping well either which doesn't help!
    Must look back to see if this will be month 7 or 8 trying this time - I remember reading 7 months is average....

Yeah I feel like my hormones are just up in the air and need to settle down so I'm afraid to meddle with them! I'm taking a star flower and evening primrose oil supplement now so hoping that will help.
    Mind u I'm on day 30, negative test, just waiting for witch to arrive! I know I'm out - we simply did not give it our best effort this month! Busy spell for us and we knackered all the time! The kids aren't sleeping well either which doesn't help!
    Must look back to see if this will be month 7 or 8 trying this time - I remember reading 7 months is average....

Mine are fairly crazy at the moment too. Was taking evening primrose and stopped when I got a positive opk. Will be curious about Bloodtest results. Slightly got the impression the doctor was only humouring me when she suggested them. Might try reflexology again. Coincidentally or not my cycle evened out hugely the last time I tried it.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

cinloom wrote: »
    I havent heard about ovulation induction is it like clomid ? went for the scan this morning got a follicle so doc gave me a prescription of a injection. I hope it will work

I think you are doing ovulation induction by the sounds of it?

Its basically clomid+1. You take clomid at the beginning of your cycle, get scans midway to check for follicles and when they are mature, you take a trigger shot - an injection of another hormone to trigger ovulation. Usually you ovulate 36 hrs after the injection, so you time intercourse specifically around that window - abstain for a few days then have sex 12 hrs before ovulation, and 12 hrs after.

I got pregnant on the third month of this, so naturally I'm a fan, but it doesn't work for everyone.

The next step up the ladder then is IUI where you more or less do the above, but instead of having sex, your partner gives a fresh sample, which is inserted directly into you.

Neyite wrote: »
    I think you are doing ovulation induction by the sounds of it?

Its basically clomid+1. You take clomid at the beginning of your cycle, get scans midway to check for follicles and when they are mature, you take a trigger shot - an injection of another hormone to trigger ovulation. Usually you ovulate 36 hrs after the injection, so you time intercourse specifically around that window - abstain for a few days then have sex 12 hrs before ovulation, and 12 hrs after.

I got pregnant on the third month of this, so naturally I'm a fan, but it doesn't work for everyone.

The next step up the ladder then is IUI where you more or less do the above, but instead of having sex, your partner gives a fresh sample, which is inserted directly into you.

oh i didnt know it was called like that.
    Doc told me to do sex 4 hours later and on monday. I hope it will work.
    I m dying to hold a mini me

• Advertisement

Cinloom, yes OI is injections, mine was gonal f on days 4,6,8 and Ovitrelle on Day 10. Well you go for a scan on Day 10 first and if there are follicles there they tell you to take another shot. Then they tell you the best times to do the deed! I didn't take chlomid at all with mine so there must be different forms of it, I had gonal f injections first. For us IUI was not the next step, they have recommended IVF, from what I've been told they only use IUI if there is a male factor problem i.e slow swimmers or low quality etc

Good luck with the tests Roesy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement